Using one BAC water syringe to reconstitute several different peptides?

Riviera said:

At times I have several different peps that need reconstituting — typically I handle them all in one sitting — for example a motc, a wolverine, a reta, and so on.

Up to now, for each pep I've drawn water out of a 30ml bac container with its own 3ml 23 ga syringe, which keeps the peps from cross contaminating one another.....

I realize syringes don't cost much- but I figured I'd ask whether anybody reconstitutes several different peps with a single bac water syringe ???

Given how many syringes I keep burning through - the expense accumulates.
For my part, I keep the same barrel and swap in a fresh needle for every peptide.
 
DS36 said:

I'll admit it — I'm guilty of this. Between uses, I wipe my mixing syringe down with alcohol and wait for it to dry. My method keeps the needle away from the powder entirely: I set the vial on its side, go in at an angle, and let the liquid collect at the base.
Same here — I keep things simple whenever I can. People around here tend to overthink this stuff way too much.

My line of work involves constant cuts, grazes, and weld burns. Week in and week out, my body is already handling a ton of outside junk. So the odds of a peptide going bad after an alcohol wipe and so on... are incredibly tiny.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different. In the end, it comes down to whatever lets you sleep peacefully.
 
T.Bird said:

DS36 said:

I'll admit it — I'm guilty of this. Between uses, I wipe my mixing syringe down with alcohol and wait for it to dry. My method keeps the needle away from the powder entirely: I set the vial on its side, go in at an angle, and let the liquid collect at the base.
Same here — I keep things simple whenever I can. People around here tend to overthink this stuff way too much.

My line of work involves constant cuts, grazes, and weld burns. Week in and week out, my body is already handling a ton of outside junk. So the odds of a peptide going bad after an alcohol wipe and so on... are incredibly tiny.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different. In the end, it comes down to whatever lets you sleep peacefully.

On top of that, I'm injecting loads of sketchy, unregulated stuff that comes from China. 😀
 
trey915 said:

I do, but the syringe is only for drawing the Bac water and adding it to the powder. Since I use refillable pens, I then switch to another needle to filter the solution from the vial into the cartridge.
Pens are the way to go!
 
DS36 said:

T.Bird said:

DS36 said:

I'll admit it — I'm guilty of this. Between uses, I wipe my mixing syringe down with alcohol and wait for it to dry. My method keeps the needle away from the powder entirely: I set the vial on its side, go in at an angle, and let the liquid collect at the base.
Same here — I keep things simple whenever I can. People around here tend to overthink this stuff way too much.

My line of work involves constant cuts, grazes, and weld burns. Week in and week out, my body is already handling a ton of outside junk. So the odds of a peptide going bad after an alcohol wipe and so on... are incredibly tiny.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different. In the end, it comes down to whatever lets you sleep peacefully.

On top of that, I'm injecting loads of sketchy, unregulated stuff that comes from China. 😀
Right, that too. The amusing part is that every sketchy purchase I've made through 3 different sellers has performed just as it should. I've even returned for more, twice and then a third time 😁😁 really pleased with sketchy.
 
I have to be honest: when I reconstitute, I simply fill a 3ml syringe with bac water, then push 1ml into vial 1, 1ml into vial 2, and continue like that. It hadn’t crossed my mind that if vial 1 were contaminated, I’d be moving that contamination into the other vials too. Perhaps 1 needle per recon is the better approach. After all, it’s the cheapest part of what I do.
 
One syringe does the job for me when I'm mixing up several vials. If people want to call me stingy, that's fine. Either way, I'm going to die at some point.
 
amosmylove said:

One syringe does the job for me when I'm mixing up several vials. If people want to call me stingy, that's fine. Either way, I'm going to die at some point.
Whenever someone challenges me about doing something risky, my go-to reply is: "I didn't think I was going to live this long..."

That tends to shut down the scolding pretty fast...
 
Flash-BCR said:

amosmylove said:

One syringe does the job for me when I'm mixing up several vials. If people want to call me stingy, that's fine. Either way, I'm going to die at some point.
Whenever someone challenges me about doing something risky, my go-to reply is: "I didn't think I was going to live this long..."

That tends to shut down the scolding pretty fast...
Happy to help, buddy.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Flash-BCR said:

amosmylove said:

One syringe does the job for me when I'm mixing up several vials. If people want to call me stingy, that's fine. Either way, I'm going to die at some point.
Whenever someone challenges me about doing something risky, my go-to reply is: "I didn't think I was going to live this long..."

That tends to shut down the scolding pretty fast...
Happy to help, buddy.
Same goes for you, Ms KittyKitty.... ❤️ 👍
 
Riviera said:

At times I have several different peps that need reconstituting — typically I handle them all in one sitting — for example a motc, a wolverine, a reta, and so on.

Up to now, for each pep I've drawn water out of a 30ml bac container with its own 3ml 23 ga syringe, which keeps the peps from cross contaminating one another.....

I realize syringes don't cost much- but I figured I'd ask whether anybody reconstitutes several different peps with a single bac water syringe ???

Given how many syringes I keep burning through - the expense accumulates.
As long as the peptides themselves never get combined inside the syringe, there shouldn't be much of an issue. After the BAC water has come into contact with a peptide, drawing it back into the same syringe is something you want to avoid.

TBAH, for the majority of peptides, pulling back and reusing would likely be fine. The exception would be certain sensitive ones, such as Tesa, GLPS, ara 290 and similar.
 
For my part, I’d continue reaching for a brand-new sterile syringe per vial. The couple of syringes you’d save don’t justify exposing yourself to contamination. Herbilabs has come up in conversation as well, but no matter where it came from, I’d still follow proper sterile technique.
 
I stopped being so strict about this a while back. Time isn't on my side, and I'd rather not burn through needles. One bottle of BAC water gets used up in just a couple of weeks for me anyway.

That said, technically every pep vial you've got is now contaminated, and once the peps have been punctured, sterile gear should be used for your sterile BAC vial.

But realistically, can that little needle really drag enough bacteria back out through the rubber stopper to make your BAC water a breeding ground? Is there actually more bacteria in the vial than in the air around your house?

Mochizuki0124 said:

You already pointed this out—buy them in bulk and the syringes cost next to nothing.

I really don't understand why anyone would cut corners on things like BAC water and syringes, especially since the Peptides are inexpensive to begin with. Reconstitution isn't something you do every day. What you're risking is the sterility and potency of both the peptide and the BAC.
Sure, they're inexpensive, but not to that degree. When you're doing 10+ peps daily, the cost stacks up. A fresh box of needles runs $30-50. I can think of other things I'd rather drop $50 on.

Mochizuki0124 said:

You already pointed this out—buy them in bulk and the syringes cost next to nothing.

I really don't understand why anyone would cut corners on things like BAC water and syringes, especially since the Peptides are inexpensive to begin with. Reconstitution isn't something you do every day. What you're risking is the sterility and potency of both the peptide and the BAC.
Peps are inexpensive? Are you located in China?!

Mochizuki0124 said:

You already pointed this out—buy them in bulk and the syringes cost next to nothing.

I really don't understand why anyone would cut corners on things like BAC water and syringes, especially since the Peptides are inexpensive to begin with. Reconstitution isn't something you do every day. What you're risking is the sterility and potency of both the peptide and the BAC.
That's easy for you to say!

Mochizuki0124 said:

You already pointed this out—buy them in bulk and the syringes cost next to nothing.

I really don't understand why anyone would cut corners on things like BAC water and syringes, especially since the Peptides are inexpensive to begin with. Reconstitution isn't something you do every day. What you're risking is the sterility and potency of both the peptide and the BAC.
I seriously doubt that.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

One luer lock syringe, swapped needles. They cost next to nothing.

Why cut corners on a kit that comes to $1.12 - syringe, needles, filter, alcohol swabs? Throw in the depyrogenated vial and that's another $1.50. Aren't we each worth $2.72...
Alternatively, $2.62 — my arithmetic skills apparently clock out when I do. Doh!
 
Back
Top