UV-C Sanitizing and Precision Scale for Peptide Research?

jw717us

Explorer
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
With Selank/Semax research now in progress, I picked up some additional equipment. Wondering if others have tried this and what your results were.

1) A UV-C sanitizer to clean the glass nasal spray bottles. Using alcohol for cleaning takes a lot of time. Putting them in a UV-C box for 10-15 [minutes?] seems like it would work better.

2) A precision scale - Every spray bottle claims roughly .1ml per spray. I came across a small scale with .001g accuracy for about $20. Measuring the actual output of the bottles seems worth doing. My plan was to fill with saline and go through a few rounds of spray/measure.

Anyone have guidance or input from their own research?
 
Peppy’s has several solid write-ups covering UV sterilization — they go into wavelength specs, test strips, and similar details. (From what I remember, glass thickness and other glass properties matter, since they change how well UV gets through.) As far as I recall, the main focus there is carts. When it comes to glass nasal sprayers, boiling is what most people do, and I believe that is also what the manufacturer suggests. It takes very little time, is simple, and needs no additional equipment.
 
Back
Top