Trust wallet: from frustration to favorite

I take the easy route: convert whatever I hold on Coinbase into the token I require, move it over to Trust, then forward it to the Vendor. I keep a bit of ETH and SOL sitting in my Trust wallet to cover gas. I'm still fairly fresh to this scene, though not to crypto itself.
 
If you need a bank that makes moving money to Coinbase painless, JPMorgan Chase is worth a look. Thanks to a strategic partnership, transfers from your checking account to Coinbase go through instantly and without friction. Apart from the first hold, I have not run into a single issue.
 
BKPATL said:


buy the crypto immediately, and then send it immediately to who you are buying it from.

Click to expand...
I'm assuming you're just using shorthand for the process, and that you aren't sending payment straight to a vendor out of Robinhood. The right move is to set up a non-custodial wallet first — Trust, Exodus, Phantom, that kind of thing — move funds from RH into it, and then pay the vendor from that non-custodial wallet. If you pay straight from an exchange-linked kyc wallet (RH being one example), you risk having your account frozen should that vendor wallet ever get flags, whether that happens now or down the line.
 
longdongsilver said:

Cash app is what I use and it's simple. Purchase Bitcoin, or any other crypto you like, and it happens almost right away. Then hit the tiny arrow button that points up and down, paste the vendor's extremely long address that they provide, and paste the crypto amount they're requesting, then send. Give it roughly 20 minutes to confirm, then open the transaction history, tap the one you just sent, and screenshot the transaction hash (or whatever it's named) in case the vendor asks for it. All done from your phone, no hassle. If I could figure it out, anyone can, since I'm hopeless with technology. Also, get about $10 extra in crypto to cover fees, which run a few dollars, not a big deal.

My answer stays the same as the one I posted earlier. Using an exchange wallet — CashApp included — to pay a vendor directly is not something I would recommend.
 
kakiebean said:

Paypal has been giving me trouble while I attempt a crypto buy. It's proven really finicky. As a result, my cash is now locked up for a 5 business day hold. So annoying.
Yep. If you want your blood pressure to spike, Paypal will do the trick—that's pretty much its only talent.
 
I believe I've sorted it out. Well, more or less…it took me forever to work through because my bank kept blocking me on Trust. My plan is to purchase on Coinbase, transfer to Trust, and then swap into the currency I need. However, there's a hold in place, so sending my crypto won't be possible until next week. 😒

I appreciate the assistance, I managed to pick things up while getting these apps configured.
 
PeppamitCat said:

I believe I've sorted it out. Well, more or less…it took me forever to work through because my bank kept blocking me on Trust. My plan is to purchase on Coinbase, transfer to Trust, and then swap into the currency I need. However, there's a hold in place, so sending my crypto won't be possible until next week. 😒

I appreciate the assistance, I managed to pick things up while getting these apps configured.
Consider using Cash App to send funds to Trust. Alternatively, you can use a debit card directly with Trust.
 
PeppamitCat said:

I believe I've sorted it out. Well, more or less…it took me forever to work through because my bank kept blocking me on Trust. My plan is to purchase on Coinbase, transfer to Trust, and then swap into the currency I need. However, there's a hold in place, so sending my crypto won't be possible until next week. 😒

I appreciate the assistance, I managed to pick things up while getting these apps configured.
I can't speak to 'Trust' specifically, but if Coinbase is where you're bringing fiat in, I'd pick the crypto coin over there...as far as I know, Coinbase doesn't tack on a conversion fee. Trust, though? No idea...One more thing: when moving coins over to Trust, stick to the same pipeline—Sol or Eth—that your final vendor accepts...for example, USDC Sol...or USDC Eth....gl
 
kakiebean said:

Paypal has been giving me trouble while I attempt a crypto buy. It's proven really finicky. As a result, my cash is now locked up for a 5 business day hold. So annoying.
Do you rely on a wallet to bridge PayPal and the seller?
 
When it comes to wallets, Phantom is my pick. I've got the Chrome extension on my browser as well, and I pair it with jumper.xyz whenever I need to exchange coins. On the whole, swapping coins is fast and doesn't cost much.
 
Back
Top