Vial Rubber Stopper

texas_hawg

Explorer
Joined
May 16, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
I'm fairly new to peps, so I figured I'd ask whether anyone has dealt with the same problem.

I got some peps from a different supplier. Up to now I'd been using a 5/16" needle, but the rubber stopper on this new supplier's vials sits deeper down in the bottle. Getting the needle through the stopper and into the fluid means pushing it in with a lot of force. About half the time the needle bends and I have to begin again.

One idea I had — solution A — is that I've already ordered some 1/2" needles, though I'm curious whether anyone has hit this and come up with a fix. Solution B — I also have a few used/empty vials (same peps), and I was thinking of using my larger reconstitution needle to draw all the liquid out of these pain in the ass vials and then transfer it into the empty vials. Does that approach cause any problems? Thanks in advance
 
Share an image of the stopper. I’ve never come across one that was noticeably thick at the center. Some have “legs” on both sides of the middle, but the center is usually thin.

A 5/16” needle is what I typically use too, and across hundreds of injections this year I haven’t run into any problems.
 
With a recent order I got, I've run into the same thing — getting the peptide out means forcing the needle in, and that's true even with 8mm, which is a real hassle!

Here's what the caps on my latest vials look like:





bf61dafeba54cd611102ee2ea0da66d9d8f15ebbadce263a3f4d285269b2684c.webp
 
Have you confirmed that the needle goes through the inner circle of the vial stopper?

Below is an image showing the underside of a vial stopper. It can differ depending on the brand, but the issue becomes clear when the injection isn’t placed in the correct spot.

4f1d62cca1d78dc402bf12b716a8fab08b0d4f81cbaa63297f3b980fb7211334.webp
 
woundcarping said:

Share an image of the stopper. I’ve never come across one that was noticeably thick at the center. Some have “legs” on both sides of the middle, but the center is usually thin.

A 5/16” needle is what I typically use too, and across hundreds of injections this year I haven’t run into any problems.
The stopper on this one is the legs type. My earlier vials, as far as I can tell, weren't built that way. It's possible I'm missing the center mass. Tomorrow morning when I draw out, I'll take a closer look. Appreciate you bringing this up.
 
Grogu said:

Have you confirmed that the needle goes through the inner circle of the vial stopper?

Below is an image showing the underside of a vial stopper. It can differ depending on the brand, but the issue becomes clear when the injection isn’t placed in the correct spot.

View attachment 11517
I figured I was aiming for the middle, though perhaps that isn't the case. Like woundcarping said, this one is the "legs" style stopper. Tomorrow morning I'll watch more carefully. Appreciate it
 
texas_hawg said:

woundcarping said:

Share an image of the stopper. I’ve never come across one that was noticeably thick at the center. Some have “legs” on both sides of the middle, but the center is usually thin.

A 5/16” needle is what I typically use too, and across hundreds of injections this year I haven’t run into any problems.
The stopper on this one is the legs type. My earlier vials, as far as I can tell, weren't built that way. It's possible I'm missing the center mass. Tomorrow morning when I draw out, I'll take a closer look. Appreciate you bringing this up.

If you turn the vial, the spot where the legs meet—the “crotch”—becomes visible. From what I’ve observed, a 5/16” needle can’t reach beyond the legs.
 
woundcarping said:

texas_hawg said:

woundcarping said:

Share an image of the stopper. I’ve never come across one that was noticeably thick at the center. Some have “legs” on both sides of the middle, but the center is usually thin.

A 5/16” needle is what I typically use too, and across hundreds of injections this year I haven’t run into any problems.
The stopper on this one is the legs type. My earlier vials, as far as I can tell, weren't built that way. It's possible I'm missing the center mass. Tomorrow morning when I draw out, I'll take a closer look. Appreciate you bringing this up.

If you turn the vial, the spot where the legs meet—the “crotch”—becomes visible. From what I’ve observed, a 5/16” needle can’t reach beyond the legs.
Poking into the "legs" by mistake happens without much difficulty, and the needle gets dull fast because of it. When I can't pull any fluid, I typically throw that syringe away and grab a fresh one.
 
One of my peptides had the same problem: the stopper's legs were unusually thick, leaving only a tiny channel to aim for. I ended up bending a lot of needles. After buying one of these on Etsy, I now land in the center every single time. Drawing is also much simpler for my hands now.
 
texas_hawg said:

I'm fairly new to peps, so I figured I'd ask whether anyone has dealt with the same problem.

I got some peps from a different supplier. Up to now I'd been using a 5/16" needle, but the rubber stopper on this new supplier's vials sits deeper down in the bottle. Getting the needle through the stopper and into the fluid means pushing it in with a lot of force. About half the time the needle bends and I have to begin again.

One idea I had — solution A — is that I've already ordered some 1/2" needles, though I'm curious whether anyone has hit this and come up with a fix. Solution B — I also have a few used/empty vials (same peps), and I was thinking of using my larger reconstitution needle to draw all the liquid out of these pain in the ass vials and then transfer it into the empty vials. Does that approach cause any problems? Thanks in advance

I should have brought this up earlier — option B is a genuinely poor choice. Once a vial has been used, it needs to go in the trash. The chance of picking up an infection from contamination just isn't worth taking. If someone insisted on going that route, starting with a fresh sterile vial would be somewhat better, though it still carries some level of risk.

On a separate note, which gauge are you drawing with? A larger number means a thinner needle. At 31 gauge, needles are quite thin, which likely makes it more important to land right on the sweet spot of the vial's rubber top.
 
GrandmaJ said:

One of my peptides had the same problem: the stopper's legs were unusually thick, leaving only a tiny channel to aim for. I ended up bending a lot of needles. After buying one of these on Etsy, I now land in the center every single time. Drawing is also much simpler for my hands now.
Looks like yet another add-on I'll have to pick up. Appreciate you sharing the photo.
 
Grogu said:

Have you confirmed that the needle goes through the inner circle of the vial stopper?

Below is an image showing the underside of a vial stopper. It can differ depending on the brand, but the issue becomes clear when the injection isn’t placed in the correct spot.

View attachment 11517
That's the right response. I figured this out a while back. It really takes the edge off the needle, particularly the 31g.
 
Grogu said:

texas_hawg said:

I'm fairly new to peps, so I figured I'd ask whether anyone has dealt with the same problem.

I got some peps from a different supplier. Up to now I'd been using a 5/16" needle, but the rubber stopper on this new supplier's vials sits deeper down in the bottle. Getting the needle through the stopper and into the fluid means pushing it in with a lot of force. About half the time the needle bends and I have to begin again.

One idea I had — solution A — is that I've already ordered some 1/2" needles, though I'm curious whether anyone has hit this and come up with a fix. Solution B — I also have a few used/empty vials (same peps), and I was thinking of using my larger reconstitution needle to draw all the liquid out of these pain in the ass vials and then transfer it into the empty vials. Does that approach cause any problems? Thanks in advance

I should have brought this up earlier — option B is a genuinely poor choice. Once a vial has been used, it needs to go in the trash. The chance of picking up an infection from contamination just isn't worth taking. If someone insisted on going that route, starting with a fresh sterile vial would be somewhat better, though it still carries some level of risk.

On a separate note, which gauge are you drawing with? A larger number means a thinner needle. At 31 gauge, needles are quite thin, which likely makes it more important to land right on the sweet spot of the vial's rubber top.

Appreciate the info.

I use 30 gauge.
 
There’s one particular product from my supplier that keeps giving me trouble. With every T30 vial, centering the needle is a struggle, so I frequently end up puncturing off to the side. My solution was to 3D print a custom cap featuring a tiny central hole, and that has made a huge difference.

What’s odd is that all my other orders from this same supplier arrive in flawless condition. The problem is exclusively with the T30 bottles.
 
woundcarping said:

texas_hawg said:

woundcarping said:

Share an image of the stopper. I’ve never come across one that was noticeably thick at the center. Some have “legs” on both sides of the middle, but the center is usually thin.

A 5/16” needle is what I typically use too, and across hundreds of injections this year I haven’t run into any problems.
The stopper on this one is the legs type. My earlier vials, as far as I can tell, weren't built that way. It's possible I'm missing the center mass. Tomorrow morning when I draw out, I'll take a closer look. Appreciate you bringing this up.

If you turn the vial, the spot where the legs meet—the “crotch”—becomes visible. From what I’ve observed, a 5/16” needle can’t reach beyond the legs.
🤣🤣🤣 That really brightened my day!
 
GrandmaJ said:

One of my peptides had the same problem: the stopper's legs were unusually thick, leaving only a tiny channel to aim for. I ended up bending a lot of needles. After buying one of these on Etsy, I now land in the center every single time. Drawing is also much simpler for my hands now.
That's a neat little tool. Any chance you could share the link to the 3D file?
 
Pep_Hobbyist said:

GrandmaJ said:

One of my peptides had the same problem: the stopper's legs were unusually thick, leaving only a tiny channel to aim for. I ended up bending a lot of needles. After buying one of these on Etsy, I now land in the center every single time. Drawing is also much simpler for my hands now.
That's a neat little tool. Any chance you could share the link to the 3D file?
I got mine from Etsy, already printed, so I don't have the file. It cost less than $10.
 
Some needle brands are noticeably better than others, in my experience. Easy Touch has been the top option I've come across, though it looks like Amazon doesn't carry them anymore. With the most recent batch I picked up, they'll bend from the slightest wrong glance.
 
Pep_Hobbyist said:

GrandmaJ said:

One of my peptides had the same problem: the stopper's legs were unusually thick, leaving only a tiny channel to aim for. I ended up bending a lot of needles. After buying one of these on Etsy, I now land in the center every single time. Drawing is also much simpler for my hands now.
That's a neat little tool. Any chance you could share the link to the 3D file?
It isn't identical, but this option does the job nicely: https://na01.safelinks.protection.o...gX0ZGUjjYu7goTQjWYeRd8CT37LVLNayg=&reserved=0
 
whimsps said:

Pep_Hobbyist said:

GrandmaJ said:

One of my peptides had the same problem: the stopper's legs were unusually thick, leaving only a tiny channel to aim for. I ended up bending a lot of needles. After buying one of these on Etsy, I now land in the center every single time. Drawing is also much simpler for my hands now.
That's a neat little tool. Any chance you could share the link to the 3D file?
It isn't identical, but this option does the job nicely: https://na01.safelinks.protection.o...gX0ZGUjjYu7goTQjWYeRd8CT37LVLNayg=&reserved=0
Exactly what I needed!🤓

Looks like I've got a print lined up for this evening. Appreciate it!
 
Back
Top