Venous insufficiency

Slaine

Explorer
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
Greece
Has anybody here tried a peptide for venous insufficiency and seen real, meaningful improvement?

My own thought was that klow might be of benefit. Anyone have ideas?

(Of course high glucose, insulin resistance, diabetes, genes and weight are major factors, so whatever helps with those is helpful too)
 
KLOW contains several components that trigger angiogenesis, which in theory ought to support better venous flow — though I'm not aware of any confirmation of this in humans.
 
BrightCandle said:

KLOW contains several components that trigger angiogenesis, which in theory ought to support better venous flow — though I'm not aware of any confirmation of this in humans.

Nope, same here. My main hope was whether veins or valves that are already "lose" could improve at all.
 
Slaine said:


(Obviously high glucose/insulin resistance/diabetes/genes/weight play a huge part so anything that helps these is also good)

Click to expand...

Am I right in thinking a GLP1 is already part of your routine?

When it comes to venous insufficiency itself, I have nothing hands-on that would be of use to you.
 
woundcarping said:

Am I right in thinking a GLP1 is already part of your routine?

When it comes to venous insufficiency itself, I have nothing hands-on that would be of use to you.
This question is about my mom, who deals with a serious case. At the moment she takes no peptides at all, and my hope is to persuade her to try some, reta among them.
 
My feet and ankles used to swell. I was taking 2.5 mg/week of tirzepatide for unrelated reasons. Within under two weeks, the swelling was completely gone. A year has passed since then, and it has not come back at all.
 
Slaine said:

This question is about my mom, who deals with a serious case. At the moment she takes no peptides at all, and my hope is to persuade her to try some, reta among them.

Ah. When it comes to peptides in this area, Sema, Tirs, and Reta rank among the most thoroughly studied, and at a surface level they're pretty well understood by most people. If she's carrying extra weight and dealing with glucose issues, that looks like the clear place to begin if the goal is to get things moving in a better direction.
 
Slaine said:


Has anyone used any peptide for venous insufficiency and had significant improvement?

I was thinking klow would help. Any suggestions?

(Obviously high glucose/insulin resistance/diabetes/genes/weight play a huge part so anything that helps these is also good)

Click to expand...
Not a doctor here, and nothing I say should be taken as medical advice.

Blood vessels get widened and relaxed by VIP, which also loosens up smooth muscle. Circulation ought to improve as a result. Keep the dosages really low, though. 5mcg twice a day is all I can handle, while my gf runs 10mcg. Watch out as well, since an excess can send your blood pressure plunging fast.
 
AlexSilver said:

Not a doctor here, and nothing I say should be taken as medical advice.

Blood vessels get widened and relaxed by VIP, which also loosens up smooth muscle. Circulation ought to improve as a result. Keep the dosages really low, though. 5mcg twice a day is all I can handle, while my gf runs 10mcg. Watch out as well, since an excess can send your blood pressure plunging fast.
Appreciate it, I'll check that out. 🙂
 
woundcarping said:

Ah. When it comes to peptides in this area, Sema, Tirs, and Reta rank among the most thoroughly studied, and at a surface level they're pretty well understood by most people. If she's carrying extra weight and dealing with glucose issues, that looks like the clear place to begin if the goal is to get things moving in a better direction.
Yeah, I'm aware. She carries some extra weight, though it's not a major issue, and her labs aren't bad either — just not optimal. She went through laser treatment, but the condition keeps creeping in the wrong direction, so I'm trying to figure out how I can help her. Thank you!
 
Slaine said:

Appreciate it, I'll check that out. 🙂

On top of that — has Tadalifil ever been given a try by her?

Tadalafil acts across the whole system: it widens blood vessels and boosts blood flow everywhere in the body. And yes, it is effective for both men and women.
 
Beyond medication, there is a natural mechanism that assists in moving blood back to the heart and reducing the load on the veins: the repeated contraction of muscles. Things like cycling or walking fall into this category. This isn't just something I read about; it matches what I have personally observed. When I sit for extended periods, my ankles swell up. Once I move around enough, the swelling subsides.

@AlexSilver: when it comes to venous insufficiency, dilation of the vessels is not the goal. In fact, venous dilation is either a contributing factor or a manifestation of the condition.
 
Slaine said:

This question is about my mom, who deals with a serious case. At the moment she takes no peptides at all, and my hope is to persuade her to try some, reta among them.

For anyone dealing with extra weight or problems controlling glucose, a GLP-1 makes sense as the logical first step, since losing weight brings along so many positive "side benefits."

Reta works well, though it could bring on a new sleep problem. If heart or sleep problems are already present, more research is warranted.
 
Enyola said:

Beyond medication, there is a natural mechanism that assists in moving blood back to the heart and reducing the load on the veins: the repeated contraction of muscles. Things like cycling or walking fall into this category. This isn't just something I read about; it matches what I have personally observed. When I sit for extended periods, my ankles swell up. Once I move around enough, the swelling subsides.

@AlexSilver: when it comes to venous insufficiency, dilation of the vessels is not the goal. In fact, venous dilation is either a contributing factor or a manifestation of the condition.
She keeps herself quite busy with physical activity — sea swimming throughout every season, and so on. That being the case, I'd say the movement side of things is already pretty solid 🙂
 
Just A Cat said:

For anyone dealing with extra weight or problems controlling glucose, a GLP-1 makes sense as the logical first step, since losing weight brings along so many positive "side benefits."

Reta works well, though it could bring on a new sleep problem. If heart or sleep problems are already present, more research is warranted.
She sleeps like a log 😅. So my guess is that she's okay. We'll probably give it a go and find out 🙂
 
Back
Top