Waking up once every night despite sleeping well…

Sumblime81

Explorer
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Springfield, Ga
Is anyone else experiencing this while on Reta? It feels like no matter how exhausted I get, I still wake up 1 time each night. Falling back asleep isn’t a problem for me, but it’s still a bit frustrating.

Hoping to find some fixes. I’d really prefer to sleep straight through the night.

Thanks
 
Just once? That sounds like a win to me. My nights go: awake at midnight, then 1 or 2, and falling back asleep is basically impossible. By 4-4:30 every single morning I'm out of bed for good. It kicked in over the last few 6mg doses, and at 8mg now it's brutal.
 
I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
 
Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That's something I've come across too, yet here I am in month 3. Early on it was definitely more frequent. Things have calmed down a lot since then, though I still get up 1 time each night. All in all it isn't terrible, and the trade-off is absolutely worth it.
 
Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That's something I've come across too, yet here I am in month 3. Early on it was definitely more frequent. Things have calmed down a lot since then, though I still get up 1 time each night. All in all it isn't terrible, and the trade-off is absolutely worth it.
Honestly, even before this I would typically wake up 1 time during the night to pee, so for me that's pretty much standard.
 
Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That’s something I’ve come across too, though I’m now in month 3. Early on it was more intense. Things have eased a lot since then, yet I still wake 1 time each night. It could be worse, and all in all it’s worth sticking with.

BNLFL said:

Just once? That sounds like a win to me. My nights go: awake at midnight, then 1 or 2, and falling back asleep is basically impossible. By 4-4:30 every single morning I'm out of bed for good. It kicked in over the last few 6mg doses, and at 8mg now it's brutal.
Right, that 4:30 aspect is part of it as well. Once it hits 4:30, sleep is done for me. Even when I go to bed later, I still can’t sleep in. The remainder of the day tends to drag because of it.
 
Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That’s something I’ve come across too, though I’m now in month 3. Early on it was more intense. Things have eased a lot since then, yet I still wake 1 time each night. It could be worse, and all in all it’s worth sticking with.

BNLFL said:

Just once? That sounds like a win to me. My nights go: awake at midnight, then 1 or 2, and falling back asleep is basically impossible. By 4-4:30 every single morning I'm out of bed for good. It kicked in over the last few 6mg doses, and at 8mg now it's brutal.
Right, that 4:30 aspect is part of it as well. Once it hits 4:30, sleep is done for me. Even when I go to bed later, I still can’t sleep in. The remainder of the day tends to drag because of it.
Yeah, it happens to me too. No matter how late I go to bed, and most of the time I'm so exhausted I just can't. On some afternoons I have to get some sleep, and I really dislike napping. On the bright side, I know what's showing on TV at 4:30, and I catch up on the 3 forums I'm part of, plus my TG groups. This is the only one that covers this GLP-1 topic.
 
Once per night? That's a rookie number. Even before I started Reta, I was already getting up 3 times per night, and 10 weeks in on Reta, it's still 3 times per night. What's changed is the falling back asleep part: pre-Reta, a quick trip to the toilet and I'd be out again within a couple minutes. These days, every single time, it takes me anywhere from 30m to an hour. Oh, and my deep sleep is wrecked.

So I'm still on the hunt for anything new to try. Of everything recommended in this thread, I've given almost all of it a shot — ashwaganda and epithalon are the only ones left. Glycine, melatonin, and magnesium appear to do something for me. Everything else: nothing.
 
Bioexplorer said:

Once per night? That's a rookie number. Even before I started Reta, I was already getting up 3 times per night, and 10 weeks in on Reta, it's still 3 times per night. What's changed is the falling back asleep part: pre-Reta, a quick trip to the toilet and I'd be out again within a couple minutes. These days, every single time, it takes me anywhere from 30m to an hour. Oh, and my deep sleep is wrecked.

So I'm still on the hunt for anything new to try. Of everything recommended in this thread, I've given almost all of it a shot — ashwaganda and epithalon are the only ones left. Glycine, melatonin, and magnesium appear to do something for me. Everything else: nothing.
Has anyone here tried Tesa or hgh for this, and did it make a difference? If that worked for you, I’m interested in trying it. My main goal is just to get proper sleep again. Sleep apnea is also something I deal with, though it has improved after weight loss — still, it could be what’s causing this. I’ve got a sleep apnea appointment coming up this week, and I’m hoping it brings some relief.
 
Bioexplorer said:

Once per night? That's a rookie number. Even before I started Reta, I was already getting up 3 times per night, and 10 weeks in on Reta, it's still 3 times per night. What's changed is the falling back asleep part: pre-Reta, a quick trip to the toilet and I'd be out again within a couple minutes. These days, every single time, it takes me anywhere from 30m to an hour. Oh, and my deep sleep is wrecked.

So I'm still on the hunt for anything new to try. Of everything recommended in this thread, I've given almost all of it a shot — ashwaganda and epithalon are the only ones left. Glycine, melatonin, and magnesium appear to do something for me. Everything else: nothing.
Youngster indeed, hahahahaha.
 
BNLFL said:

Bioexplorer said:

Once per night? That's a rookie number. Even before I started Reta, I was already getting up 3 times per night, and 10 weeks in on Reta, it's still 3 times per night. What's changed is the falling back asleep part: pre-Reta, a quick trip to the toilet and I'd be out again within a couple minutes. These days, every single time, it takes me anywhere from 30m to an hour. Oh, and my deep sleep is wrecked.

So I'm still on the hunt for anything new to try. Of everything recommended in this thread, I've given almost all of it a shot — ashwaganda and epithalon are the only ones left. Glycine, melatonin, and magnesium appear to do something for me. Everything else: nothing.
Youngster indeed, hahahahaha.
True, I’m certainly not "young".😂🤣 Still, I wouldn’t call myself old either….
 
Mood said:

Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That's something I've come across too, yet here I am in month 3. Early on it was definitely more frequent. Things have calmed down a lot since then, though I still get up 1 time each night. All in all it isn't terrible, and the trade-off is absolutely worth it.
Honestly, even before this I would typically wake up 1 time during the night to pee, so for me that's pretty much standard.

BNLFL said:

I'm well past my younger years. Still, I feel good.
Yep, next month I turn 45. The only people who’d say I’m young are 60+
 
Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That's something I've come across too, yet here I am in month 3. Early on it was definitely more frequent. Things have calmed down a lot since then, though I still get up 1 time each night. All in all it isn't terrible, and the trade-off is absolutely worth it.
Honestly, even before this I would typically wake up 1 time during the night to pee, so for me that's pretty much standard.

BNLFL said:

I'm well past my younger years. Still, I feel good.
Yep, next month I turn 45. The only people who’d say I’m young are 60+
My 2 kids are each within 2 years of your age, which makes you young. 🤣
 
Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

Sumblime81 said:

Mood said:

I used to wake up a couple of times each night, but after a few weeks it's mostly resolved.
That's something I've come across too, yet here I am in month 3. Early on it was definitely more frequent. Things have calmed down a lot since then, though I still get up 1 time each night. All in all it isn't terrible, and the trade-off is absolutely worth it.
Honestly, even before this I would typically wake up 1 time during the night to pee, so for me that's pretty much standard.

BNLFL said:

I'm well past my younger years. Still, I feel good.
Yep, next month I turn 45. The only people who’d say I’m young are 60+
Most people contributing to this discussion likely meet that description. From where I stand, you're clearly a youngster.🙂
 
Check out the DORA classification for sleep medications. It changed everything. My long-term sleep nightmare is finally resolved.
 
Easier if you'd included "M/F"; above or below 50...

Is it simply waking, or is it waking in order to urinate? Urban dwelling or rural? Has anything shifted around you, like a newly built road or a data center?

Any recent blood sugar test? Prostate check? (that's why I asked m/f)

Plenty of absurd ideas push people toward medication for sleep. Waking in the middle of the night need not indicate a health problem — often the opposite.

Worth keeping in mind: before industrialization, with minimal artificial light, a two or three phase sleep pattern was standard. A "second sleep" was commonly mentioned. Midnight social gatherings happened. Craftspeople labored. Certain well-known writers and thinkers of the Middle Ages and the Enlightenment composed at night and left accounts of it.

So it's quite possible the early part of your night was solid sleep, and by then your body had gotten what it needed.

Some light reading, bookkeeping, shoe polishing, batch cooking, watching the stars… a brief activity, enjoyable or dull, then back to bed for one or two more sleep cycles.

Throw in a 10 to 20 minute nap after lunch, and you'll be at your best.
 
Is that your dog???? I ask because I also have a snuggling, snuffling wrinkle monster.
 
Sumblime81 said:

Bioexplorer said:

Once per night? That's a rookie number. Even before I started Reta, I was already getting up 3 times per night, and 10 weeks in on Reta, it's still 3 times per night. What's changed is the falling back asleep part: pre-Reta, a quick trip to the toilet and I'd be out again within a couple minutes. These days, every single time, it takes me anywhere from 30m to an hour. Oh, and my deep sleep is wrecked.

So I'm still on the hunt for anything new to try. Of everything recommended in this thread, I've given almost all of it a shot — ashwaganda and epithalon are the only ones left. Glycine, melatonin, and magnesium appear to do something for me. Everything else: nothing.
Has anyone here tried Tesa or hgh for this, and did it make a difference? If that worked for you, I’m interested in trying it. My main goal is just to get proper sleep again. Sleep apnea is also something I deal with, though it has improved after weight loss — still, it could be what’s causing this. I’ve got a sleep apnea appointment coming up this week, and I’m hoping it brings some relief.
51M. CJC/Ipa along with HGH have both improved my sleep. My sleep was already fairly good beforehand, yet now it's even better.

I also begin my bedtime routine at the same time each night, which matters for keeping sleep consistently good.
 
Back
Top