Using DMSO as a carrier instead of injecting?

Shittersfull

Explorer
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
I'm thinking about applying peptides through my skin with dmso as a carrier, rather than using an insulin syringe. Has anyone here given that a shot?

For me, reta is the only pep that produces a noticeable effect. So that's what I'll test first. My plan is to put it on my skin with dmso next week and see whether I can feel anything.

What's your take?
 
Since this hasn't been attempted previously, definite answers aren't available from anyone. That said, molecules exceeding 500 daltons in molecular weight typically struggle to cross the skin barrier, whether or not DMSO is helping. GLPs generally fall in the 1000s range.
 
Shittersfull said:

I'm thinking about applying peptides through my skin with dmso as a carrier, rather than using an insulin syringe. Has anyone here given that a shot?

For me, reta is the only pep that produces a noticeable effect. So that's what I'll test first. My plan is to put it on my skin with dmso next week and see whether I can feel anything.

What's your take?
My expectation is that it won't work well. What's the reason for that?
 
Redz said:

Shittersfull said:

I'm thinking about applying peptides through my skin with dmso as a carrier, rather than using an insulin syringe. Has anyone here given that a shot?

For me, reta is the only pep that produces a noticeable effect. So that's what I'll test first. My plan is to put it on my skin with dmso next week and see whether I can feel anything.

What's your take?
My expectation is that it won't work well. What's the reason for that?
From what mg9550 says, it seems like this won't work. Still, if it did, there would be plenty of upsides. For one, glp's could be made available to people who either won't or can't give themselves injections. It would also do away with scar tissue accumulating.

When I use mots-c, I get a histamine reaction; applying dmso immediately after pinning puts a stop to it. The same goes for ghk-cu. It burns me for 1 or 2 days, but once dmso goes on, the burning lasts roughly an hour.
 
MG9550 said:

Since this hasn't been attempted previously, definite answers aren't available from anyone. That said, molecules exceeding 500 daltons in molecular weight typically struggle to cross the skin barrier, whether or not DMSO is helping. GLPs generally fall in the 1000s range.
Regarding KPV — do you think there's any possibility it could work? Like the OP, I've been curious about this same approach, but specifically for KPV.
 
moodymama76 said:

MG9550 said:

Since this hasn't been attempted previously, definite answers aren't available from anyone. That said, molecules exceeding 500 daltons in molecular weight typically struggle to cross the skin barrier, whether or not DMSO is helping. GLPs generally fall in the 1000s range.
Regarding KPV — do you think there's any possibility it could work? Like the OP, I've been curious about this same approach, but specifically for KPV.
It could be possible. With a molecular weight near 340 g/mol, it may be able to cross the skin. That said, I don't see the point, since taking it by mouth is an option.
 
MG9550 said:

moodymama76 said:

MG9550 said:

Since this hasn't been attempted previously, definite answers aren't available from anyone. That said, molecules exceeding 500 daltons in molecular weight typically struggle to cross the skin barrier, whether or not DMSO is helping. GLPs generally fall in the 1000s range.
Regarding KPV — do you think there's any possibility it could work? Like the OP, I've been curious about this same approach, but specifically for KPV.
It could be possible. With a molecular weight near 340 g/mol, it may be able to cross the skin. That said, I don't see the point, since taking it by mouth is an option.
I was picturing it as something along the lines of a cream for arthritis. My left knee is pretty bad. And just to be clear, I haven't bought anything at all so far — I'm only browsing and attempting to pick up information.
 
moodymama76 said:

MG9550 said:

moodymama76 said:

MG9550 said:

Since this hasn't been attempted previously, definite answers aren't available from anyone. That said, molecules exceeding 500 daltons in molecular weight typically struggle to cross the skin barrier, whether or not DMSO is helping. GLPs generally fall in the 1000s range.
Regarding KPV — do you think there's any possibility it could work? Like the OP, I've been curious about this same approach, but specifically for KPV.
It could be possible. With a molecular weight near 340 g/mol, it may be able to cross the skin. That said, I don't see the point, since taking it by mouth is an option.
I was picturing it as something along the lines of a cream for arthritis. My left knee is pretty bad. And just to be clear, I haven't bought anything at all so far — I'm only browsing and attempting to pick up information.
A KPV cream for arthritis sounds appealing. The issue for me with that approach would be figuring out whether it actually does anything, since I don't have arthritis at this point.
 
Back
Top