Uther halts US-bound shipments

Zydeceltico

Explorer
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
OH
Heads up

Uther's TG announcement today: they are pausing shipments into the US for now, because FedEx in Hong Kong is inspecting strictly and will not take white powder. Orders placed today can either be refunded, or you can sit tight until their notice on Monday. No new US orders in the meantime.
 
Peptidedudez said:

Could this end up affecting every vendor operating out of China in some knock-on way?

Uther has looked like one of the most dependable vendors around—maybe even the most dependable—for quite some time, so this situation does make me uneasy about the others.
 
Peptidedudez said:

Could this end up affecting every vendor operating out of China in some knock-on way?
Since most people don't rely on FedEx (or at least not as their main carrier), I figure other vendors won't be affected much. Still, it's a genuine letdown, because Uther ranked among my top choices (resellers included).

Even before this, I'd been posing the question to people around me: how long until Uther might shut down?

Naturally, nobody has an answer or is willing to venture a guess, other than that it won't be soon. Random alphabet soup vendors will keep popping up, sure, but after what happened to SRY, SSA, QSC, etc., getting attached seems tough.
 
Orders are still going out of their U.S. warehouse. If they can't work out a way to ship from China to individual buyers, my guess is they'll build up more stock in that U.S. warehouse.
 
Gohengrin said:

Question: does uther actually cost a lot?

Before this, shipping to the US from them cost $84. Their GLPs ran a little higher than typical, but that shipping fee made ordering from them a no-go for me.
 
Zydeceltico said:

Heads up

Uther's TG announcement today: they are pausing shipments into the US for now, because FedEx in Hong Kong is inspecting strictly and will not take white powder. Orders placed today can either be refunded, or you can sit tight until their notice on Monday. No new US orders in the meantime.

Seems like they're only hurting themselves, in my opinion. There's UPS, there's DHL — plenty of workable alternatives out there. Then again, what do I know 🤷‍♀️
 
Cmoney said:

Zydeceltico said:

Heads up

Uther's TG announcement today: they are pausing shipments into the US for now, because FedEx in Hong Kong is inspecting strictly and will not take white powder. Orders placed today can either be refunded, or you can sit tight until their notice on Monday. No new US orders in the meantime.

Seems like they're only hurting themselves, in my opinion. There's UPS, there's DHL — plenty of workable alternatives out there. Then again, what do I know 🤷‍♀️

From what I've gathered, the way they pick shipping comes down to logistics, the routes available, and staying under the radar during searches. They deliberately send things through alternate channels so the goods actually arrive, sidestepping all the hassles, refunds, and nonsense. The way I see it, this is a dependable outfit that prioritizes getting the product there over grabbing the lowest price—a cheap quote might never show up, and even if it does, the quality could be questionable. Compared to every GB I've ever dealt with, they're far more trustworthy. For me, the shipping cost is justified. Just my two cents. What do I know? 🙂
 
Not sure if this is useful to anyone,

On 2/23/26 I placed an order from China for a bit more than 2lbs of magic fun dust, and as of today Fedex shows the goods sitting in CHINO, CA..
 
DjJoshua said:

Not sure if this is useful to anyone,

On 2/23/26 I placed an order from China for a bit more than 2lbs of magic fun dust, and as of today Fedex shows the goods sitting in CHINO, CA..
Wait, it took more than 11 months for it to arrive?!?! Yikes😉
 
WeezinDaJuice said:


It took you over 11 months to receive?!?! Yikes😉

Click to expand...
my bad, I left out the year ( corrected ) .The package went out this past Friday. and it came from a vendor that isn't Uther
 
DjJoshua said:


sorry forgot to put the year ( fixed ) .It was shipped last Friday. plus this was form a different vendor other then Uther

Click to expand...
I think the month was mistaken. It's still January 🙂
 
For my one offs, I prefer going through a reseller who gets their stock in bulk from them.

Might be worth picking up a few, just in case they run short on supply
 
Peptidedudez said:

Could this end up affecting every vendor operating out of China in some knock-on way?

It seems unlikely that labs located in Northern China—places like Shanghai or Tianjin—would route their shipments via Hong Kong. That makes me wonder if the problem is limited to the southern part of the country.
 
Back
Top