Volume

WLBLD said:

BNLFL said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
Ever had ink done on the back of the arm? Gripping the chair makes for a decent winch, and that spot stays tender.
I'll pass, thanks!! Yeah, that area is where I'm sorest. I've got a few, just not in that place, ha ha. Fingers crossed it went quickly and the person doing it knew what they were doing!!
Honestly, even just the pen marking the outline was painful. 😆
 
BNLFL said:

WLBLD said:

BNLFL said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
Ever had ink done on the back of the arm? Gripping the chair makes for a decent winch, and that spot stays tender.
I'll pass, thanks!! Yeah, that area is where I'm sorest. I've got a few, just not in that place, ha ha. Fingers crossed it went quickly and the person doing it knew what they were doing!!
Honestly, even just the pen marking the outline was painful. 😆
This is absolutely a bad experience, thumbs down!!
 
Poor-quality needles leave me with plenty of bruises. These days I stick to Novofine or BD only.

I realise some folks are more prone to bruising than others — I'm one of them.

It can be a health condition.

4 mm works well and is the size supplied with Wegovy pens in the pharmacy parcel; 5 and 6 mm are okay too, while 8 can reach IM if you're very ripped.
 
miss-sanne said:

Poor-quality needles leave me with plenty of bruises. These days I stick to Novofine or BD only.

I realise some folks are more prone to bruising than others — I'm one of them.

It can be a health condition.

4 mm works well and is the size supplied with Wegovy pens in the pharmacy parcel; 5 and 6 mm are okay too, while 8 can reach IM if you're very ripped.
Could be me, or perhaps I just hit a poor location! 10u isn't a large amount. Bruising has always come easily to me.

I went with the 4mm because they're the tiniest option. Given that those exist, I'd never go to the trouble of using the 8mm, though sadly I'm not shredded, ha ha 🙂
 
WLBLD said:

miss-sanne said:

Poor-quality needles leave me with plenty of bruises. These days I stick to Novofine or BD only.

I realise some folks are more prone to bruising than others — I'm one of them.

It can be a health condition.

4 mm works well and is the size supplied with Wegovy pens in the pharmacy parcel; 5 and 6 mm are okay too, while 8 can reach IM if you're very ripped.
Could be me, or perhaps I just hit a poor location! 10u isn't a large amount. Bruising has always come easily to me.

I went with the 4mm because they're the tiniest option. Given that those exist, I'd never go to the trouble of using the 8mm, though sadly I'm not shredded, ha ha 🙂
From what I can tell, the quantity isn't the issue — it's more likely that a capillary got nicked by mistake. I'm the type who bruises super easily, haha.
 
Vash_ said:

Are you injecting with a pen? If you aren't, then 4mm is quite short. It's possible you aren't reaching SubQ.

For my insulin syringes, I go with 8mm needles and it's never been a problem.

Could your iron levels be low?
On a different site, someone mentioned that using 8mm could prevent bruising, and it appeared to work for the individual who was struggling with bruises. I started researching this since my wife gets bruises easily, and I was causing marks on her with a syringe, which was distressing for both of us. 😳 I had also been injecting at an angle, and I read that injection pen makers advise going straight in at 90 degrees while pinching the skin.

So I got a high-quality auto injector pen, EasyTouch 31g, 8mm needles, and now I inject directly, and we've had no issues at all since. /wipes the sweat off my brow... 😆
 
WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
Yeah, that did the trick — thanks. No marks showed up, only some serious tenderness that stuck around for about a day afterward. And truth be told, I'm putting this on Serena Williams. Using the back of the arm had never crossed my mind until that commercial where she does it, and I figured "huh, that might feel better." SERENA WILLIAMS PLAYED ME.
 
randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
Yeah, that did the trick — thanks. No marks showed up, only some serious tenderness that stuck around for about a day afterward. And truth be told, I'm putting this on Serena Williams. Using the back of the arm had never crossed my mind until that commercial where she does it, and I figured "huh, that might feel better." SERENA WILLIAMS PLAYED ME.
Celebrities should never be trusted!
 
randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
Yeah, that did the trick — thanks. No marks showed up, only some serious tenderness that stuck around for about a day afterward. And truth be told, I'm putting this on Serena Williams. Using the back of the arm had never crossed my mind until that commercial where she does it, and I figured "huh, that might feel better." SERENA WILLIAMS PLAYED ME.
I'm not sure what specifically you're talking about, but Serena Williams' husband has put a lot of money into the RO company she promotes.
 
Ruckus4519 said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
Yeah, that did the trick — thanks. No marks showed up, only some serious tenderness that stuck around for about a day afterward. And truth be told, I'm putting this on Serena Williams. Using the back of the arm had never crossed my mind until that commercial where she does it, and I figured "huh, that might feel better." SERENA WILLIAMS PLAYED ME.
I'm not sure what specifically you're talking about, but Serena Williams' husband has put a lot of money into the RO company she promotes.
In a commercial, she injected the back of her arm and didn't instantly lose her smile while shouting "ow fuck, that HURT!" I feel betrayed.
 
randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
Yeah, that did the trick — thanks. No marks showed up, only some serious tenderness that stuck around for about a day afterward. And truth be told, I'm putting this on Serena Williams. Using the back of the arm had never crossed my mind until that commercial where she does it, and I figured "huh, that might feel better." SERENA WILLIAMS PLAYED ME.
She absolutely did!! 😉

Really glad that's behind you now!! At least you gave it a shot & know it's not happening again!!
 
randompersonrandom said:

Ruckus4519 said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
Yeah, that did the trick — thanks. No marks showed up, only some serious tenderness that stuck around for about a day afterward. And truth be told, I'm putting this on Serena Williams. Using the back of the arm had never crossed my mind until that commercial where she does it, and I figured "huh, that might feel better." SERENA WILLIAMS PLAYED ME.
I'm not sure what specifically you're talking about, but Serena Williams' husband has put a lot of money into the RO company she promotes.
In a commercial, she injected the back of her arm and didn't instantly lose her smile while shouting "ow fuck, that HURT!" I feel betrayed.
Her arms have to be pure muscle, right? No way that wouldn't cause her pain!! Unless they used a trick needle that collapses for show, haha
 
Ouch. That sounds awful. Is it just me who actually enjoys needles? Ink work... intramuscular shots... having blood taken... injecting myself with Chinese powders... Could the hypermobility be a sign of EDS? Every person who has ever attempted an IV or drawn my blood tells me I have "thick skin," so perhaps the reason I don't bruise is that my skin closes up tightly after a shot, whereas OP's might not? Maybe it really comes down to how thick someone's skin is?
 
Hambocommando said:

Ouch. That sounds awful. Is it just me who actually enjoys needles? Ink work... intramuscular shots... having blood taken... injecting myself with Chinese powders... Could the hypermobility be a sign of EDS? Every person who has ever attempted an IV or drawn my blood tells me I have "thick skin," so perhaps the reason I don't bruise is that my skin closes up tightly after a shot, whereas OP's might not? Maybe it really comes down to how thick someone's skin is?
Back in your childhood, were needles something you either enjoyed or simply didn't bother you? I figure each person's pain threshold and sensitivities differ, right? Or perhaps it's because whoever gave you shots always had a skilled touch, so you never built up any anxiety about it? That's really fortunate!! 🙂

Honestly, I've been wondering about that too (from what I understand, these days only genetic testing can identify it, and beyond PT, being extra cautious, and similar measures, there isn't much to be done regardless). Not 1 doctor ever brought it up, yet I've got all sorts of odd symptoms going on. That hyper-mobility assessment I came across online — the 1 with 9 points to check — and I hit 9 out of 9.
 
WLBLD said:

Hambocommando said:

Ouch. That sounds awful. Is it just me who actually enjoys needles? Ink work... intramuscular shots... having blood taken... injecting myself with Chinese powders... Could the hypermobility be a sign of EDS? Every person who has ever attempted an IV or drawn my blood tells me I have "thick skin," so perhaps the reason I don't bruise is that my skin closes up tightly after a shot, whereas OP's might not? Maybe it really comes down to how thick someone's skin is?
Back in your childhood, were needles something you either enjoyed or simply didn't bother you? I figure each person's pain threshold and sensitivities differ, right? Or perhaps it's because whoever gave you shots always had a skilled touch, so you never built up any anxiety about it? That's really fortunate!! 🙂

Honestly, I've been wondering about that too (from what I understand, these days only genetic testing can identify it, and beyond PT, being extra cautious, and similar measures, there isn't much to be done regardless). Not 1 doctor ever brought it up, yet I've got all sorts of odd symptoms going on. That hyper-mobility assessment I came across online — the 1 with 9 points to check — and I hit 9 out of 9.
😀 Honestly, I figure it's just something I've adapted to over time. When whoever's doing the stick is having an off day, it can take them 6 or more attempts just to land an IV. My personal worst was a PA who jabbed me 15 times until the charge nurse noticed and stepped in. Sounds like you and I sit at completely different ends of this.

Maybe I missed it, but has icing before the shot ever come up for you? In theory, cold would make your blood vessels tighten up, which could cut down on the bruising and bleeding.
 
Hambocommando said:

WLBLD said:

Hambocommando said:

Ouch. That sounds awful. Is it just me who actually enjoys needles? Ink work... intramuscular shots... having blood taken... injecting myself with Chinese powders... Could the hypermobility be a sign of EDS? Every person who has ever attempted an IV or drawn my blood tells me I have "thick skin," so perhaps the reason I don't bruise is that my skin closes up tightly after a shot, whereas OP's might not? Maybe it really comes down to how thick someone's skin is?
Back in your childhood, were needles something you either enjoyed or simply didn't bother you? I figure each person's pain threshold and sensitivities differ, right? Or perhaps it's because whoever gave you shots always had a skilled touch, so you never built up any anxiety about it? That's really fortunate!! 🙂

Honestly, I've been wondering about that too (from what I understand, these days only genetic testing can identify it, and beyond PT, being extra cautious, and similar measures, there isn't much to be done regardless). Not 1 doctor ever brought it up, yet I've got all sorts of odd symptoms going on. That hyper-mobility assessment I came across online — the 1 with 9 points to check — and I hit 9 out of 9.
😀 Honestly, I figure it's just something I've adapted to over time. When whoever's doing the stick is having an off day, it can take them 6 or more attempts just to land an IV. My personal worst was a PA who jabbed me 15 times until the charge nurse noticed and stepped in. Sounds like you and I sit at completely different ends of this.

Maybe I missed it, but has icing before the shot ever come up for you? In theory, cold would make your blood vessels tighten up, which could cut down on the bruising and bleeding.
15 times, seriously? That sounds like someone brand new on the job!! Yikes!! My veins are easy to hit, so that isn't the issue for me. I did settle on a favorite spot for blood draws, though sadly that phlebotomist has moved on. He was fantastic!! A really big, tall, muscular dude who came across as unfriendly at first (that changed once I kept coming back and won him over with genuine compliments). A perfect case of not judging by appearances, since I had assumed he'd be the roughest one.

My routine goes lidocane, ice, lidocane once more, and extra ice, ha ha. Then I put headphones on with calming music, turn my head away, and let my mind drift elsewhere. Given how tiny and thin the needle is, yet I still bleed and bruise, I figure there has to be another explanation, ha ha.
 
CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.
I'm so grateful, truly, truly grateful!! Today I raised it to 12u, used the lower belly, and there was zero sensation (yes, I iced and used lidocane beforehand), but no bleeding, no bruising, and I felt nothing at all. Thanks for talking me into it!! 🙂
 
Back
Top