Volume

If a 4 mm noodle plus 5 units is enough to leave a bruise, I'd be worried about how your blood clots. Going by that, coughing, sneezing, or using the bathroom would have you popping vessels in your eyes and bleeding from the nose every time.

Is there anything you take that works against clotting? I don't mean only aspirin. Vitamin E, ginger, garlic, turmeric, valerian root…….there are so many herbs and supplements……. Before a minor procedure I had to quit turmeric for two weeks. And for a colonoscopy, one week ahead.
 
DunningKruger said:

Might be a really basic question, but when you inject, are you doing it somewhere with good lighting and a mirror, so the blood vessels are visible? For me, having decent light plus a mirror made my technique better, and I end up hitting veins much less. Another important thing: push the plunger down slowly.
Yep, thanks. I do pinch, though my husband is the one who injects me.
 
Grogu said:

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Honestly, whether I pin my stomach or my thighs, I can't tell any difference in how the medication works or in side effects. These days it's extremely uncommon for me to bruise or bleed at the injection site. That was something that mainly happened early on.

When my stomach is the target, I check the area first so I don't go into a stretch mark. I don't know whether you've got any of those. Mine are only on my stomach, none on my thighs. Either way, I avoid them.

Something that has shifted for me over time: I've grown to prefer a quick jab. Rather than sitting there thinking about the needle entering, I simply get it done. A bit of forward momentum, I've found, makes it easier for the needle to break the skin, which means less pain and fewer reactions where I inject.
Was there a particular spot where bleeding happened more for you? I can't figure out the reason, but to me 10units feels different from 5units

Yeah, sadly stretch marks are present on my thighs and stomach as well

Before all this, did needles make you anxious or were you not a fan of them, and now you actually enjoy doing it? Also, what does forward motion refer to? Thanks so much!! 🙂
 
latviantower said:

If a 4 mm noodle plus 5 units is enough to leave a bruise, I'd be worried about how your blood clots. Going by that, coughing, sneezing, or using the bathroom would have you popping vessels in your eyes and bleeding from the nose every time.

Is there anything you take that works against clotting? I don't mean only aspirin. Vitamin E, ginger, garlic, turmeric, valerian root…….there are so many herbs and supplements……. Before a minor procedure I had to quit turmeric for two weeks. And for a colonoscopy, one week ahead.
My doctor ran a full blood panel on me. There's a black-and-blue mark on my upper back, beneath my shoulder, that's been there for several years and I have no memory of how it appeared. I only found out because my husband noticed it. They tested for everything, hemophilia included, and I even saw a Dermatologist who did a punch biopsy — still nothing. 2-3 years on, it hasn't gone away.

Bloody noses? Never. Blood clots in my eyes? Never either. I genuinely have no idea, and doctors always find me puzzling, ha ha.

Absolutely nothing. The food we cook at home has garlic & ginger in it, but supplement-wise I take magnesium and that's it. Has this ever happened to you?
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.
My legs must either have super thin skin or a ton of capillaries, ha ha. Every single time I get a bit of bleeding, and after doing the 10 there's now a really dark bruise, though it isn't all that large.

The stomach is what my friends use, and according to them there's no pain. As for me, the most sensitive area on my whole body is the back of my arms. Any time someone grabs me there it realllyyyy hurts, so I doubt I'll give that spot a try. Fingers crossed it goes great for you with zero pain. Tell us how it turns out 🙂
 
randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
 
WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
 
Women tend to bruise more readily than men — I'm not certain why. Could it be estrogen and fragile capillaries?

I used to get a lot of bruises. Eventually I figured out that slowing down my injections helped, though at the time I was also on low dose aspirin. That continued until the aspirin gave me gastric ulcers that bled, which pushed my iron down to not much. With clopidogrel it doesn't appear to occur, but these days I inject slowly anyway.

From what I've experienced, the stomach is clearly the least painful spot. Research does show small variations in how quickly things are absorbed when comparing stomach, thighs, and arms, but in real life it makes little difference.
 
randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.
 
CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
 
CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.
Wait, that's news to me. Wouldn't more nerves mean it should hurt more?
 
randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
 
When I first began using compounded tirz, the paperwork listed several choices, and I foolishly figured the thigh would hurt the least. That was a rough lesson! Lol the stomach is the simplest spot, and frequently I feel nothing at all. Every SQ injection goes there for me, with the exception of anything containing GHK-Cu.

For IM, though, the thigh works great — specifically the outer third, midway above the knee, right in the middle of the quadriceps muscle. After you push past the panic that makes you want to hyperventilate, hold your breath, or faint while sinking a 1” needle all the way in, you figure out that it's only pressure you're feeling, not real pain. Nothing lingers afterward, completely different from GLOW or KLOW done SQ, where my upper thigh stays sore for 24 hours.
 
WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
 
WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
Ever had ink done on the back of the arm? Gripping the chair makes for a decent winch, and that spot stays tender.
 
latviantower said:

When I first began using compounded tirz, the paperwork listed several choices, and I foolishly figured the thigh would hurt the least. That was a rough lesson! Lol the stomach is the simplest spot, and frequently I feel nothing at all. Every SQ injection goes there for me, with the exception of anything containing GHK-Cu.

For IM, though, the thigh works great — specifically the outer third, midway above the knee, right in the middle of the quadriceps muscle. After you push past the panic that makes you want to hyperventilate, hold your breath, or faint while sinking a 1” needle all the way in, you figure out that it's only pressure you're feeling, not real pain. Nothing lingers afterward, completely different from GLOW or KLOW done SQ, where my upper thigh stays sore for 24 hours.
This week I'm giving my stomach a shot. My thigh has gotten uglier — the bruise isn't huge, but it's darker and larger than the last one. That came from the 10, and since I'm repeating that dose this week, I should pick a spot that won't leave me looking like I lost a fight, ha ha

My routine: lidocane first, then ice, then headphones on with soothing music while I distract myself with other thoughts as he injects me, ha ha.

1" — those seem way scarier!! Everyone raves about GLOW KLOW GHK-cu, but I'm not brave enough for anything that intense yet!!
 
randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
The soreness is still there, which is unexpected. Honestly, I have no idea—this was my first time injecting into that spot. There's no way it reached muscle, because the tiny clip holds the skin, the needle is 5mm, and my arms still have enough fat on them. But it seems that location simply doesn't work well for me at all.
How is it feeling now — any improvement? I'm curious whether the clip's pinching left you with bruises. That took a lot of courage on your part!! 🙂
 
BNLFL said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

CNCCurrency said:

randompersonrandom said:

WLBLD said:

randompersonrandom said:

randompersonrandom said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

WLBLD said:

I went with 1ml for every 10mg, figuring that would keep the amount low. At 5units, which I began at .5mg, there's no problem. But once I hit 10units (1mg), I end up with pain, a bruise, and bleeding. The needles are 32g 4mm, so they're really small and fine. There were 3 of us injecting at the same times. Every single time, it's only me.

I used to think I was just squeamish about needles, but now I'm wondering if it's my skin (I'm also very hyper mobile and bruise easily). That's probably the reason I dislike needles so much.

Has anyone tried using less liquid? I'm not sure what I'll do once I increase the dose, since bruising is already happening. About 30min before, I do use lidocaine plus ice.

Is anyone else dealing with this same issue?
You could give 34g insulin pen needles a shot — locating them takes a bit more effort, though they aren't exactly rare, and the price tends to run a touch higher. That's what I use, and the prick doesn't register at all. Considering you're using a numbing solution, I doubt you'd notice them either.

If not, maybe it comes down to thickening your milkshake with a bit of concrete — give it a stir with a straw and sip to see whether that assists in toughening you up.

That last part was a joke, obviously. Maybe consider every child out there with type 1 diabetes who injects on a regular basis — if they can manage it, I'm confident grown adults can handle a tiny needle.

Nah, bleeding and bruising aren't something to expect. What I was saying is: with KLOW, bruising can happen, but bleeding typically isn't. On top of that:

Sid the SeaGull said:

No worries, mate — it's best to show respect for the crew running the forum. Previously, some members posted in their native tongue. The mods are quite lenient, but certain rules still have to be followed.

Having to translate several languages is a real hassle for the moderators.

Since the forum is based in the US, the simplest way for us to honor the creation of this community resource is to stick to English for everything.

I took a quick look through the forum rules, since the only discussions I've come across regarding language preferences were either people telling vendors to avoid posting in Chinese so they can reach more customers, or a mod stepping in when someone wandered into the Continental Cafe area and was disrupting folks who weren't speaking English. Translating for everyone was a kind gesture, but I don't think posting in Spanish is against the rules.

WLBLD said:

lessthanhalf said:

Do you use blood thinners, aspirin, or any other pain relief medication that could make bleeding worse? Which spot are you using for injections? If you're currently injecting into your thighs or even your upper arm, switching to the stomach might reduce bleeding, since those higher locations tend to have lower venous pressure — though you'd have to take care that the needle goes under the skin and not into muscle. Bruising also happens less when you push the plunger in slowly; I know I used to bruise more until I figured that out.

Bleeding and bruising shouldn't be affected by low iron.

Another option is to press gently and evenly on the injection site for about 2 minutes once you're done.
Right now I'm not on any other medications. Every injection so far has gone into my thighs. One time it was the middle of the right thigh, more toward the front, and that one hurt. This time I went higher up on the outer left thigh. I'm too nervous to try my stomach. I've heard thighs cause fewer side effects and that absorption is slower there — is that true?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have him inject more quickly and then apply pressure afterwards 🙂

Early on I went back and forth with thighs because KLOW stung. The thighs were much worse, so I returned to the lower abdomen. With anything besides klow, I can't even tell when the needle goes in there. That said, I'm planning to pinch the back of my arm with a hair clip and inject there, since someone brought it up before and it sounds neat.

Update: OW, fuck!! Alright, that was rough. For starters, the HAIR CLIP was painful. And so was the needle. Yeah, I'm sticking to the abdomen from now on, forget that.
Sorry that was painful!! I hope it eases up soon!! I can't imagine going through that!! 🙁
For the sake of science, it was worth it. Still, when I did my very first injection in the abdomen — more precisely the lower area, roughly two inches to the left or right of and beneath the navel — I froze for a long moment. My thought was: "Alright, the needle is clearly inside me, yet there's no sensation at all. Oh no, could I have some kind of nerve damage?"
The reason for this: the lower stomach's nerve feelings differ from those elsewhere in the body because they depend on the autonomic nervous system. As a result, what you feel tends to be diffuse, dull, and visceral, not sharp and confined the way skin sensations are.

Right now my arm is killing me — seriously, what was I thinking, injecting KLOW into it just to satisfy my curiosity? It's moments like this that make me wonder whether randompersonrandom is simply too bored for their own good.
I hope today finds you feeling a lot better!! Is sensitivity behind your arms something you usually deal with?
Ever had ink done on the back of the arm? Gripping the chair makes for a decent winch, and that spot stays tender.
I'll pass, thanks!! Yeah, that area is where I'm sorest. I've got a few, just not in that place, ha ha. Fingers crossed it went quickly and the person doing it knew what they were doing!!
 
Back
Top