Using retatrutide to stop drinking and other substance use

Bruce Campbell said:

I'm not carrying a huge amount of excess weight that needs to come off, but the alcohol suppression caught me completely off guard once I began — and WOW. Where I used to drink often, these days it's roughly a beer or two each week. For a stretch of a few months, my two roommates and I were putting away a 24 pack every day, and stopping was getting harder since all of us kept egging each other on. Once Reta kicked in, the first two days were like a switch being flipped and the cravings vanished, and truthfully the health gains from that far outweigh what comes from dropping ~30lbs. Now I get to have both benefits at once 🙂

Once I reach my goal weight and start experimenting with maintenance dosing, controlling alcohol cravings is going to be one of the things I aim for.
Bruce, my situation is almost identical! It didn't just wipe out the alcohol cravings — it also removed the urge to demolish a tub of ice cream and a bag of chips afterward!
 
betterathalo said:

this is the thing that worries me most. after losing the weight, i'm confident i can keep up a healthy lifestyle. what scares me is losing the anxiety suppression that reta provides.
That's really interesting — I never considered it working as an anxiety suppressor, but thinking it over, I believe you could be onto something 🤯🤯

I may need to rethink how long I stay on it
 
Beachnwaves98 said:

That's really interesting — I never considered it working as an anxiety suppressor, but thinking it over, I believe you could be onto something 🤯🤯

I may need to rethink how long I stay on it
Just keep taking it indefinitely....that sounds like a simple decision without any drawbacks... 👍
 
Back
Top