Vial Durability for the Long Haul

Tirzmonkey

Explorer
Joined
May 16, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Dover De USA
I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?
 
Tirzmonkey said:

I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?
Just found a brand new thing to be scared about 😱
 
That's pretty far down my list of concerns. Those who keep compounds suspended in oil face bigger issues, yet this topic rarely gets brought up.
 
For storage over the longer haul, my plan is a vacuum container paired with desiccant.

Inside a freezer, light degradation isn’t a real concern, and there are no high temperatures to age the rubber… it’s something I’ve considered, but I haven’t come across much cause for worry.
 
Tirzmonkey said:

I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?

9cdbcebfc806185ac41259eac551e77132beb92c8def5d039fe43c2fe62aad5c.gif
 
Tirzmonkey said:

I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?

lol quit planting suggestions in the heads of the peptide folks, they're already terrified about how fast they add water to their vials, or convinced there's some enchanted day count that, once passed, instantly flips their peptide from 100% potency to 0%. I've even seen posts from people who won't shake peptides to blend them, scared they'll smash the peptide bonds apart with sheer muscle
 
wildweasel said:

Tirzmonkey said:

I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?

lol quit planting suggestions in the heads of the peptide folks, they're already terrified about how fast they add water to their vials, or convinced there's some enchanted day count that, once passed, instantly flips their peptide from 100% potency to 0%. I've even seen posts from people who won't shake peptides to blend them, scared they'll smash the peptide bonds apart with sheer muscle
Like Al would put it, this is going to rile up all the hoople heads! Yep, I was a Deadwood fan
 
wildweasel said:

Tirzmonkey said:

I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?

lol quit planting suggestions in the heads of the peptide folks, they're already terrified about how fast they add water to their vials, or convinced there's some enchanted day count that, once passed, instantly flips their peptide from 100% potency to 0%. I've even seen posts from people who won't shake peptides to blend them, scared they'll smash the peptide bonds apart with sheer muscle
Well damn. Just don't overdo it with the stuff either.
 
CNCCurrency said:

wildweasel said:

Tirzmonkey said:

I’ve now got myself a chest freezer that’s manual—no auto defrost—plus enough Tirz to cover 4 years. One thought hit me, and maybe I’m overthinking it, but I’ll put it out there anyway.

According to what Janoshik has said, GLP1s kept in a freezer ought to hold up for years—he even floated decades. But what about the vials themselves staying intact, especially the rubber stoppers? Is it possible that our stockpiling approaches are overlooking a key issue? Should the stoppers break down, the whole effort would be pointless.

I realize again this might be me overthinking, but I’d like to hear what you all think?

lol quit planting suggestions in the heads of the peptide folks, they're already terrified about how fast they add water to their vials, or convinced there's some enchanted day count that, once passed, instantly flips their peptide from 100% potency to 0%. I've even seen posts from people who won't shake peptides to blend them, scared they'll smash the peptide bonds apart with sheer muscle
Like Al would put it, this is going to rile up all the hoople heads! Yep, I was a Deadwood fan
That show was fantastic.
 
Back
Top