Using Low-Dose GLP-1 Medications for Wellness and Longevity?

When obesity is severe, Reta is in my view the best option to bring in first, after which it can be dropped and tirz started. The uncertainty surrounding glucagon is the reason everyone gets nervous. In my own research it has come out as the more effective choice. Tirz is outstanding, yet when it comes to losing weight Reta wins out.
 
tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
Age is likely the biggest factor in whether this makes sense. If someone is past 40 or 50 and has problems with blood sugars, lipids, blood pressure, excess weight, and so on, a GLP is probably the better route — although right now that remains speculation, not something the research has established. For a younger person who is basically healthy, the calculus is far less clear. GLP drugs carry adverse effects that are quite rare but serious, including pancreatitis and NAION. When baseline risk is already elevated because of obesity, those risks are acceptable; whether that still holds for someone younger, healthier, and not obese is simply not known at this point.

As for 0.2mg of reta, I doubt that dose does anything meaningful — it is simply too small to justify the effort. And I would agree that in this setting, tirz has a far longer and better characterized safety record than reta.
 
Fostradamus said:


How long did it take to settle down for you? I'm 7 months in and currently at 8mg/wk and my RHR has consistently been 10 BPM higher than it was prior to starting.

Click to expand...
Possibly last month. I've only recently begun tracking it once more. Reta has been part of my routine for 32 weeks now, and for roughly 4 weeks I've been experimenting with maintenance dosing in the 6-8mg range. Before that I was on 10mg. When I sit in the morning, my RHR comes in at low 70's. At a doctor's visit a couple months back, my HR was 75 and my BP read 110/68.
 
Back
Top