Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP) — nobody has brought it up yet

Hotlongs

Explorer
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
I'm wondering whether anyone here has given it a try. My gastrointestinal problems are awful, so I'd like to know what kind of effect it had for others.

It's said to boost blood circulation in the gut. The sole post I came across elsewhere was

The first time I researched VIP I experienced an elevated heart-rate and flushing. I was a bit alarmed at first, that got out my blood pressure monitor - but was fine. The half-life is really short so I dose it morning/afternoon and again at night. It does not make me tired at all, but I have the MOST restful deep sleep when using this. Joint pain greatly reduced. I’m prone to headaches and migraines but have not experienced those side effects.

Click to expand...
 
Hotlongs said:

I'm wondering whether anyone here has given it a try. My gastrointestinal problems are awful, so I'd like to know what kind of effect it had for others.

It's said to boost blood circulation in the gut. The sole post I came across elsewhere was

The first time I researched VIP I experienced an elevated heart-rate and flushing. I was a bit alarmed at first, that got out my blood pressure monitor - but was fine. The half-life is really short so I dose it morning/afternoon and again at night. It does not make me tired at all, but I have the MOST restful deep sleep when using this. Joint pain greatly reduced. I’m prone to headaches and migraines but have not experienced those side effects.

Click to expand...
It seems like many people in this community use the wolverine blend, glow, and klow for gut support. Alternatively, bpc 157 by itself, which stays active in the body longer.
 
Building on what @CNCCurrency said, oral BPC could be worth trying. Based on what I've come across, taking it that way seems to act more on the gut.
 
I've been on oral BPC for 3 days now, dosing 500mcg in the morning plus 500mcg in the evening. So far, I can't really notice any effects from it.
 
Hotlongs said:

I've been on oral BPC for 3 days now, dosing 500mcg in the morning plus 500mcg in the evening. So far, I can't really notice any effects from it.

KPV is worth looking into. It was created with gut problems in mind, and as a side effect it also clears out candida infections and similar issues.

VIP works by relaxing blood vessels, which boosts blood flow throughout the body. Take it cautiously — too large a dose can make your blood pressure fall to unsafe levels.
 
I came across information saying it works wonders for asthma. It's among the peptides I want to experiment with, but every time I go to place an order, something else ends up coming first.
 
I've come across people who take VIP following mold exposure, yet I haven't noticed any threads discussing other advantages. It's certainly intriguing.
 
KPV works well for gut problems, IBS included. I've got some VIP headed my way, though I haven't looked into it at all so far.
 
AlexSilver said:

Hotlongs said:

I've been on oral BPC for 3 days now, dosing 500mcg in the morning plus 500mcg in the evening. So far, I can't really notice any effects from it.

KPV is worth looking into. It was created with gut problems in mind, and as a side effect it also clears out candida infections and similar issues.

VIP works by relaxing blood vessels, which boosts blood flow throughout the body. Take it cautiously — too large a dose can make your blood pressure fall to unsafe levels.
That was exactly what worried me. I've been getting POTS-like symptoms that flare up and then fade. Making that any worse is the last thing I want.

For gut treatment, is it taken as a subq or an oral compund?
 
Coulter1966 said:

I've come across people who take VIP following mold exposure, yet I haven't noticed any threads discussing other advantages. It's certainly intriguing.

I've attached an Internet puff piece about VIP — supposedly your fix-all. It's also inexpensive: roughly $10 per 5-mg vial, which at a higher daily dose (200 mcg) can stretch nearly a month.

According to what I read in my TG group, when reconstituting VIP you should use the entire 3 mL of Hospira, since that helps stop it from gelling.

VIP's dosing sits on the low end. So my approach will be to go low and slow (subq).

The attachment lists a daily dose of 200 mcg, but I'd begin far lower, as @AlexSilver mentioned above. I've seen starting subq doses as low as 50 mcg, and that's what I intend to do whenever I eventually give VIP a try.





790e01e1c9c372a9b1542eadb18fb50e0bb7ecfd7e756f77117718449cda078c.webp


I'll keep an eye on BP, as @AlexSilver alluded to above.

Comparable words of wisdom from @RubbaDubba1:

VIP, is where I read of a couple cases (Reddit mind you) where there Blood Pressure tanked on them and they had a bad day, where I think one ended up in the ER.

Click to expand...

A recent, related experience from @kimmieko22, where a standard dose proved too high (at least as a starting point):

kimmieko22 said:


I tried vip last night and boy did i goof on the injection amount. Most things I found on a Google search were a dosage oh 200mcg and no direct vein injection. From the first minute I did the injection I could feel the little power dosage. My heart rate jumped to 99 and my face got very flushed. It only last about 10 to 15 minutes though. I will say I woke up less stiff this morning and I tend to retain water in legs due to a lipid system issue i have been trying to correct and it was less noticeable this morning. I am going to half the dosage and try a 100 mcg to see if I have the same reaction.

Click to expand...
 
Hotlongs said:

AlexSilver said:

Hotlongs said:

I've been on oral BPC for 3 days now, dosing 500mcg in the morning plus 500mcg in the evening. So far, I can't really notice any effects from it.

KPV is worth looking into. It was created with gut problems in mind, and as a side effect it also clears out candida infections and similar issues.

VIP works by relaxing blood vessels, which boosts blood flow throughout the body. Take it cautiously — too large a dose can make your blood pressure fall to unsafe levels.
That was exactly what worried me. I've been getting POTS-like symptoms that flare up and then fade. Making that any worse is the last thing I want.

For gut treatment, is it taken as a subq or an oral compund?
As far as VIP goes, I'm not aware of anybody taking it by mouth, since bioavailability is poor that way.

When it comes to BPC and KPV, I'd figure oral capsules are the better route for the GI tract, and taking them on an empty stomach would be ideal. That said, subq should still provide some benefit.

Regarding GBs, the typical price appears to be roughly $60 for 100 capsules of either BPC or KPV, each at 500 mcg. Going straight through China is less expensive, but then there's no 3P testing and shipping will naturally cost more.
 
Calm Logic said:

Coulter1966 said:

I've come across people who take VIP following mold exposure, yet I haven't noticed any threads discussing other advantages. It's certainly intriguing.

I've attached an Internet puff piece about VIP — supposedly your fix-all. It's also inexpensive: roughly $10 per 5-mg vial, which at a higher daily dose (200 mcg) can stretch nearly a month.

According to what I read in my TG group, when reconstituting VIP you should use the entire 3 mL of Hospira, since that helps stop it from gelling.

VIP's dosing sits on the low end. So my approach will be to go low and slow (subq).

The attachment lists a daily dose of 200 mcg, but I'd begin far lower, as @AlexSilver mentioned above. I've seen starting subq doses as low as 50 mcg, and that's what I intend to do whenever I eventually give VIP a try.





View attachment 11694

I'll keep an eye on BP, as @AlexSilver alluded to above.

Comparable words of wisdom from @RubbaDubba1:

VIP, is where I read of a couple cases (Reddit mind you) where there Blood Pressure tanked on them and they had a bad day, where I think one ended up in the ER.

Click to expand...

A recent, related experience from @kimmieko22, where a standard dose proved too high (at least as a starting point):

kimmieko22 said:


I tried vip last night and boy did i goof on the injection amount. Most things I found on a Google search were a dosage oh 200mcg and no direct vein injection. From the first minute I did the injection I could feel the little power dosage. My heart rate jumped to 99 and my face got very flushed. It only last about 10 to 15 minutes though. I will say I woke up less stiff this morning and I tend to retain water in legs due to a lipid system issue i have been trying to correct and it was less noticeable this morning. I am going to half the dosage and try a 100 mcg to see if I have the same reaction.

Click to expand...

Huh. A 5mg vial is bigger than it needs to be. 5mg in 3ml means 20mcg is only 1 unit. Maybe dilute it further?

7d9241c7d200e48b44ab62e240c8890225aad2239f0261b41b08005aef4c77d2.webp
 
AlexSilver said:

Calm Logic said:

Coulter1966 said:

I've come across people who take VIP following mold exposure, yet I haven't noticed any threads discussing other advantages. It's certainly intriguing.

I've attached an Internet puff piece about VIP — supposedly your fix-all. It's also inexpensive: roughly $10 per 5-mg vial, which at a higher daily dose (200 mcg) can stretch nearly a month.

According to what I read in my TG group, when reconstituting VIP you should use the entire 3 mL of Hospira, since that helps stop it from gelling.

VIP's dosing sits on the low end. So my approach will be to go low and slow (subq).

The attachment lists a daily dose of 200 mcg, but I'd begin far lower, as @AlexSilver mentioned above. I've seen starting subq doses as low as 50 mcg, and that's what I intend to do whenever I eventually give VIP a try.





View attachment 11694

I'll keep an eye on BP, as @AlexSilver alluded to above.

Comparable words of wisdom from @RubbaDubba1:

VIP, is where I read of a couple cases (Reddit mind you) where there Blood Pressure tanked on them and they had a bad day, where I think one ended up in the ER.

Click to expand...

A recent, related experience from @kimmieko22, where a standard dose proved too high (at least as a starting point):

kimmieko22 said:


I tried vip last night and boy did i goof on the injection amount. Most things I found on a Google search were a dosage oh 200mcg and no direct vein injection. From the first minute I did the injection I could feel the little power dosage. My heart rate jumped to 99 and my face got very flushed. It only last about 10 to 15 minutes though. I will say I woke up less stiff this morning and I tend to retain water in legs due to a lipid system issue i have been trying to correct and it was less noticeable this morning. I am going to half the dosage and try a 100 mcg to see if I have the same reaction.

Click to expand...

Huh. A 5mg vial is bigger than it needs to be. 5mg in 3ml means 20mcg is only 1 unit. Maybe dilute it further?

View attachment 11695

The commonly cited dose is 200 mcg (0.2 mg), though for me that might be excessive — I'm not certain. There are people who might stay at or below 50 mcg or 100 mcg forever.

That said, based on what you're describing, I realize now that getting started is awkward, for instance at 50 mcg per dose. With a 5 mg vial and 3mL BAC, 50 mcg works out to roughly 3 units (actually 2.5 units):

8a97c6fcdc0db09b88c0c23466defa61404258ab927ec8708d7bfde3bff5058d.webp


So yes, adding more diluent would make it easier. When I said 3 mL, I meant that as the floor to keep it from gelling. Fortunately I have plenty of 10 mL vials, so I'm set, haha.
 
Almost a year now, I've used it intermittently.

240mcg is my ceiling — go beyond that and diarrhea hits right away, since it loosens up the intestines.

Out of all the peptides, this is the 1 that reliably produces a warm flush within a few minutes of dosing, without fail. Perfect for when you're chilly.
 
I'll be beginning VIP shortly and I'm really looking forward to it, though I still haven't decided how I'll take it. From what I've come across, the nasal spray route gets recommended a lot, and on top of that it removes any chance of unintentionally hitting a vein. To be honest, I always figured accidental vein injection wasn't something that could really happen with subq, yet after seeing that caution repeated so often, I'm leaning toward being careful.

If anyone in this thread has given it a try, do you have any input on nasal versus subq?
 
jafarrr61020 said:

I'll be beginning VIP shortly and I'm really looking forward to it, though I still haven't decided how I'll take it. From what I've come across, the nasal spray route gets recommended a lot, and on top of that it removes any chance of unintentionally hitting a vein. To be honest, I always figured accidental vein injection wasn't something that could really happen with subq, yet after seeing that caution repeated so often, I'm leaning toward being careful.

If anyone in this thread has given it a try, do you have any input on nasal versus subq?
As long as your dosing calculations are right, injecting subcutaneously into the abdominal area seems fairly low-risk to me. My personal rule: begin with a small dose and increase gradually.
 
Back
Top