trips said:
ZippityDooDah said:
trips said:
Dos-Dox said:
trips said:
Is there a separate Uther site selling kits at a better rate? Buying one vial at a time from the usual shop costs a fortune.
Since there's a no source discussion banner in place, I won't name the actual site, but keep in mind that Uther does not offer single vials.
oops, i suppose that was added recently, and probably because my post count is low so i'm still treated as a noob. i've been away from here for a few weeks while i worked through all the huge pile of information at peppy's.
i'm not really sure what the right way is for me to get clarity here, or to figure out where i'm messing up when i check what i believed was this well known and frequently referenced vendor's site, if sources can't be talked about at all.
@ZippityDooDah would you be able to stop by and give me some guidance/clarity about source discussion in general?
Which piece of this is unclear to you?
As stated in /help/jyc-new-member-posting/
View attachment 10964
It looks like that whole part is about folks who show up, create new threads, or barge into existing ones demanding sources.
I haven't been around for ages, but I'm also not completely new. I wouldn't call myself a frequent poster, yet during the 3.5 months I've spent here, I've taken part in the community without doing any of the stuff listed. What I posted in this thread was just a request to clear up something in an ongoing conversation about a vendor—someone had named a seller and linked a jano report, and that report shows the seller's website, where single vials are available. Being told this seller doesn't offer singles only makes it more puzzling. (edit - not sure what i was looking at but guessing i wound up on a site from someone who uses the same name but is not actually the seller, but tbh i have no idea)
I get that the point of the rules is mostly to curb spam and manipulation, and to prevent people from signing up and flooding the forum with source requests. I don't think I or my question here falls into either category. I'm guessing you disagree.
I doubt I can state this in a simpler way, but I'll give it a shot, since it seems that being bilingual is causing an ongoing issue with reading comprehension.
Beneath your forum name, the user level shown is "GLP-1 Novice", and it now also carries the badge "No Source Discussion" to make things even clearer and eliminate any confusion (and yet, here I am...).
The new member page spells it out plainly: until someone reaches the "GLP-1 Apprentice" user level, they are not allowed to discuss sources. In a hierarchy, Novice sits BELOW Apprentice; that's now reinforced by the "No Source Discussion" badge for anyone who might not know how hierarchical titles work.
How long a person has been a member is just 1 of roughly 6 metrics that determine advancement up the user level ladder. It makes no difference if someone joined on August 1, 2023; if they haven't taken part meaningfully in enough discussions, gotten enough "likes", viewed enough threads, stayed clear of breaking forum rules (such as the no source discussion rule), etc., then they're no different from someone who signed up yesterday.
For most active members, reaching "GLP-1 Apprentice" takes about 3 to 4 weeks on average. Eventually, everyone gets there.
Ironically, it's the impatient people complaining about not being able to discuss sources who invariably take longer.
This forum has over 36,000 members. You and some others might think you've built up enough knowledge, experience, and reputation to be moved to the next user level, but the rules exist to treat everyone the same, because we lack the time and resources to individually evaluate every single member's merits to decide that. We depend on the built-in automations to handle it using a set of established parameters (no, I won't reveal what they are) that have been carefully refined over the past 2 and a half years.
In the end, it boils down to the maxim "respect is earned, not given". Following the rules matters for keeping the forum civil and worthwhile, and those who do earn respect in return become positive members of our forum community. The saddest irony is, I fucking hate rules and I hate that we even have to have any here. If the world weren't full of so many shitty humans, I'd be happy just to let things roll on however they may. Unfortunately, reality is a harsh punch in the balls, so here we are.
I don't even know what you've been trying to discuss in this thread, and—frankly—I don't care. The rules are the rules and apply to everyone equally. Other helpful members have pointed out your "No Source Discussion" badge. Instead of questioning it, if you had taken a little time to pause, reflect, research and read up via the countless previous threads and posts here to understand how it all works, you probably would have already reached the Apprentice level by now.