Using one BAC water syringe to reconstitute several different peptides?

Riviera

Explorer
Joined
Aug 3, 2026
Messages
150
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario Canada
At times I have several different peps that need reconstituting — typically I handle them all in one sitting — for example a motc, a wolverine, a reta, and so on.

Up to now, for each pep I've drawn water out of a 30ml bac container with its own 3ml 23 ga syringe, which keeps the peps from cross contaminating one another.....

I realize syringes don't cost much- but I figured I'd ask whether anybody reconstitutes several different peps with a single bac water syringe ???

Given how many syringes I keep burning through - the expense accumulates.
 
I do, but the syringe is only for drawing the Bac water and adding it to the powder. Since I use refillable pens, I then switch to another needle to filter the solution from the vial into the cartridge.
 
After a syringe has been inserted into a peptide vial, using that same syringe on a different vial is typically seen as bad practice. For every vial, I take a new syringe.

Transferring issues from one vial to another is something you want to avoid.
 
Riviera said:

At times I have several different peps that need reconstituting — typically I handle them all in one sitting — for example a motc, a wolverine, a reta, and so on.

Up to now, for each pep I've drawn water out of a 30ml bac container with its own 3ml 23 ga syringe, which keeps the peps from cross contaminating one another.....

I realize syringes don't cost much- but I figured I'd ask whether anybody reconstitutes several different peps with a single bac water syringe ???

Given how many syringes I keep burning through - the expense accumulates.
For my part, no... my bigger concern wouldn't be the peptides themselves, it would be the risk of messing up the BAC vial with contamination...
 
CandyCap said:

After a syringe has been inserted into a peptide vial, using that same syringe on a different vial is typically seen as bad practice. For every vial, I take a new syringe.

Transferring issues from one vial to another is something you want to avoid.
Yeah, that tracks! 🙂
 
CandyCap said:

After a syringe has been inserted into a peptide vial, using that same syringe on a different vial is typically seen as bad practice. For every vial, I take a new syringe.

Transferring issues from one vial to another is something you want to avoid.
Alright, beginner question about pens: after reconstituting with a 3ml needle, is it okay to pull the mixed medication back out using that same needle so it can be loaded into the pen cartridge, or not? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I've gone through many of the pen tutorial videos and none of them covered this.
 
spanky2026 said:

CandyCap said:

After a syringe has been inserted into a peptide vial, using that same syringe on a different vial is typically seen as bad practice. For every vial, I take a new syringe.

Transferring issues from one vial to another is something you want to avoid.
Alright, beginner question about pens: after reconstituting with a 3ml needle, is it okay to pull the mixed medication back out using that same needle so it can be loaded into the pen cartridge, or not? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I've gone through many of the pen tutorial videos and none of them covered this.
The same syringe and needle are fine for pulling the mixture out, but before you put it into the cart, swap the needle for a filter and a fresh needle.
 
You already pointed this out—buy them in bulk and the syringes cost next to nothing.

I really don't understand why anyone would cut corners on things like BAC water and syringes, especially since the Peptides are inexpensive to begin with. Reconstitution isn't something you do every day. What you're risking is the sterility and potency of both the peptide and the BAC.
 
spanky2026 said:

CandyCap said:

After a syringe has been inserted into a peptide vial, using that same syringe on a different vial is typically seen as bad practice. For every vial, I take a new syringe.

Transferring issues from one vial to another is something you want to avoid.
Alright, beginner question about pens: after reconstituting with a 3ml needle, is it okay to pull the mixed medication back out using that same needle so it can be loaded into the pen cartridge, or not? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I've gone through many of the pen tutorial videos and none of them covered this.
Yes, that works!

At this point, it might be worth thinking about filtration. After you add the BAC, swirl the vial gently to blend, then pull the mixture back into the same syringe. Before sending it into the pen cartridge, take the needle off, pull some air in, then attach a filter and a fresh needle. Push the peptide through the filter and new needle into the new pen cartridge (make sure you use a vent needle! Otherwise the rubber stopper can be forced out the bottom of the cartridge). The air that follows at the end of the push will "air purge" the filter, helping you recover "some" of the peptide that would otherwise stay trapped in the filter.

Filtration costs roughly 60¢ extra on top of what you're already doing. That's cheap insurance, especially with some recent reports of staph in lyophilized products.
 
When I do several recons, I use the same syringe for all of them — naturally, within one sitting — though I've wondered whether that's actually a bad idea.

To keep cross-contamination down, I only just barely insert the syringe, angle the vial a bit, and let the water run slowly along the inside wall. That way the solution doesn't foam. What I'm aiming for is zero contact between the solution and the needle. Still, some dry peptide residue probably sticks to the stopper.

These days my BAC water is Genetek, supplied in 10mL plastic ampoules. Once a recon session ends, I toss the ampoule, even if it isn't empty yet.
 
One luer lock syringe, swapped needles. They cost next to nothing.

Why cut corners on a kit that comes to $1.12 - syringe, needles, filter, alcohol swabs? Throw in the depyrogenated vial and that's another $1.50. Aren't we each worth $2.72...
 
spanky2026 said:

CandyCap said:

After a syringe has been inserted into a peptide vial, using that same syringe on a different vial is typically seen as bad practice. For every vial, I take a new syringe.

Transferring issues from one vial to another is something you want to avoid.
Alright, beginner question about pens: after reconstituting with a 3ml needle, is it okay to pull the mixed medication back out using that same needle so it can be loaded into the pen cartridge, or not? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I've gone through many of the pen tutorial videos and none of them covered this.

I pull it up using that same needle, then—since it's a luer lock syringe—I take the needle off and attach a filter plus a new needle before pushing the contents into my cartridge. Make sure you put a vent needle in the cartridge too!
 
HereKittyKitty said:

One luer lock syringe, swapped needles. They cost next to nothing.

Why cut corners on a kit that comes to $1.12 - syringe, needles, filter, alcohol swabs? Throw in the depyrogenated vial and that's another $1.50. Aren't we each worth $2.72...
Yeah, that sounds like a smart move...swap in a fresh needle ....I get every one of my needles and syringes from amz...and pretty much my entire family is on peps, so I end up reconstituting a ton....
 
I’ve been drawing BAC with one syringe for multiple vials and never paused to question it. As I see it, the needle only contacts the water. If I’m transferring medication, that syringe gets tossed, but when it’s just 2-3 vials that need BAC, it’s never been a concern for me.
 
ambot88 said:

I’ve been drawing BAC with one syringe for multiple vials and never paused to question it. As I see it, the needle only contacts the water. If I’m transferring medication, that syringe gets tossed, but when it’s just 2-3 vials that need BAC, it’s never been a concern for me.
The way I see it, the biggest issue is cross-contamination between vials. After you use the BAC needle to reconstitute vial 1, a tiny bit of vial 1's contents can end up on the needle. Stick that same needle into vial 2, and you've introduced a trace of peptide 1 into peptide 2 — which might cause peptide 2 to break down.

As long as each vial has been swabbed, I don't really buy sterility as a serious worry here. Sure, if vial 1 happened to harbor live bacteria, you could be transferring them into your BAC water. But if your peptide vial is already contaminated, that seems like a much larger problem.

That luer lock swap trick, though — that sounds like a genuinely solid approach.
 
Hey! Whenever I reconstitute any of my vials, I follow what's called ‘aseptic non-touch technique.” Between every access, all surfaces get swabbed, and I use a fresh needle every time. Even if that means 4 or 5 pins in one sitting, each vial gets its own needle. Any time you puncture a vial, there's a chance of introducing contaminates, even after swabbing with clorhex. On top of that, every puncture dulls the needle. Better safe than sorry!
 
I'll admit it — I'm guilty of this. Between uses, I wipe my mixing syringe down with alcohol and wait for it to dry. My method keeps the needle away from the powder entirely: I set the vial on its side, go in at an angle, and let the liquid collect at the base.
 
I've got a vial spike attached to my bac water....that way I don't have to poke into it over and over. Unless someone can change my mind lol
 
texmexpep said:

I've got a vial spike attached to my bac water....that way I don't have to poke into it over and over. Unless someone can change my mind lol
I own several vial spikes, though I've never actually put them to use...it seems like a reasonable method, but my usual approach is to spread out a pile of needles and syringe bodies and just get to work...
 
texmexpep said:

I've got a vial spike attached to my bac water....that way I don't have to poke into it over and over. Unless someone can change my mind lol
that's a smart approach!! I'll be doing the same
 
Back
Top