Using Desiccant Packs in Peptide Containers

Whiynot20026

Explorer
Joined
May 8, 2026
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Does everyone here put desiccant in the containers or storage spots where peptides are kept? If you do, what brand works well, and what's the proper method for using them?

Bill
 
For me, I simply buy the least expensive bulk option available on Amazon.

Using a 3D printer, I made containers sized for 3ml vials to hold the desiccant, and these go inside the "vials," which then get placed in my storage container (a 32oz Hydrapeak fitted with 3D printed dividers).

I should mention that for a period, I didn't bother with desiccant. Since I wasn't frequently opening and shutting the freezer, I never saw any moisture accumulation in my peptide vials.
 
I do use them. My vials live in thermos containers that stay in the freezer, and a few of those containers probably won't be opened for 6 years or longer. I load 30 vials, scatter several desiccant packets over them, close the lid, and store it at the bottom of the chest freezer.
 
CharmanderInDisguise said:

For me, I simply buy the least expensive bulk option available on Amazon.

Using a 3D printer, I made containers sized for 3ml vials to hold the desiccant, and these go inside the "vials," which then get placed in my storage container (a 32oz Hydrapeak fitted with 3D printed dividers).

I should mention that for a period, I didn't bother with desiccant. Since I wasn't frequently opening and shutting the freezer, I never saw any moisture accumulation in my peptide vials.

Those vial-sized desiccant holders seem pretty neat, but giving up the room that another vial could occupy isn't something I'd want to do. Instead, I simply toss a few packets into my Hydapeaks. There was also a stretch when I skipped desiccant entirely and never saw any moisture. I had assumed Hydrapeaks were airtight, though apparently that isn't the case. 😕
 
I picked up some desiccant from Amazon for $6.99, and it came in a huge quantity—no clue what I'll do with the leftover. The stuff is orange, but once it absorbs enough moisture it goes green. To reset it, you bake it in the oven or nuke it in the microwave, and as it dries out it returns to orange, so you can use it again and again.

My hydropeak has silicone inserts, so rather than putting in a desiccant holder and sacrificing space meant for vials, I simply dumped the desiccant on top. Just don't bury the vials completely, since they could crack when you shut the lid. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done.
 
Mine go into the freezer cases too, a handful per box. Picked up the identical bulk bag from Amazon.
 
Overkill? Sure, but it works. I 3D-printed my own little vial holders, filled each with desiccant beads, and drop a couple into the spare slots in my Hydrapeak.
 
Back
Top