Using a spike adapter instead of a needle

ultima thule

Explorer
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Location
Ireland
Anyone used one of these? A vial spike connector came up in my Amazon browsing and I'm curious whether anyone has tried this particular model. Does it realy extend the Hospira shelf life? Opinions welcome?




SurgiMac Vial Spike Clave, latex free, secure needleless vial penetration device, ergonomic grip, vial adapter for glass vials, multi dose spike, 10 to a pack: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific



The listing: a SurgiMac multi dose spike for accessing glass vials, latex free, needleless, with an ergonomic grip, sold 10 to a pack on amazon.com

www.amazon.com
 
Oh my god. That cost is way too high—skip it. I gave it a shot, and it ended up being way more than I required. I've got 4 of that kind (possibly 5). They're completely useless to me.
 
A recent post about Hospira shelf life indicated roughly 120 days of viability. The vial spike mostly serves as a convenience item. I currently have one in use, though I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Contamination risk might be somewhat lower, but at home that risk is likely already negligible. On Amazon they cost an absurd amount. You can find them for less at Peptidetest.com or www.undergroundsupply.shop.
 
5byfive said:

A recent post about Hospira shelf life indicated roughly 120 days of viability. The vial spike mostly serves as a convenience item. I currently have one in use, though I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Contamination risk might be somewhat lower, but at home that risk is likely already negligible. On Amazon they cost an absurd amount. You can find them for less at Peptidetest.com or www.undergroundsupply.shop.
As far as I know, the most recent Hospira shelf life figure is 90 days.. are you saying it has now become 120? It's tough to keep up when it keeps shifting this quickly 😆
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Oh my god. That cost is way too high—skip it. I gave it a shot, and it ended up being way more than I required. I've got 4 of that kind (possibly 5). They're completely useless to me.
What makes it completely unusable?

Rezwalker said:

I spent 6$ on 1
The cost on Amazon works for me, and since I don't live in America, this is basically my only option to obtain one...but I'm still trying to work out if it's genuinely necessary or if it's just a pointless device...
 
ultima thule said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Oh my god. That cost is way too high—skip it. I gave it a shot, and it ended up being way more than I required. I've got 4 of that kind (possibly 5). They're completely useless to me.
What makes it completely unusable?

Rezwalker said:

I spent 6$ on 1
The cost on Amazon works for me, and since I don't live in America, this is basically my only option to obtain one...but I'm still trying to work out if it's genuinely necessary or if it's just a pointless device...
i'm also outside the us, but i came across it through a veterinary supply company
 
BNLFL said:

I gave it some thought, but for me that's off the table.
I'm in the same boat. At first I thought about getting them so my BAC and peps could stay in a cleaner, more sterile setup, but they cost too much for my budget.
 
ultima thule said:

5byfive said:

A recent post about Hospira shelf life indicated roughly 120 days of viability. The vial spike mostly serves as a convenience item. I currently have one in use, though I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Contamination risk might be somewhat lower, but at home that risk is likely already negligible. On Amazon they cost an absurd amount. You can find them for less at Peptidetest.com or www.undergroundsupply.shop.
As far as I know, the most recent Hospira shelf life figure is 90 days.. are you saying it has now become 120? It's tough to keep up when it keeps shifting this quickly 😆
Back in the day, I'd keep Hospira bac water going for well over a year without any problems. Lol.
 
Pocket said:

BNLFL said:

I gave it some thought, but for me that's off the table.
I'm in the same boat. At first I thought about getting them so my BAC and peps could stay in a cleaner, more sterile setup, but they cost too much for my budget.
If it meant I could keep opened, priceless Hospira good for much longer while that yoke was in place, then cost wouldn't matter to me. Still, my inclination is to skip it, since the consensus seems to be that it serves no purpose...
 
ultima thule said:

HereKittyKitty said:

Oh my god. That cost is way too high—skip it. I gave it a shot, and it ended up being way more than I required. I've got 4 of that kind (possibly 5). They're completely useless to me.
What makes it completely unusable?

Rezwalker said:

I spent 6$ on 1
The cost on Amazon works for me, and since I don't live in America, this is basically my only option to obtain one...but I'm still trying to work out if it's genuinely necessary or if it's just a pointless device...
My use of a bac bottle isn't frequent—even across 3 months (and possibly 4 now, based on recent test data). I have no idea what I'll end up doing with these items. LOL BTS/WTS, I suppose.
 
Back
Top