Using Low-Dose GLP-1 Medications for Wellness and Longevity?

tg-qhd

Explorer
Joined
May 12, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
 
tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
For general health purposes, I use 1.5mg of Tirzepatide each week. In my case, that amount counts as a microdose. When it comes to Retatrutide for the same goal, I would hesitate — I'm not convinced that sustained glucagon receptor activation is beneficial over the long run.
 
tendency said:


I'm taking 1.5mg Tirz weekly for health benefits. That's a microdose for me. I'd think twice about using Reta for this, not sure long term glucagon agonism is a good thing.

Click to expand...
Could you say more about that final point? What kind of problems could come up with glucagon agonism over the long term?
 
tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
Are you sure there aren't superior options for this goal? After your research, does Reta really come across as the perfect compound for your needs?
 
If you're looking at this through a biohacking lens, Tirz is far more logical than Reta. Tirz appears to offer advantages that aren't tied to losing weight, whereas so far Reta hasn't demonstrated those same advantages. When taken at low doses, Tirz also appears to act in a different way compared to Reta. Reta seems to hit the GLP and GIP receptors less, and clearly those receptors are what Tirz goes after. On top of that, Reta puts more strain on the body.

As far as dosing goes, .2mg doing anything meaningful is a stretch. Every benefit that's been observed came at doses that were much higher, and even then, once you account for weight loss, those benefits appear to persist but probably aren't very big. It's all speculation, but something like at least 1mg looks like a sensible threshold where benefits might show up.
 
I've come across talk that Lily intends to back research focused on Tirze's longevity applications, though that's going to take a while. As another person pointed out, the amount used will matter a lot, since what they've found up to now comes from doses that cause weight loss too. For those chasing longevity alone, that effect might not be something they want.
 
Two people I know — 1 is older, the other middle-aged — have been prescribed low-dose Tirz for the long haul by their own cardiologists, with heart health as the goal. They're both doing fine, each lost a small amount of weight, and their doctors are pleased with the lab results.
 
One thing to keep in mind could be how long reconstituted reta stays usable, because at that dose a typical 10 ml vial would last a very long time. That said, I'm still very much a beginner, and opinions seem to differ when it comes to reta shelf life, so I'd rather let someone else jump in and set me straight if this turns out not to be a problem.
 
Here's how that appears when drawn into a .5ml syringe. Mix 10mg with 1ml BAC, which yields 50 doses.




2a186ff1b0f778b6f8c2eca4592efbb464fc7a239631a85b4086cbb38147f973.webp
 
wildweasel said:

tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
Are you sure there aren't superior options for this goal? After your research, does Reta really come across as the perfect compound for your needs?
I’ll be honest—I’m still getting up to speed, so if Reta isn’t the ideal option, I’m happy to hear other recommendations.
 
tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
My weight is in the normal range, I follow a fitness-focused lifestyle, and for years I've taken Tirz at 1-2.5mg weekly. Being neither overweight nor diabetic has always been my situation, yet I can sit 5lbs lighter @ 123lbs, whereas my body's natural setpoint appeared to hover around 127-130lbs. At my crossfit gym, nearly everyone uses glps to get leaner overall, and the majority have never carried excess weight.
 
Pali_Bali said:

tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
My weight is in the normal range, I follow a fitness-focused lifestyle, and for years I've taken Tirz at 1-2.5mg weekly. Being neither overweight nor diabetic has always been my situation, yet I can sit 5lbs lighter @ 123lbs, whereas my body's natural setpoint appeared to hover around 127-130lbs. At my crossfit gym, nearly everyone uses glps to get leaner overall, and the majority have never carried excess weight.
I've begun microdosing at 1mg. What makes you decide to adjust your dosage? Are you keeping the same dose at this point, or do you still make changes?
 
tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
Planning to, the moment I'm down at goal.
 
tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
My situation matches yours: neither weight nor glucose is a problem for me. I went through a ret cycle aiming to lose 25 pounds, and I've now lost 35. At this point I'm tapering off—or more accurately, reducing to a dose I can stay at long term.
 
5byfive said:

If you're looking at this through a biohacking lens, Tirz is far more logical than Reta. Tirz appears to offer advantages that aren't tied to losing weight, whereas so far Reta hasn't demonstrated those same advantages. When taken at low doses, Tirz also appears to act in a different way compared to Reta. Reta seems to hit the GLP and GIP receptors less, and clearly those receptors are what Tirz goes after. On top of that, Reta puts more strain on the body.

As far as dosing goes, .2mg doing anything meaningful is a stretch. Every benefit that's been observed came at doses that were much higher, and even then, once you account for weight loss, those benefits appear to persist but probably aren't very big. It's all speculation, but something like at least 1mg looks like a sensible threshold where benefits might show up.
Everything I've come across regarding how tirz and reta compare in their relative affinities for the GLP-1 and GIP receptors contradicts that claim. U/runningFNP, who wrote The Incretin Space, put together a really detailed side-by-side of these two incretins' receptor affinities, drawing on every research paper available at the time. At comparable doses, retatrutide acts considerably more strongly than tirzepatide at the GIP receptor, and somewhat more strongly at the GLP-1 receptor as well.

That said, your point about tirz having far more long-term safety data behind it is definitely valid. And as for what GCG agonism might do over the long haul, whether beneficial or harmful, nobody can say at this point.
 
CNCCurrency said:

tg-qhd said:

Fortunately, I don't struggle with weight or blood sugar problems. But since I'm interested in biohacking and GLP-1 drugs seem to offer many different advantages, I'm considering beginning a small dose of Retatrutide—maybe 0.2MG each week—purely for the metabolic and anti-inflammatory perks. Is anyone else trying this? What amount are you using, and how has it gone for you?
Planning to, the moment I'm down at goal.
I've gone below my goal and I'm on 6mg as a microdose for maintenance. Things look stable to me, though I'd like to put on 5lbs. Over 32 weeks I've dropped 60lbs.
 
tg-qhd said:


Hi can you elaborate on the last part? What issues might arise from long term glucagon agonist?

Click to expand...
From what I've come across, the glucagon agonist component may raise heart rate by as much as 10 beats per minute. For long term health, that could be a downside. When it comes to weight loss, though, reta really stands out.
 
5byfive said:

If you're looking at this through a biohacking lens, Tirz is far more logical than Reta. Tirz appears to offer advantages that aren't tied to losing weight, whereas so far Reta hasn't demonstrated those same advantages. When taken at low doses, Tirz also appears to act in a different way compared to Reta. Reta seems to hit the GLP and GIP receptors less, and clearly those receptors are what Tirz goes after. On top of that, Reta puts more strain on the body.

As far as dosing goes, .2mg doing anything meaningful is a stretch. Every benefit that's been observed came at doses that were much higher, and even then, once you account for weight loss, those benefits appear to persist but probably aren't very big. It's all speculation, but something like at least 1mg looks like a sensible threshold where benefits might show up.
Tirz makes sense as the pick, I'm with you there — but wouldn't Reta likely deliver a lot of the same upsides?
 
kakiebean said:


I have read that the glucagon agonist portion can cause an increase in heart rate of up to 10 beats per minute. That might not be great for long term health. However, for weight loss, reta shines.

Click to expand...
Over time it does calm down, in my experience. My resting heart rate used to sit around 72 BPM, then it climbed to roughly 82 once I began Reta. More recently it's been back at 72-73 BPM. The nice part is that blood pressure falls quite a bit after a while. Could be tied to the weight loss, though.
 
BNLFL said:


It's actually settles down after time. I was usually 72 BPM, the 82 or so once I started Reta. It's been 72-73 BPM lately. Great thing, after a while the BP drops a bunch. That might be the weight loss.

Click to expand...
What was the timeframe for yours to level out? I've been on it 7 months now, at 8mg/wk, and my RHR has stayed 10 BPM above what it was before I began.
 
Back
Top