U.S. labs fast and trusted

Cmoney

Explorer
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
I work for one of the larger steam ship lines and have been in supply chain and logistics for 20+ years and have dealt with lots of pharma companies U.S. based and abroad. Saying all that to say this.. I went to Chinese Pharma manufacturer I’m familiar with. Has all the certifications etc. They’re pretty unfront on what they produce and what they source. Therefore I purchased a gram of triz from their catalog (produced by them) I have their COA and Chroma report, batch matches etc. Now I would like to find a U.S. based fast trusted lab to test. Some take 2-3 weeks, some over a month. Knowing a handful of popular ones giving out bad tests. I requested info from MZ BT and ASM. But are there any in TX that turn results in a few days? I can’t use all this but not willing to share without additional testing. I tried some. And I’m positive it’s real but my word means nothing. Im also wondering my request for separation cause another round of lyophilization possibly causing more degradation as it has an iridescent appearance which can be heat or incorrect lyophilization. I’m not using Fin or Jano. I’m aware of freedom. Any others?
 
Blueeyedme said:


Freedom or TrustPointe would be my choices for US based labs.

Click to expand...
Who do you like better? I just used freedom and they were excellent. TrustPointe is expensive.

Bill
 
I'm about to give Freedom a try. They're 30 min from me so I can take samples direct to them. Many of the groups I'm in are transitioning to them instead of Jano (lots of delays and price increases)
 
Whiynot20026 said:


Who do you like better? I just used freedom and they were excellent. TrustPointe is expensive.

Bill

Click to expand...
I don’t have a frame of reference. I’d like to ensure net content, purity, correct sequence. Not sure how to verify the sequence. I think I saw freedom saying 225.00. I think trust point is longer turn around and 300.00
 
Cmoney said:


I work for one of the larger steam ship lines and have been in supply chain and logistics for 20+ years and have dealt with lots of pharma companies U.S. based and abroad. Saying all that to say this.. I went to Chinese Pharma manufacturer I’m familiar with. Has all the certifications etc. They’re pretty unfront on what they produce and what they source. Therefore I purchased a gram of triz from their catalog (produced by them) I have their COA and Chroma report, batch matches etc. Now I would like to find a U.S. based fast trusted lab to test. Some take 2-3 weeks, some over a month. Knowing a handful of popular ones giving out bad tests. I requested info from MZ BT and ASM. But are there any in TX that turn results in a few days? I can’t use all this but not willing to share without additional testing. I tried some. And I’m positive it’s real but my word means nothing. Im also wondering my request for separation cause another round of lyophilization possibly causing more degradation as it has an iridescent appearance which can be heat or incorrect lyophilization. I’m not using Fin or Jano. I’m aware of freedom. Any others?

Click to expand...
I’ve heard Chromate Labs mentioned before, but they seem pretty pricy and no idea about their turnaround time, but just throwing it out there as another option.

What kind of containers are those? They look like screw tops? How do you reconstitute with them? (Maybe they’re vials and I just can’t see clearly with the plastic wrap)
 
Whiynot20026 said:


Who do you like better? I just used freedom and they were excellent. TrustPointe is expensive.

Bill

Click to expand...

In my opinion, TrustPointe is the US based “gold standard”. Freedom Diagnostics is my current favorite.
 
You're asking for a lot

5009c999887388a7da8a22f76c2201406a954a899fec29f829b7ada90ec2e08a.webp
 

Attachments

  • 3b35d2b6d7ab73ff18c47f5671bb4bdb6786a8ab63e516ede34ba099c032eb43.webp
    3b35d2b6d7ab73ff18c47f5671bb4bdb6786a8ab63e516ede34ba099c032eb43.webp
    3 KB · Views: 1
I've used Freedom a handful of times now for M/P and Endo and am always very pleased. Cheap for me to ship there (TN) and most always receive reports 2 business days after the samples are received. $400 for both tests including net content, which is good in comparison.
 
I just recently did a vial of Tirz with Finn_rick and was like "Welp.. all in..."

They are finally testing it, and I sent it in mid June.. Yikes

I keep learning so much form you guys and what to and not to do... ¯\(ツ)/¯

I'll look into Freedom next time I guess 😭😭 (Please be gentle on me tho....)
 
Cmoney said:


I work for one of the larger steam ship lines and have been in supply chain and logistics for 20+ years and have dealt with lots of pharma companies U.S. based and abroad. Saying all that to say this.. I went to Chinese Pharma manufacturer I’m familiar with. Has all the certifications etc. They’re pretty unfront on what they produce and what they source. Therefore I purchased a gram of triz from their catalog (produced by them) I have their COA and Chroma report, batch matches etc. Now I would like to find a U.S. based fast trusted lab to test. Some take 2-3 weeks, some over a month. Knowing a handful of popular ones giving out bad tests. I requested info from MZ BT and ASM. But are there any in TX that turn results in a few days? I can’t use all this but not willing to share without additional testing. I tried some. And I’m positive it’s real but my word means nothing. Im also wondering my request for separation cause another round of lyophilization possibly causing more degradation as it has an iridescent appearance which can be heat or incorrect lyophilization. I’m not using Fin or Jano. I’m aware of freedom. Any others?

Click to expand...
Where’d you get peps in those vials from 🤔
 
endlrls said:


I just recently did a vial of Tirz with Finn_rick and was like "Welp.. all in..."

They are finally testing it, and I sent it in mid June.. Yikes

I keep learning so much form you guys and what to and not to do... ¯\(ツ)/¯

I'll look into Freedom next time I guess 😭😭 (Please be gentle on me tho....)

Click to expand...
I used them for $120 and got a zero content result. Because of bad reviews here spent a second $225 to send to Freedom (who was fast and great service btw) and got the same exact result. Anecdotal I know but my experience.
 
I used Freedom for full panel testing of Terz, and they had the results back in two days. My sample's results were great, but something I didn't like is that the endotoxin test result was a simple "Pass", along with the explanation. "Endotoxin testing performed using Limulus Amebocyte Lysate assay in accordance with USP <85> under validated laboratory conditions." The email also included a summary of the COA, with the result for endotoxins stating "No Endotoxin Detected." (Note that Jano reports EU/vial, and I was kind of expecting the same.)

So, I sent them an email asking what "Pass" meant, and their response was:

"We perform endotoxin testing using a rapid LAL assay in accordance with USP <85>. Results are reported as pass/fail and are not reported as a percentage. A result of "No Endotoxin Detected" indicates the sample passed endotoxin screening under the conditions tested."

I sent a follow-up email asking what endotoxin level, in EU/mL, corresponded to a failing result under their USP <85> rapid LAL method. And their response was:

"The acceptable endotoxin limit is determined based on the specific product and its intended use. Since our laboratory performs testing on research-use-only (RUO) materials, we report the measured endotoxin result in EU/mL on the Certificate of Analysis rather than assigning a pass or fail against a predefined specification. If a customer has an established acceptance criterion, we can compare the measured result against that specification upon request."

Yeah, pretty confusing. Anyway, my recommendation is, if you want an endotoxin test performed by Freedom, request that EU/ml be reported as well as a Pass/Fail.
 
shirasu893 said:


I used Freedom for full panel testing of Terz, and they had the results back in two days. My sample's results were great, but something I didn't like is that the endotoxin test result was a simple "Pass", along with the explanation. "Endotoxin testing performed using Limulus Amebocyte Lysate assay in accordance with USP <85> under validated laboratory conditions." The email also included a summary of the COA, with the result for endotoxins stating "No Endotoxin Detected." (Note that Jano reports EU/vial, and I was kind of expecting the same.)

So, I sent them an email asking what "Pass" meant, and their response was:

"We perform endotoxin testing using a rapid LAL assay in accordance with USP <85>. Results are reported as pass/fail and are not reported as a percentage. A result of "No Endotoxin Detected" indicates the sample passed endotoxin screening under the conditions tested."

I sent a follow-up email asking what endotoxin level, in EU/mL, corresponded to a failing result under their USP <85> rapid LAL method. And their response was:

"The acceptable endotoxin limit is determined based on the specific product and its intended use. Since our laboratory performs testing on research-use-only (RUO) materials, we report the measured endotoxin result in EU/mL on the Certificate of Analysis rather than assigning a pass or fail against a predefined specification. If a customer has an established acceptance criterion, we can compare the measured result against that specification upon request."

Yeah, pretty confusing. Anyway, my recommendation is, if you want an endotoxin test performed by Freedom, request that EU/ml be reported as well as a Pass/Fail.

Click to expand...
That sounds a little shady to me.. I use to use Freedom, but stuff like this has been having me searching for someone else.

I just used AFi, they seem decent.
 
Tirzmonkey said:


I used them for $120 and got a zero content result. Because of bad reviews here spent a second $225 to send to Freedom (who was fast and great service btw) and got the same exact result. Anecdotal I know but my experience.

Click to expand...
Yeah, it's really like anything else here.. at first you "just don't' know" who to trust or where to go.

I've got not problem spending the money but it's the fact that you just feel scammed..

I'm still waiting on this vial, it's in testing Day #6 right now. (Thanks Finn_rick)

Really, if we take a step back and look out, it would not be the first time this has happened in the "Research Only" scene.
 
My Freedom COAs have pass/fail for Endo also, and note the USP 85 method, but also show the Assay Sensitivity: ≤0.05 EU/mL, and my understanding was/is that pass means the sample is less than 0.05 Endotoxin Units per milliliter. If I'm right, and it's a pass , that's plenty good for me. If it's a fail, I would want to know the actual eu/ml or vial reading so I could determine whether I'm still comfortable. Fortunately I've never had a fail, but it is good to point out. Nothing I've seen though or experienced with Freedom is shady. Jano has set the standard now for certain things that not all labs, especially those not catering to our gray community the way Jano does, is going to do the exact same way (though should still be using generally accepted lab standards if a proper lab). If you have the time and money to use Jano, I get it. If not, we're all just weighing what some data (and time to receive the data) is worth to us versus none. Peptide Test is another US lab that I've read good things about and some groups use but is a little pricier so I've stuck with Freedom.
 
Cmoney said:


Therefore I purchased a gram of triz from their catalog (produced by them) I have their COA and Chroma report, batch matches etc.

Click to expand...
I know you only asked for testing information, but I want to address this.

Am I to understand that you purchased a gram of raws? That is what the above picture looks like. I want you to be aware that injecting unlyophilized raws is very dangerous. They are usually full of bacteria that the lyophilization process takes care of. The freeze drying process is very important to inject-able meds. Not to mention that unless you have the right (read: precise) equipment, weighing and dosing is likely going to create an overdose situation.
 
CandyCap said:


I know you only asked for testing information, but I want to address this.

Am I to understand that you purchased a gram of raws? That is what the above picture looks like. I want you to be aware that injecting unlyophilized raws is very dangerous. They are usually full of bacteria that the lyophilization process takes care of. The freeze drying process is very important to inject-able meds. Not to mention that unless you have the right (read: precise) equipment, weighing and dosing is likely going to create an overdose situation.

Click to expand...
Lyophilization does not take care of bacteria. That gets addressed in the finishing process prior to lyophilization by sterile filtration, which is something you can do at home.

Getting accurate measurements so that you can dose properly is going to be an issue though.
 
SVT810E said:


Lyophilization does not take care of bacteria. That gets addressed in the finishing process prior to lyophilization by sterile filtration, which is something you can do at home.

Getting accurate measurements so that you can dose properly is going to be an issue though.

Click to expand...
It is all part of the process to make inject-able meds safe. The point still stands: DO NOT INJECT RAW MATERIAL
 
Back
Top