Using peptide doses above the "recommended" level

aepower2016

Explorer
Joined
Mar 2, 2026
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Location
New york
Has anyone here gone past what the Internet considers an acceptable peptide dosage?

A lot of the protocols floating around online appear to have their roots in animal studies. That is, naturally, the correct starting point when looking into what a medication or supplement might do. But in plenty of those trials, the animals involved only had mild side effects. So I keep wondering whether a large share of these protocols might be raised, at least for a while, to reach your goals more effectively.

The peptides I always think of in this context are BPC-157 & TB500. Both were made to speed up the body's repair process. If a big repair job is needed, like torn ligaments and muscles, bumping the dosages up would seem logical.

With many of these peptides, the actual ceiling where the benefits are fully maxed out remains unknown. Sure, larger dosages might bring stronger side effects or even entirely new ones, but it really looks like a lot of widely used protocols are due for some refinement.
 
aepower2016 said:

Has anyone here gone past what the Internet considers an acceptable peptide dosage?

A lot of the protocols floating around online appear to have their roots in animal studies. That is, naturally, the correct starting point when looking into what a medication or supplement might do. But in plenty of those trials, the animals involved only had mild side effects. So I keep wondering whether a large share of these protocols might be raised, at least for a while, to reach your goals more effectively.

The peptides I always think of in this context are BPC-157 & TB500. Both were made to speed up the body's repair process. If a big repair job is needed, like torn ligaments and muscles, bumping the dosages up would seem logical.

With many of these peptides, the actual ceiling where the benefits are fully maxed out remains unknown. Sure, larger dosages might bring stronger side effects or even entirely new ones, but it really looks like a lot of widely used protocols are due for some refinement.
This holds only when a larger dose genuinely produces stronger effects. That assumption does not always hold. It is possible that past the maximum advised dose, the response stops scaling proportionally — or stops scaling at all. Worse, it could even cause harm, for instance by pushing the peptide's target axis into overstimulation.

Bodies are not so straightforward. Causes and effects do not line up so neatly. Relying on a naive hunch to justify bigger doses is not something I would do. Try to locate actual data before going down that road.
 
Some molecules participate in a signaling process. Raising the dose is comparable to pressing a doorbell and keeping your finger there, expecting whoever is inside to respond more quickly.
 
As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
 
eidos said:

Some molecules participate in a signaling process. Raising the dose is comparable to pressing a doorbell and keeping your finger there, expecting whoever is inside to respond more quickly.
That might be true, but since human data is scarce or nonexistent, there is no way to tell what level of signaling produces peak effectiveness.
 
tcpnomad said:

aepower2016 said:

Has anyone here gone past what the Internet considers an acceptable peptide dosage?

A lot of the protocols floating around online appear to have their roots in animal studies. That is, naturally, the correct starting point when looking into what a medication or supplement might do. But in plenty of those trials, the animals involved only had mild side effects. So I keep wondering whether a large share of these protocols might be raised, at least for a while, to reach your goals more effectively.

The peptides I always think of in this context are BPC-157 & TB500. Both were made to speed up the body's repair process. If a big repair job is needed, like torn ligaments and muscles, bumping the dosages up would seem logical.

With many of these peptides, the actual ceiling where the benefits are fully maxed out remains unknown. Sure, larger dosages might bring stronger side effects or even entirely new ones, but it really looks like a lot of widely used protocols are due for some refinement.
This holds only when a larger dose genuinely produces stronger effects. That assumption does not always hold. It is possible that past the maximum advised dose, the response stops scaling proportionally — or stops scaling at all. Worse, it could even cause harm, for instance by pushing the peptide's target axis into overstimulation.

Bodies are not so straightforward. Causes and effects do not line up so neatly. Relying on a naive hunch to justify bigger doses is not something I would do. Try to locate actual data before going down that road.
For a lot of these peptides, that remains the million dollar question with no answer yet. Whether larger doses will translate into improved results is something we just don't know. Because of that, calling a dosage increase "bad" isn't something we can automatically do. It will absolutely carry greater risk and can be irresponsible at times, but without solid human data, the answer simply isn't available. When there's no clear information on what even counts as a proper range for humans, who can claim that nudging your dose of a particular peptide upward by a little is dangerous? If we're already using peps that lack real human studies, hasn't some level of risk already been accepted? The majority of protocols found online are essentially hypothetical thresholds that do produce good outcomes, sure, but what if a small bump brings more benefit with only minor added side effects? Since we are our own lab rats, the only real way to learn whether more of something creates more harm than good is to be diligent about blood work and other biomarkers, and even then the full picture may not be revealed
 
Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.
 
aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I'm with you on that! Same situation here, I'd argue — although when it comes to GLPs too, folks are pushing past the advised limits. My tirzepatide dose sits at 20mg, and I'll probably keep escalating from there. So yeah, a bit of self-experimentation as a guinea pig still happens 🤣. Clinical data on combining these is scarce, meaning that mixing glp-1s with amylin agonists remains largely unexplored territory. More guinea-pig territory...

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I've only just begun digging into the literature on these other peptides, but a lot of them strike me as quite tempting. The real issue, though, isn't what quantity I ought to use — it's whether I ought to use them in the first place when the evidence base, particularly human trials, is so thin.
 
BPC dosages are something I'd like to know more about too.

About 6 months back I ran a cycle and felt great. I quit it since tumor growth worried me, naturally, but I've restarted it because an injury that hurts isn't healing by itself.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BPC dosages are something I'd like to know more about too.

About 6 months back I ran a cycle and felt great. I quit it since tumor growth worried me, naturally, but I've restarted it because an injury that hurts isn't healing by itself.
Wait, what? I did a tanning cycle 6 months back??
 
Grogu said:

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I'm with you on that! Same situation here, I'd argue — although when it comes to GLPs too, folks are pushing past the advised limits. My tirzepatide dose sits at 20mg, and I'll probably keep escalating from there. So yeah, a bit of self-experimentation as a guinea pig still happens 🤣. Clinical data on combining these is scarce, meaning that mixing glp-1s with amylin agonists remains largely unexplored territory. More guinea-pig territory...

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I've only just begun digging into the literature on these other peptides, but a lot of them strike me as quite tempting. The real issue, though, isn't what quantity I ought to use — it's whether I ought to use them in the first place when the evidence base, particularly human trials, is so thin.
So did higher tirz doses actually give you stronger effects? Or was the increase just because 15 stopped feeling like anything? Curious about the specifics.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

BPC dosages are something I'd like to know more about too.

About 6 months back I ran a cycle and felt great. I quit it since tumor growth worried me, naturally, but I've restarted it because an injury that hurts isn't healing by itself.
Wait, what? I did a tanning cycle 6 months back??
Ran!! Definitely not a tan 🤣
 
spanky2026 said:

Grogu said:

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I'm with you on that! Same situation here, I'd argue — although when it comes to GLPs too, folks are pushing past the advised limits. My tirzepatide dose sits at 20mg, and I'll probably keep escalating from there. So yeah, a bit of self-experimentation as a guinea pig still happens 🤣. Clinical data on combining these is scarce, meaning that mixing glp-1s with amylin agonists remains largely unexplored territory. More guinea-pig territory...

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I've only just begun digging into the literature on these other peptides, but a lot of them strike me as quite tempting. The real issue, though, isn't what quantity I ought to use — it's whether I ought to use them in the first place when the evidence base, particularly human trials, is so thin.
So did higher tirz doses actually give you stronger effects? Or was the increase just because 15 stopped feeling like anything? Curious about the specifics.
I’m currently on 13mg, and I’ve still got roughly 26 pounds left to shed. These days I’m only dropping about a pound each week, so I’m considering going up in dose. It’s been 10 months so far.
 
Grogu said:

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I'm with you on that! Same situation here, I'd argue — although when it comes to GLPs too, folks are pushing past the advised limits. My tirzepatide dose sits at 20mg, and I'll probably keep escalating from there. So yeah, a bit of self-experimentation as a guinea pig still happens 🤣. Clinical data on combining these is scarce, meaning that mixing glp-1s with amylin agonists remains largely unexplored territory. More guinea-pig territory...

aepower2016 said:

Grogu said:

As with "ordinary" drugs, peptides likely have a window of dosing in which they work best. Drop below that window and the dose is sub-therapuetic, so you probably won't get any of the upside. Go above it and you may run into potentially dangerous issues such as toxicity, immunogenicity, axis disruption, and so on.

When it comes to glp-1 medications, there is a huge amount of human testing and real world data indicating that doses higher than those set in clincial trials are probably safe and effective. With certain other peptides, though, primary research is scant, let alone research on extended dosing. Broadly speaking it's a bit of a wild west, but my sense is that with these less studied peptides, experimenting with larger doses raises concerns beyond just more sides.
I'd say we're in a similar situation. With GLP's, the safe dosage levels are quite clear because so many human trials have been done. That means there isn't really a need to test higher amounts, since we already know a recommended dosage range that works well while keeping side effects to a minimum.

You're definitely right that a lot of these peps are like the wild West, but isn't that part of what turns us into lab rats? If I ever raised a dosage, I'd do it only by a small amount, and I'd base that on how I reacted before and on recent blood work. My view is that without solid human trials, we shouldn't treat any of these protocols as the absolute ceiling of what the human body can handle at any given time.

I've only just begun digging into the literature on these other peptides, but a lot of them strike me as quite tempting. The real issue, though, isn't what quantity I ought to use — it's whether I ought to use them in the first place when the evidence base, particularly human trials, is so thin.
Exactly! Most of these peptides shouldn't even be in our bodies at this point, and yet plenty of us—me included—are using them anyway. As long as human data is missing for a particular peptide, calling any dose "safe" makes no sense. Beyond personal reports, there are basically no definitive standards for the majority of these peps.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

BPC dosages are something I'd like to know more about too.

About 6 months back I ran a cycle and felt great. I quit it since tumor growth worried me, naturally, but I've restarted it because an injury that hurts isn't healing by itself.
Fair point. There is talk out there about peptides possibly causing cancerous cells to multiply, though that remains only a hypothesis. Personally, I would not gamble on using a peptide long-term unless I had thorough blood panels and oversight from a qualified physician. As things stand, peptide use ought to be a short-term in-and-out approach. That goes at least for the ones lacking research.
 
aepower2016 said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

BPC dosages are something I'd like to know more about too.

About 6 months back I ran a cycle and felt great. I quit it since tumor growth worried me, naturally, but I've restarted it because an injury that hurts isn't healing by itself.
Fair point. There is talk out there about peptides possibly causing cancerous cells to multiply, though that remains only a hypothesis. Personally, I would not gamble on using a peptide long-term unless I had thorough blood panels and oversight from a qualified physician. As things stand, peptide use ought to be a short-term in-and-out approach. That goes at least for the ones lacking research.
Yeah, that sums up my situation perfectly. I did just 1 cycle of bpc, and it seemed to make a huge difference for a few problems. So even with the possible dangers, I went ahead and began a new cycle last night 🫣
 
Back
Top