Unable to determine whether it's food poisoning or intense side effects

iwillloseweight

Explorer
Joined
May 23, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
New York, NY
I've been injecting Reta for roughly 1 month, yet I haven't really experienced appetite suppression. Starting Thursday, eating leaves my stomach hurting, or I end up rushing to the toilet (apologies if that's too much information). I doubt I consumed something bad. Something similar occurred around 3 weeks back(?) as well. Is this Reta? As in, it causes you to eat far less because your body simply won't permit it? My last pin was Saturday, and I intend to pin again later tonight, but I'm unsure whether that's advisable while my stomach is somewhat messed up?

Edit: 5'5 165 lbs and 2mg pinned weekly (this was my 1st week at 2)
 
What's your dosage, and what on earth have you been eating? This is a new one to me, you might want to have a doctor take a look.
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've been injecting Reta for roughly 1 month, yet I haven't really experienced appetite suppression. Starting Thursday, eating leaves my stomach hurting, or I end up rushing to the toilet (apologies if that's too much information). I doubt I consumed something bad. Something similar occurred around 3 weeks back(?) as well. Is this Reta? As in, it causes you to eat far less because your body simply won't permit it? My last pin was Saturday, and I intend to pin again later tonight, but I'm unsure whether that's advisable while my stomach is somewhat messed up?

Edit: 5'5 165 lbs and 2mg pinned weekly (this was my 1st week at 2)
Reta isn't something I take. Still, share additional details—your weight, how you dose, any health conditions, and so on. That way, someone who's been through it might be able to figure out what's going on.
 
BNLFL said:

What's your dosage, and what on earth have you been eating? This is a new one to me, you might want to have a doctor take a look.
This week marked my first time taking 2 mg, and my meals have been fairly clean and balanced.
 
iwillloseweight said:

BNLFL said:

What's your dosage, and what on earth have you been eating? This is a new one to me, you might want to have a doctor take a look.
This week marked my first time taking 2 mg, and my meals have been fairly clean and balanced.

Greasy meals or overeating will definitely make me feel awful.

But if neither of those applies and the symptoms only showed up once you increased your dose, it might be worth dialing it back a little.

With reta, GI issues like this aren't rare — your body may simply need more time to adjust.

Did you just reconstitute a fresh vial, and could you have dosed higher than intended?

When this started, had you gone from 1.5 up to 2mg?
 
Skidude said:

iwillloseweight said:

BNLFL said:

What's your dosage, and what on earth have you been eating? This is a new one to me, you might want to have a doctor take a look.
This week marked my first time taking 2 mg, and my meals have been fairly clean and balanced.

Greasy meals or overeating will definitely make me feel awful.

But if neither of those applies and the symptoms only showed up once you increased your dose, it might be worth dialing it back a little.

With reta, GI issues like this aren't rare — your body may simply need more time to adjust.

Did you just reconstitute a fresh vial, and could you have dosed higher than intended?

When this started, had you gone from 1.5 up to 2mg?
No new vial was mixed, though my dose did increase from 1 to 2 mg. It has already been 7 days since the injection, and the symptoms only seemed to kick in around day 5?
 
QueenMuntha said:

Could this be Cyclospariasis? Which state are you in--that stuff is spreading like wildfire?
No pun intended there 😂

On a serious note, it's spreading, and they're advising everyone to wash all produce.
 
When I first gave Reta a shot, the exact same thing happened to me. The dose was 1mg, and within 24 hours the sprint-to-the-bathroom issue kicked in. This time around I began with 0.25mg, and so far there’s been no trouble. That said, I plan to stay at 0.25mg for 4 whole weeks before I even think about moving up to 0.5mg.
 
iwillloseweight said:

Skidude said:

iwillloseweight said:

BNLFL said:

What's your dosage, and what on earth have you been eating? This is a new one to me, you might want to have a doctor take a look.
This week marked my first time taking 2 mg, and my meals have been fairly clean and balanced.

Greasy meals or overeating will definitely make me feel awful.

But if neither of those applies and the symptoms only showed up once you increased your dose, it might be worth dialing it back a little.

With reta, GI issues like this aren't rare — your body may simply need more time to adjust.

Did you just reconstitute a fresh vial, and could you have dosed higher than intended?

When this started, had you gone from 1.5 up to 2mg?
No new vial was mixed, though my dose did increase from 1 to 2 mg. It has already been 7 days since the injection, and the symptoms only seemed to kick in around day 5?
Because it needs multiple weeks to accumulate in your body, and on top of that you didn't just raise your dose—you raised it starting from a larger amount.

For this week, I'd drop back down to 1mg and check how you respond.
 
iwillloseweight said:

I've been injecting Reta for roughly 1 month, yet I haven't really experienced appetite suppression. Starting Thursday, eating leaves my stomach hurting, or I end up rushing to the toilet (apologies if that's too much information). I doubt I consumed something bad. Something similar occurred around 3 weeks back(?) as well. Is this Reta? As in, it causes you to eat far less because your body simply won't permit it? My last pin was Saturday, and I intend to pin again later tonight, but I'm unsure whether that's advisable while my stomach is somewhat messed up?

Edit: 5'5 165 lbs and 2mg pinned weekly (this was my 1st week at 2)
Hold off on your dose for 1 or 2 days. If you feel alright by then, drop back to 1 mg each week. When you've only missed 1 or 2 days, it's fine to resume on your usual day. Suppose 2 weeks at 1 mg pass and you're doing well — then a trial of 1.5 mg per week for 4 weeks could be worth trying. I notice I'm recommending a slow pace. Still, your situation suggests the medication may be stronger than you need. A cautious, gradual plan that would be overkill for most people could suit you. Also, seek medical attention if your condition worsens significantly.
 
QueenMuntha said:

Could this be Cyclospariasis? Which state are you in--that stuff is spreading like wildfire?
I hope not

keangkong said:

iwillloseweight said:

I've been injecting Reta for roughly 1 month, yet I haven't really experienced appetite suppression. Starting Thursday, eating leaves my stomach hurting, or I end up rushing to the toilet (apologies if that's too much information). I doubt I consumed something bad. Something similar occurred around 3 weeks back(?) as well. Is this Reta? As in, it causes you to eat far less because your body simply won't permit it? My last pin was Saturday, and I intend to pin again later tonight, but I'm unsure whether that's advisable while my stomach is somewhat messed up?

Edit: 5'5 165 lbs and 2mg pinned weekly (this was my 1st week at 2)
Hold off on your dose for 1 or 2 days. If you feel alright by then, drop back to 1 mg each week. When you've only missed 1 or 2 days, it's fine to resume on your usual day. Suppose 2 weeks at 1 mg pass and you're doing well — then a trial of 1.5 mg per week for 4 weeks could be worth trying. I notice I'm recommending a slow pace. Still, your situation suggests the medication may be stronger than you need. A cautious, gradual plan that would be overkill for most people could suit you. Also, seek medical attention if your condition worsens significantly.
I started at .5 and have been titrating up by .5 each time, and the symptoms showed up once I got to 2, but thanks for the advice!
 
I belong to the group of people who just can't handle reta due to stomach problems. Even at the smallest dose, 1 mg, which I kept up for several months, things never improved. Each time I ended up feeling awful and throwing up for 4 days afterward.

No two people react the same way. Don't put yourself through misery for too long.
 
BNLFL said:

I have no idea what's going on.
When was your first experience with this?

Is it possible you just mixed up a fresh vial and dosed too high?

If this started after going from 50 to 100mg, maybe ease off the pace, drop back down to 60 mg, and give it a month or even longer before pushing again.

No need to stress! You're not disappearing on us. We always manage to find you again. Have you given google maps a shot? Would you like us to track you down?
 
skaylife said:

BNLFL said:

I have no idea what's going on.
When was your first experience with this?

Is it possible you just mixed up a fresh vial and dosed too high?

If this started after going from 50 to 100mg, maybe ease off the pace, drop back down to 60 mg, and give it a month or even longer before pushing again.

No need to stress! You're not disappearing on us. We always manage to find you again. Have you given google maps a shot? Would you like us to track you down?
Hahahaha. Being old, who knows what the heck I do. Asking the nurses in the facility is what I will need to do.

Honestly, the OP lost me there, and then edited it.
 
BNLFL said:

skaylife said:

BNLFL said:

I have no idea what's going on.
When was your first experience with this?

Is it possible you just mixed up a fresh vial and dosed too high?

If this started after going from 50 to 100mg, maybe ease off the pace, drop back down to 60 mg, and give it a month or even longer before pushing again.

No need to stress! You're not disappearing on us. We always manage to find you again. Have you given google maps a shot? Would you like us to track you down?
Hahahaha. Being old, who knows what the heck I do. Asking the nurses in the facility is what I will need to do.

Honestly, the OP lost me there, and then edited it.
sorry for the mix-up 😭
 
A few weeks back I caught a stomach bug, and it was awful. I think the GLP made things worse. I won't rule out that it could be food poisoning or a stomach virus combined with a dose accumulating in your system. A dose tends to reach its peak in your body at about 3-4 weeks.
 
A parasite is spreading across the US through uncooked produce, such as salads and berries, though those aren't the only sources.
 
Back
Top