Using NAD+ and MOTS-C in rotation, plus other options?

flapjacks

Explorer
Joined
May 12, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
PNW
Alright everyone, I keep seeing questions pop up about cycling GLP's, and I understand those meds are meant to be taken for life. So dull, but I'm all in for the weight loss. What I really want to know is about stacking or cycling other peps such as NAD+ and MOTS-C. Were those peps made to be run in cycles, or are they safe and advised for ongoing use? That brings up another thing about dosing, but I'm taking this one step at a time. I've done a lot of reading on NAD+ (and how to dose it) but I'd rather hear from all of you. I haven't come across any negative info. Is NAD truly this miracle enzyme that stops you from dying and boosts your cell function until you're invincible??? And MOTS-C? Does using it mean I'll never get Alzheimer's? Can I take it indefinitely? What if I suffered a serious brain injury and I'm looking into ways to recover. Might these peps be useful? 'Splain me, boys and girls! But splain like I'm five cause I'm kinda slow.
 
From what I've come across, it's the same principle as with any substance you introduce into your system: tolerance develops. On top of that, extended use can lead your body to stop responding to your peptides. Taking breaks, then, lets your system reset, and once you begin again the results are noticeably stronger. Based on what I read, the typical break periods for what you're describing range from 1-3 months.

Bill
 
The phrase "explain like I'm five" manages to pack contempt, arrogance, ignorance, and laziness into one expression — that's the only use I know of for it.

Groucho Marx pulled off a classier take on the same idea in "Duck Soup."

As for NAD+, head to Wikipedia if you want to sort out your confusion. It isn't a peptide, and it isn't an enzyme either.

Cycles have been covered plenty on this forum already, testimonials included; try the search function.

How long and how much depends on your health conditions and your goals. Leave that out, and the replies you get will be vague and useless to you.
 
eidos said:

The phrase "explain like I'm five" manages to pack contempt, arrogance, ignorance, and laziness into one expression — that's the only use I know of for it.

Groucho Marx pulled off a classier take on the same idea in "Duck Soup."

As for NAD+, head to Wikipedia if you want to sort out your confusion. It isn't a peptide, and it isn't an enzyme either.

Cycles have been covered plenty on this forum already, testimonials included; try the search function.

How long and how much depends on your health conditions and your goals. Leave that out, and the replies you get will be vague and useless to you.

Yikes. That final sentence was meant as a joke at my own expense, with a bit of dry humor thrown in, but fair enough. This post came together after I went deep down the rabbit hole on the subject, going through foxpeptides, Wikipedia, and the massive pile of technical papers peppy has on both of those compounds. My reason for asking was to hear what experiences others might have had. Looks like my post missed the mark. My bad.
 
flapjacks said:

Alright everyone, I keep seeing questions pop up about cycling GLP's, and I understand those meds are meant to be taken for life. So dull, but I'm all in for the weight loss. What I really want to know is about stacking or cycling other peps such as NAD+ and MOTS-C. Were those peps made to be run in cycles, or are they safe and advised for ongoing use? That brings up another thing about dosing, but I'm taking this one step at a time. I've done a lot of reading on NAD+ (and how to dose it) but I'd rather hear from all of you. I haven't come across any negative info. Is NAD truly this miracle enzyme that stops you from dying and boosts your cell function until you're invincible??? And MOTS-C? Does using it mean I'll never get Alzheimer's? Can I take it indefinitely? What if I suffered a serious brain injury and I'm looking into ways to recover. Might these peps be useful? 'Splain me, boys and girls! But splain like I'm five cause I'm kinda slow.
When it comes to the non-GLP peptides, enzymes, and similar extras, exercise is unmatched. So unless these compounds—or the routines built around them—spur you to move or work out more, they end up functioning more as a safety net than as something with the potency of a GLP.
 
flapjacks said:

eidos said:

The phrase "explain like I'm five" manages to pack contempt, arrogance, ignorance, and laziness into one expression — that's the only use I know of for it.

Groucho Marx pulled off a classier take on the same idea in "Duck Soup."

As for NAD+, head to Wikipedia if you want to sort out your confusion. It isn't a peptide, and it isn't an enzyme either.

Cycles have been covered plenty on this forum already, testimonials included; try the search function.

How long and how much depends on your health conditions and your goals. Leave that out, and the replies you get will be vague and useless to you.

Yikes. That final sentence was meant as a joke at my own expense, with a bit of dry humor thrown in, but fair enough. This post came together after I went deep down the rabbit hole on the subject, going through foxpeptides, Wikipedia, and the massive pile of technical papers peppy has on both of those compounds. My reason for asking was to hear what experiences others might have had. Looks like my post missed the mark. My bad.
Yeah, I hear you completely. I've read plenty, but when it comes to something like test, I still want more details and real-world stories from people in this community.

I figured I had it all figured out, so I grabbed some black market test and was ready to blast off with my own labs and know-how — then the forum shut me down fast. Sooooo it's back to asking questions, at least for the time being...

And sure, there are a million threads about it, but whether NAD/motsc are worth it is something I'm still wondering about too. A few folks treat them like gospel, while others call them trash. We'll probably never reach a true consensus on that one, sir flappyjacks.
 
NAD+ & MOTS-C are sitting in my stash, but I haven’t touched them yet (my stack is coming together piece by piece), so all I can share is what I’ve noticed gaining traction around here:

With NAD+, there are folks who take it nonstop and folks who rotate it. Reactions range from “this is great” to “I feel zero.” MOTS-C, on the other hand, tends to be run in cycles. Same split: some swear by it, others notice nothin’! Search for the MOTS-C protocol and you’ll find a file you can download that covers stacking SS-31, NAD+ and MOTS-C—which one to bring in first, how much to take, and why.

A curious aside: word is that MOTS-C is prohibited by a number of pro and/or amateur profesh athletic/sports bodies. To me, that’s the strongest non-trial signal that it delivers an “unfair advantage”…sign me up! 🤣

Edit: Keep your chin up! Everyone takes a hard hit now and then. On my very first post, a GLP-1 Specialist basically said “Clearly you didn’t search.” LOL, they had it wrong—they just didn’t read my question properly…BUT only yesterday I threw out an idea—a really terrible one!—and the replies came flooding in to tell me it was a VERY BAD IDEA! 😂
 
HouseCat said:

NAD+ & MOTS-C are sitting in my stash, but I haven’t touched them yet (my stack is coming together piece by piece), so all I can share is what I’ve noticed gaining traction around here:

With NAD+, there are folks who take it nonstop and folks who rotate it. Reactions range from “this is great” to “I feel zero.” MOTS-C, on the other hand, tends to be run in cycles. Same split: some swear by it, others notice nothin’! Search for the MOTS-C protocol and you’ll find a file you can download that covers stacking SS-31, NAD+ and MOTS-C—which one to bring in first, how much to take, and why.

A curious aside: word is that MOTS-C is prohibited by a number of pro and/or amateur profesh athletic/sports bodies. To me, that’s the strongest non-trial signal that it delivers an “unfair advantage”…sign me up! 🤣

Edit: Keep your chin up! Everyone takes a hard hit now and then. On my very first post, a GLP-1 Specialist basically said “Clearly you didn’t search.” LOL, they had it wrong—they just didn’t read my question properly…BUT only yesterday I threw out an idea—a really terrible one!—and the replies came flooding in to tell me it was a VERY BAD IDEA! 😂
I've got a huge amount of mots, though I only pick it up on behalf of others. I've dabbled with it occasionally, but it just doesn't do much for me.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

flapjacks said:

eidos said:

The phrase "explain like I'm five" manages to pack contempt, arrogance, ignorance, and laziness into one expression — that's the only use I know of for it.

Groucho Marx pulled off a classier take on the same idea in "Duck Soup."

As for NAD+, head to Wikipedia if you want to sort out your confusion. It isn't a peptide, and it isn't an enzyme either.

Cycles have been covered plenty on this forum already, testimonials included; try the search function.

How long and how much depends on your health conditions and your goals. Leave that out, and the replies you get will be vague and useless to you.

Yikes. That final sentence was meant as a joke at my own expense, with a bit of dry humor thrown in, but fair enough. This post came together after I went deep down the rabbit hole on the subject, going through foxpeptides, Wikipedia, and the massive pile of technical papers peppy has on both of those compounds. My reason for asking was to hear what experiences others might have had. Looks like my post missed the mark. My bad.
Yeah, I hear you completely. I've read plenty, but when it comes to something like test, I still want more details and real-world stories from people in this community.

I figured I had it all figured out, so I grabbed some black market test and was ready to blast off with my own labs and know-how — then the forum shut me down fast. Sooooo it's back to asking questions, at least for the time being...

And sure, there are a million threads about it, but whether NAD/motsc are worth it is something I'm still wondering about too. A few folks treat them like gospel, while others call them trash. We'll probably never reach a true consensus on that one, sir flappyjacks.
Yes! Personal stories matter most here. I have read plenty, but honestly I don't know a thing in practice. With zero hands-on time on these compounds, hearing what others have done counts for a lot. A few of my gym bros claim MOTS-C gives them an edge, and the reports say it keeps fatigue at bay. One of the chicks says she runs NAD+ after 50 for the energy lift. Is chicks even acceptable these days? If not, I definitely meant ladies, or women, or fuck... I'll just stop talking. Wait, is it ok to say fuck?! Heh.

From what I have read, SS31, NAD+ and MOTS-c each support the others in ways my puny intellect cannot really follow. Mitochondria, oxidization, AMPK, ATP, yeah you know me, heeeyyyy macarena! Aye! Unlike plenty of people here, biochem is not my background.

NAD+ & MOTS-C are sitting in my stash, but I haven’t touched them yet (my stack is coming together piece by piece), so all I can share is what I’ve noticed gaining traction around here:

With NAD+, there are folks who take it nonstop and folks who rotate it. Reactions range from “this is great” to “I feel zero.” MOTS-C, on the other hand, tends to be run in cycles. Same split: some swear by it, others notice nothin’! Search for the MOTS-C protocol and you’ll find a file you can download that covers stacking SS-31, NAD+ and MOTS-C—which one to bring in first, how much to take, and why.

A curious aside: word is that MOTS-C is prohibited by a number of pro and/or amateur profesh athletic/sports bodies. To me, that’s the strongest non-trial signal that it delivers an “unfair advantage”…sign me up! 🤣

Edit: Keep your chin up! Everyone takes a hard hit now and then. On my very first post, a GLP-1 Specialist basically said “Clearly you didn’t search.” LOL, they had it wrong—they just didn’t read my question properly…BUT only yesterday I threw out an idea—a really terrible one!—and the replies came flooding in to tell me it was a VERY BAD IDEA! 😂
I have taken a hit in the unmentionables before. I will live. Appreciate the kind words.

NAD+ & MOTS-C are sitting in my stash, but I haven’t touched them yet (my stack is coming together piece by piece), so all I can share is what I’ve noticed gaining traction around here:

With NAD+, there are folks who take it nonstop and folks who rotate it. Reactions range from “this is great” to “I feel zero.” MOTS-C, on the other hand, tends to be run in cycles. Same split: some swear by it, others notice nothin’! Search for the MOTS-C protocol and you’ll find a file you can download that covers stacking SS-31, NAD+ and MOTS-C—which one to bring in first, how much to take, and why.

A curious aside: word is that MOTS-C is prohibited by a number of pro and/or amateur profesh athletic/sports bodies. To me, that’s the strongest non-trial signal that it delivers an “unfair advantage”…sign me up! 🤣

Edit: Keep your chin up! Everyone takes a hard hit now and then. On my very first post, a GLP-1 Specialist basically said “Clearly you didn’t search.” LOL, they had it wrong—they just didn’t read my question properly…BUT only yesterday I threw out an idea—a really terrible one!—and the replies came flooding in to tell me it was a VERY BAD IDEA! 😂
Huzzah! That gives me more to read! You are a legend!
 
Calm Logic said:

flapjacks said:

Alright everyone, I keep seeing questions pop up about cycling GLP's, and I understand those meds are meant to be taken for life. So dull, but I'm all in for the weight loss. What I really want to know is about stacking or cycling other peps such as NAD+ and MOTS-C. Were those peps made to be run in cycles, or are they safe and advised for ongoing use? That brings up another thing about dosing, but I'm taking this one step at a time. I've done a lot of reading on NAD+ (and how to dose it) but I'd rather hear from all of you. I haven't come across any negative info. Is NAD truly this miracle enzyme that stops you from dying and boosts your cell function until you're invincible??? And MOTS-C? Does using it mean I'll never get Alzheimer's? Can I take it indefinitely? What if I suffered a serious brain injury and I'm looking into ways to recover. Might these peps be useful? 'Splain me, boys and girls! But splain like I'm five cause I'm kinda slow.
When it comes to the non-GLP peptides, enzymes, and similar extras, exercise is unmatched. So unless these compounds—or the routines built around them—spur you to move or work out more, they end up functioning more as a safety net than as something with the potency of a GLP.
That's a strong breakdown. Sounds like someone who picked that username on purpose.
 
Before I began NAD+, my reading turned up a huge spread in both protocols and dosages. I chose to ease in with:

1 week of loading at 25mg/day

M-W-FR at 25mg/day

After the first few weeks I'll likely nudge it up to 30-50mg on 3 days/week, which is still on the cautious side.

My plan is 10 weeks on, then 4-6 weeks off.

During the NAD+ off-cycle, I might do a 4-6 week run of Mots-c.

Reports from other people on NAD+ range all over the place, from amazing to zero, at very different doses. As for me, I had what felt like fantastic energy from day 1, and that has mostly held up daily since. Maybe I've simply been sleeping well and NAD+ deserves no credit — I can't say — but given how little risk seems attached versus what I feel I'm getting, I'm glad to keep going.
 
It doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I'm following the ss31, mots, and Nad regimen. That said, my body has a lot going on. Even so, I've been digging deep into statins. Those are likely a major issue. That's a topic for a different time, though. My thinking is that if I stop the statins, my midochondria will shift, and then the protocol should perform better.
 
TeresaHip said:

It doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I'm following the ss31, mots, and Nad regimen. That said, my body has a lot going on. Even so, I've been digging deep into statins. Those are likely a major issue. That's a topic for a different time, though. My thinking is that if I stop the statins, my midochondria will shift, and then the protocol should perform better.
When dealing with elevated cholesterol, is oral CoQ10 part of your routine? From what I've gathered in a quick look, it seems like a key piece for keeping mitochondria in good shape.
 
flapjacks said:

TeresaHip said:

It doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I'm following the ss31, mots, and Nad regimen. That said, my body has a lot going on. Even so, I've been digging deep into statins. Those are likely a major issue. That's a topic for a different time, though. My thinking is that if I stop the statins, my midochondria will shift, and then the protocol should perform better.
When dealing with elevated cholesterol, is oral CoQ10 part of your routine? From what I've gathered in a quick look, it seems like a key piece for keeping mitochondria in good shape.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. The statin is the obstacle in my case. Look into what statins do. I'm certainly going to stop taking them.
 
TeresaHip said:

flapjacks said:

TeresaHip said:

It doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I'm following the ss31, mots, and Nad regimen. That said, my body has a lot going on. Even so, I've been digging deep into statins. Those are likely a major issue. That's a topic for a different time, though. My thinking is that if I stop the statins, my midochondria will shift, and then the protocol should perform better.
When dealing with elevated cholesterol, is oral CoQ10 part of your routine? From what I've gathered in a quick look, it seems like a key piece for keeping mitochondria in good shape.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. The statin is the obstacle in my case. Look into what statins do. I'm certainly going to stop taking them.
I’d like a brief summary of what statins do. I’m 40 years old, in good shape, but heart issues run in my family. This is my 1st year taking atorvostatin
 
flapjacks said:

eidos said:

The phrase "explain like I'm five" manages to pack contempt, arrogance, ignorance, and laziness into one expression — that's the only use I know of for it.

Groucho Marx pulled off a classier take on the same idea in "Duck Soup."

As for NAD+, head to Wikipedia if you want to sort out your confusion. It isn't a peptide, and it isn't an enzyme either.

Cycles have been covered plenty on this forum already, testimonials included; try the search function.

How long and how much depends on your health conditions and your goals. Leave that out, and the replies you get will be vague and useless to you.

Yikes. That final sentence was meant as a joke at my own expense, with a bit of dry humor thrown in, but fair enough. This post came together after I went deep down the rabbit hole on the subject, going through foxpeptides, Wikipedia, and the massive pile of technical papers peppy has on both of those compounds. My reason for asking was to hear what experiences others might have had. Looks like my post missed the mark. My bad.
Hi @flapjacks — after reading what you wrote, I ran a long multi-page discussion through ChatGTP to see which peptides the members here tend to favor. Maybe it will be useful to you. 🙂 (If the link doesn’t take you straight there, it’s post 305 on page 11.)




Which peptide gave you real, noticeable results?



Tirz, Ipa, Ipa+Cjc-1295 No Dac, AHK-Cu. Every one of those has worked really well for me. Reta was a miss. For 2 weeks I neither lost nor gained anything. I was hungry the whole time, and at the close of the 2nd week I had 3 days of severe diarrhea. Once I went back to Tirz, things returned to how they were before

Image unavailable


GLP1Chat.com
 
HouseCat said:

NAD+ & MOTS-C are sitting in my stash, but I haven’t touched them yet (my stack is coming together piece by piece), so all I can share is what I’ve noticed gaining traction around here:

With NAD+, there are folks who take it nonstop and folks who rotate it. Reactions range from “this is great” to “I feel zero.” MOTS-C, on the other hand, tends to be run in cycles. Same split: some swear by it, others notice nothin’! Search for the MOTS-C protocol and you’ll find a file you can download that covers stacking SS-31, NAD+ and MOTS-C—which one to bring in first, how much to take, and why.

A curious aside: word is that MOTS-C is prohibited by a number of pro and/or amateur profesh athletic/sports bodies. To me, that’s the strongest non-trial signal that it delivers an “unfair advantage”…sign me up! 🤣

Edit: Keep your chin up! Everyone takes a hard hit now and then. On my very first post, a GLP-1 Specialist basically said “Clearly you didn’t search.” LOL, they had it wrong—they just didn’t read my question properly…BUT only yesterday I threw out an idea—a really terrible one!—and the replies came flooding in to tell me it was a VERY BAD IDEA! 😂
Putting yourself down. Good one 🙌 🤗
 
Back
Top