Two Years Later: Meniscus and Osteoarthritis Changes

jw717us

Explorer
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
 
jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
When it comes to easing my pain, the only thing that has mattered more than the GLP-1's is Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (PPS). Technically it isn't a peptide; it's an older bladder drug that has been repurposed, and for Arthritis it performs really well. My Longevity Dr. prescribes it, and the compounding pharmacy he partners with fills it. You inject it 2X per week, it acts as a mild blood thinner, and a 6 week course costs roughly $250. For most people the relief holds for about a year. I've completed 2 courses so far, and on both occasions the pain returned after 3 weeks. Regular Arthritis medications aren't an option for me, which is what led me to try this. Picture it as Cartalax on steroids. Right now it's in stage 3 trials across the US & Australia, aiming for market release within the next year or two. Horses and dogs have received it for quite some time, and my own dog is on it.

Both of my knees have been replaced, and I'm not much older than you. For the replacement, keeping the weight off was essential - replacement knee 15-20 years down the road. You brought up a knee replacement lasting only 10 years?
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
When it comes to easing my pain, the only thing that has mattered more than the GLP-1's is Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (PPS). Technically it isn't a peptide; it's an older bladder drug that has been repurposed, and for Arthritis it performs really well. My Longevity Dr. prescribes it, and the compounding pharmacy he partners with fills it. You inject it 2X per week, it acts as a mild blood thinner, and a 6 week course costs roughly $250. For most people the relief holds for about a year. I've completed 2 courses so far, and on both occasions the pain returned after 3 weeks. Regular Arthritis medications aren't an option for me, which is what led me to try this. Picture it as Cartalax on steroids. Right now it's in stage 3 trials across the US & Australia, aiming for market release within the next year or two. Horses and dogs have received it for quite some time, and my own dog is on it.

Both of my knees have been replaced, and I'm not much older than you. For the replacement, keeping the weight off was essential - replacement knee 15-20 years down the road. You brought up a knee replacement lasting only 10 years?
PPS has caught my attention and I'm in the process of learning more. As things stand, I don't have a doctor who prioritizes longevity, and the single clinic in my area operates like an exclusive, membership-only outfit. From what I've seen people mention, going through veterinary channels is the other option, though that strikes me as a dubious workaround at best.

What I said about knee replacement came straight from two orthopedic specialists. Since I didn't know any different, I took it as unquestionable. I'll need to dig into that further. Appreciate you pointing me in another direction!
 
Sounds like you're giving your knees more support through weight loss and staying more active (cycling and leg work). My Dr brought up injections with me. They help for a certain length of time, then you need another one, and that second one only lasts roughly half as long as the first, and it keeps going that way. On top of that, once you've had an injection, you have to wait 6 months before any kind of surgical repair.

Because of my job, my knees reached grade 4 chondromalacia and both had to be replaced to make life better... and yes, to get rid of the pain. When the replacements were done, there were things/activities that had to be avoided, stopped or slowed down (skiing, in your case). The cartilage was gone, completely bone on bone, and I ended up bowl legged; after the replacements I stand corrected and likely gained about 1.5 inches in height. I really wish peptides had come onto my radar much earlier, since 800mg Ibuprofen X3 times a day stopped working.

Stick with the cycling and leg training and keep building those supporting muscles! Delay surgery(replacements) for as long as you possibly can! I genuinely know what pain is, I'm sure @RubbaDubba1 can back that up, and that procedure is something you only want to go through once! They told me they last 15-20 years, depending on how active you are. Be sure to check in once you reach your goal weight!
 
igottapee said:

Sounds like you're giving your knees more support through weight loss and staying more active (cycling and leg work). My Dr brought up injections with me. They help for a certain length of time, then you need another one, and that second one only lasts roughly half as long as the first, and it keeps going that way. On top of that, once you've had an injection, you have to wait 6 months before any kind of surgical repair.

Because of my job, my knees reached grade 4 chondromalacia and both had to be replaced to make life better... and yes, to get rid of the pain. When the replacements were done, there were things/activities that had to be avoided, stopped or slowed down (skiing, in your case). The cartilage was gone, completely bone on bone, and I ended up bowl legged; after the replacements I stand corrected and likely gained about 1.5 inches in height. I really wish peptides had come onto my radar much earlier, since 800mg Ibuprofen X3 times a day stopped working.

Stick with the cycling and leg training and keep building those supporting muscles! Delay surgery(replacements) for as long as you possibly can! I genuinely know what pain is, I'm sure @RubbaDubba1 can back that up, and that procedure is something you only want to go through once! They told me they last 15-20 years, depending on how active you are. Be sure to check in once you reach your goal weight!
That advice seems solid from direct experience. I really valued it!
 
jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
My situation isn't far off from yours - osteoporosis is something I deal with, and I'm currently on a waitlist for ligament reconstruction in both of my knees. On the left knee it's a high grade 3 ACL tear, and on the right it's the MCL.

There are several other conditions in the mix as well.

I came to the sub looking for Tirz support, but the deeper I dig, the more curious I get about other peptides I had no idea were even a thing, ones that could help with my other conditions too.

My T60 supplier is sorted, so once I feel confident I've got the process down, I'll give it a go. Should that work out, I plan to explore the other pepts for my knee ligaments and muscles. Right now leg braces make workouts tough, so I've only been using small 3kg and 5kg weights to build myself up toward better health. Still beats doing nothing!
 
Phoenix_Vixen said:

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
My situation isn't far off from yours - osteoporosis is something I deal with, and I'm currently on a waitlist for ligament reconstruction in both of my knees. On the left knee it's a high grade 3 ACL tear, and on the right it's the MCL.

There are several other conditions in the mix as well.

I came to the sub looking for Tirz support, but the deeper I dig, the more curious I get about other peptides I had no idea were even a thing, ones that could help with my other conditions too.

My T60 supplier is sorted, so once I feel confident I've got the process down, I'll give it a go. Should that work out, I plan to explore the other pepts for my knee ligaments and muscles. Right now leg braces make workouts tough, so I've only been using small 3kg and 5kg weights to build myself up toward better health. Still beats doing nothing!
If that sounds useful, I can put together the full supplement list I built to go along with the peptides, plus the workout schedule. I experimented with a few AIs and also talked things over with an ortho specialist.
 
jw717us said:

Phoenix_Vixen said:

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
My situation isn't far off from yours - osteoporosis is something I deal with, and I'm currently on a waitlist for ligament reconstruction in both of my knees. On the left knee it's a high grade 3 ACL tear, and on the right it's the MCL.

There are several other conditions in the mix as well.

I came to the sub looking for Tirz support, but the deeper I dig, the more curious I get about other peptides I had no idea were even a thing, ones that could help with my other conditions too.

My T60 supplier is sorted, so once I feel confident I've got the process down, I'll give it a go. Should that work out, I plan to explore the other pepts for my knee ligaments and muscles. Right now leg braces make workouts tough, so I've only been using small 3kg and 5kg weights to build myself up toward better health. Still beats doing nothing!
If that sounds useful, I can put together the full supplement list I built to go along with the peptides, plus the workout schedule. I experimented with a few AIs and also talked things over with an ortho specialist.
I'd like to see that list too … my main goal is tackling arthritis and trying to encourage cartilage
 
jw717us said:

Phoenix_Vixen said:

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
My situation isn't far off from yours - osteoporosis is something I deal with, and I'm currently on a waitlist for ligament reconstruction in both of my knees. On the left knee it's a high grade 3 ACL tear, and on the right it's the MCL.

There are several other conditions in the mix as well.

I came to the sub looking for Tirz support, but the deeper I dig, the more curious I get about other peptides I had no idea were even a thing, ones that could help with my other conditions too.

My T60 supplier is sorted, so once I feel confident I've got the process down, I'll give it a go. Should that work out, I plan to explore the other pepts for my knee ligaments and muscles. Right now leg braces make workouts tough, so I've only been using small 3kg and 5kg weights to build myself up toward better health. Still beats doing nothing!
If that sounds useful, I can put together the full supplement list I built to go along with the peptides, plus the workout schedule. I experimented with a few AIs and also talked things over with an ortho specialist.
Honestly, having a list to check out would be great.

Right now I'm on oral supplements, and they're not helping much. Especially when it comes to the pain and the aching.
 
jw717us said:

Phoenix_Vixen said:

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
My situation isn't far off from yours - osteoporosis is something I deal with, and I'm currently on a waitlist for ligament reconstruction in both of my knees. On the left knee it's a high grade 3 ACL tear, and on the right it's the MCL.

There are several other conditions in the mix as well.

I came to the sub looking for Tirz support, but the deeper I dig, the more curious I get about other peptides I had no idea were even a thing, ones that could help with my other conditions too.

My T60 supplier is sorted, so once I feel confident I've got the process down, I'll give it a go. Should that work out, I plan to explore the other pepts for my knee ligaments and muscles. Right now leg braces make workouts tough, so I've only been using small 3kg and 5kg weights to build myself up toward better health. Still beats doing nothing!
If that sounds useful, I can put together the full supplement list I built to go along with the peptides, plus the workout schedule. I experimented with a few AIs and also talked things over with an ortho specialist.
An HTO has been recommended to me in a few years due to a full thickness tear on the tibia, and once that cartilage deteriorates, a knee replacement would follow.

My goal is to put that off for as long as I can and continue running. For the past few months I've been using the Wolverine stack, and now KLOW has caught my attention.

It would be awesome if you could share your workout. Right now I try to take fish oil, a multivitamin and glucosamine daily. Chondroitin was dropped years ago since not many studies demonstrate any real benefit.
 
jw717us said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

jw717us said:

I wrote about how Selank affected me in a different thread, and now I want to cover the second half of why I've come to value peptides so much.

Back when my kid was young, I signed up for martial arts with them instead of spending hours each week sitting around. We earned our blackbelts (the kind from a strip-mall TKD place 😉, but then some military folks joined once the school added BJJ. Sessions got more aggressive, and by my 40s I wasn't thrilled that 26-year-old infantry guys were targeting knees and going for easy takedowns. My knees weren't happy about it, and neither was I.

That eventually resulted in meniscus surgery to fix the harm. I had faith in the surgeon, who had done amazing work on a badly torn rotator cuff years earlier. This time, though, he never mentioned that osteoarthritis was a probable result and would speed up significantly. Years down the line, that knee now crackles like a bowl of rice krispees on stairs. I've consulted 2 additional doctors, and every one of them asks why that operation was ever suggested. They also offered nothing else besides injections for a few years and then a knee replacement lasting roughly 10 years. I only get two of those. I had to extend that timeline somehow…

Once Tirz for weight loss showed me what peptides could do, I began looking into support for it. I overpaid for telehealth subscription prescriptions for NAD+ and Semorelin. Both of those made a massive difference in my GLP-assisted weight loss compared with my wife and two other friends who began at the same time. All 3 of them have dropped about 20% in weight but lost fat and muscle evenly. With those two peptides plus exercise, I've been able to shed fat while adding the same percentage of muscle. In practice, I'm down 45 pounds but kept my muscle mass.

Then I turned to the knee…. I began with BPC/TB, and later, after learning more, switched to KLOW. I looked into other related supplements and now take collagen, glucosamine/chondroitin, and a few others. I've kept this up for 3 months along with leg training and biking.

The outcome? Two years back, at a ski resort in Canada, I could hardly finish a 5 mile green run because of knee and leg pain. I was holding up my wife, daughter, and FIL. Every single day I had to quit early. It was humiliating.

Now, today, it feels like 15 years have been lifted off my shoulders. I ski 5-6 hours daily. Unless I hit something VERY wrong, I feel nothing. I'm outskiing my teenager and family in a way I never did before. I've increased KLOW to morning and evening daily for recovery, and I wake up with legs that feel good and ready to go.

I'm just posting this in case anyone else is asking whether this can help. I still have 3 more days of skiing, so we'll see how it goes!

Looking ahead, I'm also thinking about AOD9604 and Cartalax but not ready to commit year. I need to read much more about both.
When it comes to easing my pain, the only thing that has mattered more than the GLP-1's is Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium (PPS). Technically it isn't a peptide; it's an older bladder drug that has been repurposed, and for Arthritis it performs really well. My Longevity Dr. prescribes it, and the compounding pharmacy he partners with fills it. You inject it 2X per week, it acts as a mild blood thinner, and a 6 week course costs roughly $250. For most people the relief holds for about a year. I've completed 2 courses so far, and on both occasions the pain returned after 3 weeks. Regular Arthritis medications aren't an option for me, which is what led me to try this. Picture it as Cartalax on steroids. Right now it's in stage 3 trials across the US & Australia, aiming for market release within the next year or two. Horses and dogs have received it for quite some time, and my own dog is on it.

Both of my knees have been replaced, and I'm not much older than you. For the replacement, keeping the weight off was essential - replacement knee 15-20 years down the road. You brought up a knee replacement lasting only 10 years?
PPS has caught my attention and I'm in the process of learning more. As things stand, I don't have a doctor who prioritizes longevity, and the single clinic in my area operates like an exclusive, membership-only outfit. From what I've seen people mention, going through veterinary channels is the other option, though that strikes me as a dubious workaround at best.

What I said about knee replacement came straight from two orthopedic specialists. Since I didn't know any different, I took it as unquestionable. I'll need to dig into that further. Appreciate you pointing me in another direction!
Because of a past weight loss operation, Aleve and Celebrex are off limits for me. Whenever I stop the PPS, my arthritis discomfort returns with a vengeance. I completed the loading dose, yet needed 100 units weekly simply to keep things steady. A hernia operation is coming up, so everything had to be paused 2 weeks ago, and now I see just how much the PPS helps me. Staying on it permanently might mean rearranging my budget, but if you look into it, this stuff really is that effective.

gottapee is correct—put off a knee replacement for as long as possible. Mine was done at a very young age. I got a serious talking-to about my weight and needing a 2nd replacement down the road (assuming I make it that far😉). I was nearly 600lbs, and discovering the PPS has been like night and day! Wishing you the best
 
I'd like to check out that list too. After roughly 20 years in BJJ, twisting my neck fully to the left or right still brings pain—all those reps escaping 10 million headlocks, haha. Still, I did get to watch Al - bundy, and what a story that turned out to be....
 
The full list is below



UC-II Collagen40mg each day (9pm)Through oral tolerance, inflammation gets suppressed; within 90 days there was 73% better pain/stiffness/functionBoswellia serrata300mg each day (75% AKBA)Cartilage volume and thickness rose, confirmed by MRI; cartilage degradation markers drop 50-60%Curcumin/Turmeric500mg each day (Meriva)Cartilage is protected by way of NF-κB inhibition; at 12 months, MRI showed better cartilage stiffness/surfaceBPC-157500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen II synthesis, angiogenesis and tissue repair are stimulated; trials showed 87.5% knee pain improvementTB-500500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Angiogenesis and macrophage polarization toward tissue repair; weeks 1-2 bring pain reduction, weeks 5-8 functional restorationGHK-Cu2.5mg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen/cartilage matrix synthesis is upregulated; inflammatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-6) are reducedHyaluronic Acid250mg oral each dayJoint lubrication, synovial health, cartilage hydration; each intra-articular injection dose lasts 6-12 monthsCreatine Monohydrate5g each day (in Huel)Muscle strength (quadriceps/stabilization); abnormal loading stress is lowered, which indirectly protects jointsBovine Collagen Peptides10g each day (in coffee)Type I/III collagen amino acids; general connective tissue is supported; works synergistically with UC-II
 
Last summer, during a hike, I injured my Achilles. Recovery was slow, and even after it seemed better, discomfort kept flaring up intermittently whenever I pushed the Achilles too hard—whether on regular walks or during leg workouts at the gym. Then, in November of last year, I started GLOW/KLOW. Since then, I haven't felt any Achilles pain at all. Honestly, that outcome caught me off guard; I hadn't anticipated such a fast improvement, especially since my dosing has been every day but on the lower end of what's considered therapeutic.
 
jw717us said:

The full list is below



UC-II Collagen40mg each day (9pm)Through oral tolerance, inflammation gets suppressed; within 90 days there was 73% better pain/stiffness/functionBoswellia serrata300mg each day (75% AKBA)Cartilage volume and thickness rose, confirmed by MRI; cartilage degradation markers drop 50-60%Curcumin/Turmeric500mg each day (Meriva)Cartilage is protected by way of NF-κB inhibition; at 12 months, MRI showed better cartilage stiffness/surfaceBPC-157500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen II synthesis, angiogenesis and tissue repair are stimulated; trials showed 87.5% knee pain improvementTB-500500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Angiogenesis and macrophage polarization toward tissue repair; weeks 1-2 bring pain reduction, weeks 5-8 functional restorationGHK-Cu2.5mg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen/cartilage matrix synthesis is upregulated; inflammatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-6) are reducedHyaluronic Acid250mg oral each dayJoint lubrication, synovial health, cartilage hydration; each intra-articular injection dose lasts 6-12 monthsCreatine Monohydrate5g each day (in Huel)Muscle strength (quadriceps/stabilization); abnormal loading stress is lowered, which indirectly protects jointsBovine Collagen Peptides10g each day (in coffee)Type I/III collagen amino acids; general connective tissue is supported; works synergistically with UC-II
I was hoping to get an update from you on how you're doing. What's the current state of your knees? Last week I received a diagnosis of arthritis in my right knee, and I'm set on doing everything possible to support it, so that surgery stays far off for us.
 
Jittrbug said:

jw717us said:

The full list is below



UC-II Collagen40mg each day (9pm)Through oral tolerance, inflammation gets suppressed; within 90 days there was 73% better pain/stiffness/functionBoswellia serrata300mg each day (75% AKBA)Cartilage volume and thickness rose, confirmed by MRI; cartilage degradation markers drop 50-60%Curcumin/Turmeric500mg each day (Meriva)Cartilage is protected by way of NF-κB inhibition; at 12 months, MRI showed better cartilage stiffness/surfaceBPC-157500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen II synthesis, angiogenesis and tissue repair are stimulated; trials showed 87.5% knee pain improvementTB-500500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Angiogenesis and macrophage polarization toward tissue repair; weeks 1-2 bring pain reduction, weeks 5-8 functional restorationGHK-Cu2.5mg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen/cartilage matrix synthesis is upregulated; inflammatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-6) are reducedHyaluronic Acid250mg oral each dayJoint lubrication, synovial health, cartilage hydration; each intra-articular injection dose lasts 6-12 monthsCreatine Monohydrate5g each day (in Huel)Muscle strength (quadriceps/stabilization); abnormal loading stress is lowered, which indirectly protects jointsBovine Collagen Peptides10g each day (in coffee)Type I/III collagen amino acids; general connective tissue is supported; works synergistically with UC-II
I was hoping to get an update from you on how you're doing. What's the current state of your knees? Last week I received a diagnosis of arthritis in my right knee, and I'm set on doing everything possible to support it, so that surgery stays far off for us.
Alright, I've been absent because of a new job plus house projects, and only now do I have a little free time to drop back in.

What makes me glad is that things are either holding steady or getting better. Strength and stability in my knees have climbed a lot. The winter ski season turned out great. Climbing stairs, I still get crepitis in 1 knee.

At the start of this month I fell and came down hard on both knees against concrete. I visited a same day ortho clinic, where they did a complete set of xrays for both knees. When those xrays from this month are put next to last February's, the knees look stable and OA does not appear to have progressed.

Next month I see a doctor for a follow-up. I'm thinking about raising PPS or Cartalax, to find out whether anything else could be added to slow the trend down, or possibly even turn it around. Given the multiple meniscus tears, at 53 I'll take whatever I can get.
 
Hi

jw717us said:

Jittrbug said:

jw717us said:

The full list is below



UC-II Collagen40mg each day (9pm)Through oral tolerance, inflammation gets suppressed; within 90 days there was 73% better pain/stiffness/functionBoswellia serrata300mg each day (75% AKBA)Cartilage volume and thickness rose, confirmed by MRI; cartilage degradation markers drop 50-60%Curcumin/Turmeric500mg each day (Meriva)Cartilage is protected by way of NF-κB inhibition; at 12 months, MRI showed better cartilage stiffness/surfaceBPC-157500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen II synthesis, angiogenesis and tissue repair are stimulated; trials showed 87.5% knee pain improvementTB-500500mcg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Angiogenesis and macrophage polarization toward tissue repair; weeks 1-2 bring pain reduction, weeks 5-8 functional restorationGHK-Cu2.5mg SubQ each day (30 days on/14 off)Collagen/cartilage matrix synthesis is upregulated; inflammatory cytokines (TNF-α, IL-6) are reducedHyaluronic Acid250mg oral each dayJoint lubrication, synovial health, cartilage hydration; each intra-articular injection dose lasts 6-12 monthsCreatine Monohydrate5g each day (in Huel)Muscle strength (quadriceps/stabilization); abnormal loading stress is lowered, which indirectly protects jointsBovine Collagen Peptides10g each day (in coffee)Type I/III collagen amino acids; general connective tissue is supported; works synergistically with UC-II
I was hoping to get an update from you on how you're doing. What's the current state of your knees? Last week I received a diagnosis of arthritis in my right knee, and I'm set on doing everything possible to support it, so that surgery stays far off for us.
Alright, I've been absent because of a new job plus house projects, and only now do I have a little free time to drop back in.

What makes me glad is that things are either holding steady or getting better. Strength and stability in my knees have climbed a lot. The winter ski season turned out great. Climbing stairs, I still get crepitis in 1 knee.

At the start of this month I fell and came down hard on both knees against concrete. I visited a same day ortho clinic, where they did a complete set of xrays for both knees. When those xrays from this month are put next to last February's, the knees look stable and OA does not appear to have progressed.

Next month I see a doctor for a follow-up. I'm thinking about raising PPS or Cartalax, to find out whether anything else could be added to slow the trend down, or possibly even turn it around. Given the multiple meniscus tears, at 53 I'll take whatever I can get.
Hi, how did your follow-up appointment turn out? Did you mention PPS and/or Cartlax to them?

I'm facing that same conversation with my Ortho. That said, a couple of weeks back I went ahead and began Cartlax/TB/BP along with most of the supplements mentioned in this thread. I'm sure I'll get scolded for not checking with him first.
 
CheesyPotato said:


Hi

Hi I was wondering how did your follow up go? Did you bring up the PPS and/or Cartlax?

I have to have the same conversation with my Ortho. Although, a couple of weeks ago, I went ahead and started Cartlax/TB/BP and most of the supplements shared in this thread. I'm sure I'm going to get scolded for not consulting with him first.

Click to expand...
Not so far. My yearly physical just happened, and they're doing comprehensive blood work. I'm eager to see how it stacks up against October.
 
jw717us said:


I haven't yet. Just had my annual checkup and they are running full blood panels. I'll be curious to compare to October.

Click to expand...
My plan is to combine Cartalax with KLOW, since I'm confident KLOW will boost Cartalax's effects.

I was also considering including a weight loss peptide, for this reason:


/community-link/thread/16402/
 
Back
Top