Unexpected Perks After 3 Months of Tirz

GrandmaJ

Explorer
Joined
Jan 29, 2026
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
Napa2Oahu
I figured I'd post a progress report now that I've hit the 3 month mark with tirz. 15 pounds have come off, and sure, that's great, but the changes beyond weight loss are what really have me thrilled.

Every one of my inflammation problems has vanished. My knuckles are visible once more, there's no swelling in my ankles by evening, and I wake up without any aches or pains.

My blood pressure sits in a normal range and I'm not on medication for it.

Uneven blood sugar no longer causes dizzy spells.

My IBS symptoms cleared up in under a few days.

At my weekly happy hour meetup I struggle to get through 1/2 a glass of wine, whereas I used to drink at least 3.

Even once I hit my goal, I intend to stay on this forever. What unexpected benefits have the rest of you noticed?
 
GrandmaJ said:

I figured I'd post a progress report now that I've hit the 3 month mark with tirz. 15 pounds have come off, and sure, that's great, but the changes beyond weight loss are what really have me thrilled.

Every one of my inflammation problems has vanished. My knuckles are visible once more, there's no swelling in my ankles by evening, and I wake up without any aches or pains.

My blood pressure sits in a normal range and I'm not on medication for it.

Uneven blood sugar no longer causes dizzy spells.

My IBS symptoms cleared up in under a few days.

At my weekly happy hour meetup I struggle to get through 1/2 a glass of wine, whereas I used to drink at least 3.

Even once I hit my goal, I intend to stay on this forever. What unexpected benefits have the rest of you noticed?
Nice work on the weight loss!! For me as well, Tirz has felt like a miracle medication. Now that I've hit my goal weight, I'm in maintenance mode. When people wonder whether I'll ever quit it, my answer is that I'd only consider stopping if I started missing the debilitating arthritis, high blood sugar, and high blood pressure!! The one thing that worries me is the possibility of running out. That's exactly why I keep a massive stock pile.
 
GrandmaJ said:

I figured I'd post a progress report now that I've hit the 3 month mark with tirz. 15 pounds have come off, and sure, that's great, but the changes beyond weight loss are what really have me thrilled.

Every one of my inflammation problems has vanished. My knuckles are visible once more, there's no swelling in my ankles by evening, and I wake up without any aches or pains.

My blood pressure sits in a normal range and I'm not on medication for it.

Uneven blood sugar no longer causes dizzy spells.

My IBS symptoms cleared up in under a few days.

At my weekly happy hour meetup I struggle to get through 1/2 a glass of wine, whereas I used to drink at least 3.

Even once I hit my goal, I intend to stay on this forever. What unexpected benefits have the rest of you noticed?
Well done on moving toward your target! My reason for starting Tirz was the chance it could help with sleep apnea. The pressure setting on my CPAP has gone down a lot, and I believe reduced inflammation plays a big role in that. If it means I can avoid using CPAP every night, I am fine with staying on this drug for life. Beyond the weight loss, I also like that my cravings or wish for alcohol have gone down.
 
GrandmaJ said:

I figured I'd post a progress report now that I've hit the 3 month mark with tirz. 15 pounds have come off, and sure, that's great, but the changes beyond weight loss are what really have me thrilled.

Every one of my inflammation problems has vanished. My knuckles are visible once more, there's no swelling in my ankles by evening, and I wake up without any aches or pains.

My blood pressure sits in a normal range and I'm not on medication for it.

Uneven blood sugar no longer causes dizzy spells.

My IBS symptoms cleared up in under a few days.

At my weekly happy hour meetup I struggle to get through 1/2 a glass of wine, whereas I used to drink at least 3.

Even once I hit my goal, I intend to stay on this forever. What unexpected benefits have the rest of you noticed?
I've noticed a lot of the same positive changes. In 5 months I've dropped 48 lbs.

After a 3mi walk with the dog, I used to be in agony by the end of the day. Now it's just mild discomfort.

One BP medication was eliminated completely, and the other I halved the dose.

IBS-D was an issue for me, but Tirz took care of that as well.

There are some downsides, however:

My hair has been shedding quite a bit. This isn't directly from Tirz, but from the bad nutrition I had because I wasn't hungry. (I don't notice the hair loss, but the shower screen collects a lot, which never happened before). I've reduced the speed of my weight loss and upped my calories from 8-900 to around 1200.

I have the prickly skin sensation that many describe with Reta. (Like your arm was out the car window on the highway for an hour). It started when I went up to 7.5mg/wk. Over time it has gradually gotten better, even when I increased to 10mg.

Red wine is less enjoyable. Same with beer and cigars. Though those are probably good side effects disguised as bad ones.

Several episodes of Orthostatic Hypotension. I haven't fully passed out, but there have been many near misses. Again, this isn't from Tirz, but I seem to have lost the urge to drink water, which brings it on.

Here's a recent near miss. 1 minute apart, on left sitting, on right standing.





caa660373d43ba5ed302637877572950ee5ae5f8c239d22cdd542c8c658fb3b5.webp
 

Attachments

  • d9fa5e7af1109aea3516fb81e4b5ecdc12b7277ec48dede56be41145ce026d84.webp
    d9fa5e7af1109aea3516fb81e4b5ecdc12b7277ec48dede56be41145ce026d84.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 3
GrandmaJ said:

I figured I'd post a progress report now that I've hit the 3 month mark with tirz. 15 pounds have come off, and sure, that's great, but the changes beyond weight loss are what really have me thrilled.

Every one of my inflammation problems has vanished. My knuckles are visible once more, there's no swelling in my ankles by evening, and I wake up without any aches or pains.

My blood pressure sits in a normal range and I'm not on medication for it.

Uneven blood sugar no longer causes dizzy spells.

My IBS symptoms cleared up in under a few days.

At my weekly happy hour meetup I struggle to get through 1/2 a glass of wine, whereas I used to drink at least 3.

Even once I hit my goal, I intend to stay on this forever. What unexpected benefits have the rest of you noticed?
The inflammation thing, I get it. By the 2-month mark on Tirz, my knees were in better shape than at any point in the last 20 years. And at some point past 4 months, the pain in my wrist just vanished without explanation. As for alcohol, it's basically gone now. Honestly, I do sort of miss it.
 
Back
Top