Unexpected Things I Learned as a Beginner

randompersonrandom said:


@3Ljeffy is wild to me. One of those guys who shows up once a month, remarks mildly on a post, and then just goes back to whatever he was doing, and also he had the most interesting welcome post I've ever read and also posted the most useful accessories thread I've ever seen on something that no one ever explained before or since why I need that accessory and where to get it.

Click to expand...
Haha. My second post ever was your signature 😂

That sums it up well.
 
randompersonrandom said:


@3Ljeffy is wild to me. One of those guys who shows up once a month, remarks mildly on a post, and then just goes back to whatever he was doing, and also he had the most interesting welcome post I've ever read and also posted the most useful accessories thread I've ever seen on something that no one ever explained before or since why I need that accessory and where to get it.

Click to expand...
After seeing what you wrote, I decided to check out his introduction post. What a rollercoaster, honestly.
 
JonSpartan said:


Ha. Your signature is my second ever post 😂

An accurate summary.

Click to expand...
That one was an absolute blast for me. So much was going on, and I never had a clue what the following post would bring.
 
HouseCat said:


Like @WLBLD I spend $1/cart at goodlifesupplies, who is one of the few companies I’ve found who actually sterilizes the carts.

I ordered “sterilized” carts from Temu—surprise, they were not sterilized! But you can DIY autoclave with a pressure cooker or instapot, so that’s what I’ll do since I have a 100 of the little f*ckers. I google “DIY autoclave plant” which will give you some good videos from the plant propagation space where they need to sterilize lots of weird things. I’ll need to remove the plugs first since your shouldn’t autoclave closed containers, but that’s the price I’m paying for trying to cheap out.

My husband is also not a needle fan, you’re in good company! #toughladies 😂

Click to expand...
I get mine from the same place as well 🙂
 
randompersonrandom said:


I enjoyed the hell out of that one. There was so much HAPPENING, and at no point did I know what the next post would say.

Click to expand...
In what way did you make that adjustment?
 
randompersonrandom said:


... then be right back on the website in a day or two to get plenty of carts, as many pens as you have peps, and basic pen supplies.

Click to expand...

For v3/v4 pens, does 11/12$ count as a fair deal? And 10carts/5$? I just came across a gb. The pen colors are dull, though.
 
amosmylove said:


Is 11/12$ for v3/v4 pens a decent price? With 10carts/5$? There's a gb I just saw. Boring pen colors though.

Click to expand...
Most likely. My V1 pens came from the pep pen dot com — way overpriced over there, yet the very first pen I picked up (12 months back) is still going strong. I also grabbed a few v2's at 9 dollars apiece from Ali express, and within a couple of months every single one turned unreliable. So I just shrugged it off, ordered 3 additional v1's from the same place as the original, and haven't bothered with anything else since.
 
amosmylove said:

randompersonrandom said:

amosmylove said:

One thing that caught me off guard and really gets under my skin is reaching the end of a vial. Even the smallest droplet of my peptides going to waste bothers me. I'm just not someone who likes throwing things away. Case in point: I'll keep scraping my yogurt cup until it looks brand new before I finally throw it out lol. So I end up grabbing a longer syringe of a different kind just to pull out whatever's left at the bottom, and then that syringe feels wasted too, since I only used it for that final dose. On top of that, those longer syringes tend to be as dull as a butter knife, so I attempt to move the liquid into a normal syringe by backloading, and somewhere in that process a few drops disappear while I'm clearing the air out, which makes the whole thing pointless...yet simply turning the vial upside down and knowing I can't extract every last bit honestly causes me something close to pain.

Then I remind myself that my stock is more than enough, I shouldn't be this OCD over it, and I could just chuck the vial with no drama. But that wouldn't be me. So.
Pens take care of that. Use one of these spacers to extract the remaining amount.




the top pen vial spacer, indeed



TL;DR: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LCXCN5W? = ideal pen spacers for 3ml vials. No, this isn't an affiliate link, and I have no affiliation or gain; who even is uxcell(tm)? ALRIGHT... I figure this is the smallest helpful piece of gear I can suggest: Anyone who uses injection pens...

View attachment 9921


GLP1Chat.com
I honestly don't understand how the pens function. It seems like there's more work upfront to get them ready, but then the daily injections become simpler? Do you throw away the glass cartridges after one use, or do you reuse them?
If there's any way to avoid reusing cartridges, definitely do that.

When my latest restock was delayed by the sled dog team, I ended up reusing one, and the plunger started sticking on the second go. It got misshapen, stuck to one side, and then the pen's plastic ratchet arm began to warp...

Since it wasn't budging, I cranked up a few more units, gave it another try, still nothing, added a few more, and then ZIP! all at once it fired, and I'd just accidentally dosed myself at 1.5x.

0 out of 10. Would not recommend.

Reusing needles brings the same problem. Left sitting for a week, some peptides will clog the needle, I think.

The ones I pin daily don't seem to have this issue, except for GHK-Cu, which I pin daily and it still does occasionally refuse to go. (Again, not recommending re-using needles, but desperate times, desperate measures, yada yada).
 
JonSpartan said:


ngl, AI has certainly been helpful. It is sort of funny, though, as I put my AI in a bind.

I told it, "Look, I am doing this with or without your help. If you do not help me, you are putting me at risk." Something like that lol. And it complied; answers all my questions, which I then have to fact check as best I can. For the most part, it's been helpful.

At times, much more helpful than, "Do YoUr ReSeArcH!" Like, I get that, but can you point me in the right direction 😄

Click to expand...
Since we're on the subject of getting steered the right way…

Someone ought to start a thread that decodes all the peptide-slang for those of us just starting out. Maybe one already exists — though I doubt typing "peptide-slang" into a search would turn up much.

Yes, I'm new, and sure, maybe I'm hunting for some kind of cheat code. And yeah, I realize that if anybody bothers to reply, the advice will most likely be: hang in there, keep reading, keep googling, and so on.

Fair enough. I'll do that.

🩶
 
INeedMyPandaPie said:


Speaking of being pointed in the right direction…

There needs to be a thread that interprets all of the peptide-slang for us newbies. Who knows, maybe there IS one, but I don’t think searching “peptide-slang” will yield many results.

I know I’m just new and maybe looking for a cheat code of some sort and I also know that if anyone responds to this they’ll probably just tell me to be patient and keep reading and googling, etc.

I get it. I will.

🩶

Click to expand...
Today the first kit of my life showed up, and I'm honestly over the moon about it!

Before this, I was in the compounded/telehealth space. Handing over just a small slice of what I used to pay, and getting enough product to last close to 12 months, was a genuinely great feeling.
 
randompersonrandom said:


If you buy one to try it, and a couple of five packs of cartridges, just know that you'll get them, load them up and then be right back on the website in a day or two to get plenty of carts, as many pens as you have peps, and basic pen supplies.

It's so similar to the bidet thing; where you if you order and install a bidet, you need to know that the DAY you do that is the day that toilet becomes the ONLY one you use until you have a bidet installed on every single other toilet in the house. Moving to a pen is like that, where the experience becomes so much easier and more pleasant and less fiddly that you're like "oh. The way I was doing it seemed just fine until I did this."

Click to expand...
Exactly this!
 
HouseCat said:


I had no idea what pen spacers were for…I thought they were something to convert Novo pens to regular cartridges or something—thanks!

I’ve just been drawing out the last few units of a cart that I can’t push out with a syringe. Excited to try this. I literally learn something new every day here. 😁

Click to expand...
Plus, you're able to 3D print loads of them!! 😀
 
PurpleSage said:


Annnnd you can 3D print a bunch of them!! 😀

Click to expand...
And I actually followed through! 😁





4f4f937441cc0aacb83a4263d9d755d1af9cc3d2eb89136b7ba315e5d7ba05de.webp
 
Slightly on-topic about bidets: While in Japan, where spotless bidets can be found just about anywhere—parks, dive bars, train stations included—I got a kick out of the fact that these bidets come with a setting, or a button, designed to play a "peeing" sound.

So many options exist, yet what's the point of that one? Does the quiet while pooping make people feel awkward? 😄
 
When it comes to pens, I feel the same way as I do about paying with crypto — it drags me into fresh, tangled chapters within the peptide universe that’s already a maze! I’m not convinced my brain has the stamina for it!
 
JonSpartan said:

Tomorrow marks the start of week 4 on my peptide regimen. Even after doing plenty of homework, consulting my physicians, and reading up on everything, plenty of things caught me off guard.

Anonymity lets me speak with total candor. The World Wide Web is great!

Protocol:

  • BPC 157, daily (500 mcg)
  • KPV, daily (500 mcg)
  • GHK-cu, daily (2mg)
  • TB 500, twice a week (2.5mg)
  • MOTS-c, twice a week (2.5mg)
Background: A loose bone was taken out of my AC Joint, and some minor debris was cleaned up in the shoulder; I went overboard with handstands without caution, and after stacking that up across many years, well, you end up with a loose bone in the AC Joint plus debris.

Just one week after the shoulder operation, I broke my foot (5th metatarsal, or near pinky toe). The break happened while I tried a trick jump roping with my nephew. I know. It sounds lame. Totally lame.

That put me completely out of commission, stuck on the couch. It sucks if you're really active.

The appeal of accelerating the healing process was very alluring. For the sake of sanity, this posts assumes I purchased from a reputable supplier that the majority of people on this forum would feel comfortable buying from.

I began the above protocol roughly 7 weeks after breaking my foot; 8 weeks after shoulder surgery. Progress: Shoulder is "ahead of schedule," while my foot is "on schedule."

Surprises:

  • My first try was putting BPC, KPV, and GHK into a single syringe; I had no idea how hard that would be. Because holy shit I didn't know drawing with a "loaded" syringe meant creating a black hole of suction when pinning into another vial. This resulted in mixing peptides with other peptides, which, as a newbie, meant the peptides ended up in the trash. I now pin each peptide separately. It works for me. You do you and whatnot.
  • What happens if you're near the end of your Bac Water? For example: if you have 1ml of Bac Water left, but need to reconstitute with a new peptide with 2ml, can you draw from a new, different bottle of Bac Water? I don't know, but did. The point is I didn't anticipate situations like this.
  • The first time I pinned 2.5mg of TB 500, I just jabbed it in glute and pushed. Boom, bam pow. 1, 2, 3. Didn't know that wasn't a good approach. I now inject more slowly ("One Mississippi, Two Mississippi," etc).
  • Sometimes AI is more helpful than people online. It's true.
  • You start to wonder if what you're doing is actually working. It's exciting when you start. But over time, you wonder if maybe you're naturally healing? Maybe the peptides are helping? Maybe it's still too early to tell? Did you do something wrong? Did you buy bunk peptides? These questions eventually run through your head, ngl.
  • If you don't use crypto, learning how is annoying.
  • I purchased MOTS-c because I needed to spend a little more to get free shipping. I don't know if it's doing anything, tbh, though I get a 5 minute histamine when pinning it twice a week. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • I keep track of every shot, every day, in a Google Doc. I take notes each day for anything I noticed. For example: Today I used a new Bac Water; I write that down. Strangely, this has also turned into journaling. I'll write stuff like, "Today is the World Cup and we want Spain to win." It's just a few words. Everyone says "journal every day," but who wants to do that? Tracking progress daily has resulted into this unexpected benefit. For me, at least.
  • You can get Bac Water for free.
Other:

I have a private IG with a very small following. That is intentional.

These people know how hard I train, know my current injuries. They know me. The range of people who follow me is unique: childhood friends to global c-suite execs. I made an IG Story (disappears after 24 hours) on my protocol: "I am taking this, this, and this to help heal accelerate the healing of my injury. Here is what this, this, and this, do." etc. Something like that. 60 seconds. And holy shit, I got such a wide range of DMs from all sorts of people. It was very surprising! I believe there is a large appetite for peptides, beyond "Rogan" fans; Diary of a CEO, for example, recently had an episode talking about peptides. Different cohorts of people are learning about "peptides" from a variety of sources they trust. And a lot of people are curious, but don't want to do all the work, get crypto, or reconstitute, etc. I do not blame for wanting a solution where they could just buy peptides from "Amazon," if you will, with everything set up, trusted, and ready to go. It's wild all of these peptides were legal just three years ago.

Feel free to flame me in the comments below; I view it as a sign of endearment.

Cheers 🥂
What's with the heat?? This is a fantastic post! I appreciate your energy, but maybe take it easy with the jump roping!! Just kidding, I love that you were being the fun uncle. I really like that you're putting your experiences out there for everyone
 
Newbie admissions? My very first reta vial came from a US reseller/drop-shipper — $150 for 10mg — and I mixed it with his bac water, then pinned it. Didn't filter. Didn't use alcohol wipes. The COA posted on his site was 2 years old.

I've got friends who keep doing exactly this and have for months lol. To them I'm the crazy one with all the crypto, filtering, sending vials off for testing, etc....you do you buddy!
 
jpru2001 said:

Newbie admissions? My very first reta vial came from a US reseller/drop-shipper — $150 for 10mg — and I mixed it with his bac water, then pinned it. Didn't filter. Didn't use alcohol wipes. The COA posted on his site was 2 years old.

I've got friends who keep doing exactly this and have for months lol. To them I'm the crazy one with all the crypto, filtering, sending vials off for testing, etc....you do you buddy!
My very first vial came from a random seller too, and it set me back the price of an entire kit. Back then I had no idea what a COA even was. I ordered BAC from Amazon, picked up the rest of the supplies, mixed the vial, and stored it in the fridge. Still, I'm thankful for that experience, since it showed me the ropes, and after that I came across this place along with other forums and TG. Not long ago I tossed that vial out so I'd have space for my peps that I understand better. The gray world earns its name not only from the legal side, but also because there's no way to be 100% certain what's inside your vials.
 
amosmylove said:


Might look into it for my husband. He is a wuss about needles. I have to do his weekly shot for him and I'm unimpressed with him for it lol. I'd like him to try kpv daily but he didn't want to be poked that often. Maybe a pen would help.

Click to expand...
That was the situation with my husband. I picked up a pair of V2s for him, and these days he's injecting himself 2 times per day.
 
Back
Top