TRT or enclomiphene when you still want kids?

Kyli

Explorer
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Bulgaria
Hey everyone, I could use some advice.

I am 42 right now, and TBH I suspect my testosterone is low - partly because of some excess weight. I do not have children yet, but I would like to one day. The problem is I am not sure how to approach it.

One complication: where I live, every lab has to send test results to a national database, so there is a "Big Brother" element to think about.

Does seeing a doctor for TRT even make sense? And if so, what comes next? I have no idea whether a doctor here can prescribe enclomiphene at all, or whether I would have to go straight down the TRT route. Is going to an MD worth it at all? My worry is that a doctor will only normalise my T-level. But if I am going the TRT route anyway, why not push past that to a higher-than-normal level, like some bodybuilders do?

I hope somebody can help me with these questions - I am kind of stuck and do not know what to do.
 
Kyli said:

Hey everyone, I could use some advice.

I am 42 right now, and TBH I suspect my testosterone is low - partly because of some excess weight. I do not have children yet, but I would like to one day. The problem is I am not sure how to approach it.

One complication: where I live, every lab has to send test results to a national database, so there is a "Big Brother" element to think about.

Does seeing a doctor for TRT even make sense? And if so, what comes next? I have no idea whether a doctor here can prescribe enclomiphene at all, or whether I would have to go straight down the TRT route. Is going to an MD worth it at all? My worry is that a doctor will only normalise my T-level. But if I am going the TRT route anyway, why not push past that to a higher-than-normal level, like some bodybuilders do?

I hope somebody can help me with these questions - I am kind of stuck and do not know what to do.
Is it a little extra weight, or a lot? Past a certain point, plenty of things about your health start suffering for it.

Do you actually suspect low testosterone, or did you get blood analysed? Without that, you are guessing.

So what if the results land in a national database - statistics is all that is for. Put a doctor in charge of TRT for life and he needs bloodwork regardless.

Provided it sits in a normal range and kids are still on the cards, I would stay away from TRT.
 
BBA1969 said:

Kyli said:

Hey everyone, I could use some advice.

I am 42 right now, and TBH I suspect my testosterone is low - partly because of some excess weight. I do not have children yet, but I would like to one day. The problem is I am not sure how to approach it.

One complication: where I live, every lab has to send test results to a national database, so there is a "Big Brother" element to think about.

Does seeing a doctor for TRT even make sense? And if so, what comes next? I have no idea whether a doctor here can prescribe enclomiphene at all, or whether I would have to go straight down the TRT route. Is going to an MD worth it at all? My worry is that a doctor will only normalise my T-level. But if I am going the TRT route anyway, why not push past that to a higher-than-normal level, like some bodybuilders do?

I hope somebody can help me with these questions - I am kind of stuck and do not know what to do.
Is it a little extra weight, or a lot? Past a certain point, plenty of things about your health start suffering for it.

Do you actually suspect low testosterone, or did you get blood analysed? Without that, you are guessing.

So what if the results land in a national database - statistics is all that is for. Put a doctor in charge of TRT for life and he needs bloodwork regardless.

Provided it sits in a normal range and kids are still on the cards, I would stay away from TRT.

Unfortunately, it is quite a lot. And yeah, I am working on it - which is part of why I suspect my level might be low. So this is really just my own read on my current situation; I have never actually been to a lab or a doctor to get my blood analysed.

Right now I have no idea how long the data sits in that national database, or who can access it. It could turn into a problem if I ever want to change my insurance policy. I am privately insured at the moment, and any chronic "issue" can push the cost up. Lying to them about my health status could cause problems too. That is why I would rather have no records of my health data at all. And no - the data is not stored anonymously as a statistic; it is tied to my name and national ID number.

So there would need to be a real, significant benefit before I even get the test done. And I am not sure whether to go this route at all, or just wait and hope my T-level comes back once I lose the excess weight.
 
Kyli said:

BBA1969 said:

Kyli said:

Hey everyone, I could use some advice.

I am 42 right now, and TBH I suspect my testosterone is low - partly because of some excess weight. I do not have children yet, but I would like to one day. The problem is I am not sure how to approach it.

One complication: where I live, every lab has to send test results to a national database, so there is a "Big Brother" element to think about.

Does seeing a doctor for TRT even make sense? And if so, what comes next? I have no idea whether a doctor here can prescribe enclomiphene at all, or whether I would have to go straight down the TRT route. Is going to an MD worth it at all? My worry is that a doctor will only normalise my T-level. But if I am going the TRT route anyway, why not push past that to a higher-than-normal level, like some bodybuilders do?

I hope somebody can help me with these questions - I am kind of stuck and do not know what to do.
Is it a little extra weight, or a lot? Past a certain point, plenty of things about your health start suffering for it.

Do you actually suspect low testosterone, or did you get blood analysed? Without that, you are guessing.

So what if the results land in a national database - statistics is all that is for. Put a doctor in charge of TRT for life and he needs bloodwork regardless.

Provided it sits in a normal range and kids are still on the cards, I would stay away from TRT.

Unfortunately, it is quite a lot. And yeah, I am working on it - which is part of why I suspect my level might be low. So this is really just my own read on my current situation; I have never actually been to a lab or a doctor to get my blood analysed.

Right now I have no idea how long the data sits in that national database, or who can access it. It could turn into a problem if I ever want to change my insurance policy. I am privately insured at the moment, and any chronic "issue" can push the cost up. Lying to them about my health status could cause problems too. That is why I would rather have no records of my health data at all. And no - the data is not stored anonymously as a statistic; it is tied to my name and national ID number.

So there would need to be a real, significant benefit before I even get the test done. And I am not sure whether to go this route at all, or just wait and hope my T-level comes back once I lose the excess weight.

In that case I would get on GLP-1 as soon as possible. Tirzepatide or Retatrutide will both do the trick. If you want nobody to know, you could consider going grey from the very first pin.

Just make sure you educate yourself before you do. You do not want to end up in a hospital.

And then keep reading 😌

My very first pin of Mounjaro was life changing. Getting good nutrition in place became possible, the early weight loss lifted my mood, which gave me the energy to move more, and so on.

A couple of months in, and after a whole lot of reading, I began researching some other peptides.

Me now: 57yo, down from 118kg to 89kg since mid-October '25. Still 20kg off my goal weight, but already in the best shape I have been in for decades.
 
BBA1969 said:

Kyli said:

BBA1969 said:

Kyli said:

Hey everyone, I could use some advice.

I am 42 right now, and TBH I suspect my testosterone is low - partly because of some excess weight. I do not have children yet, but I would like to one day. The problem is I am not sure how to approach it.

One complication: where I live, every lab has to send test results to a national database, so there is a "Big Brother" element to think about.

Does seeing a doctor for TRT even make sense? And if so, what comes next? I have no idea whether a doctor here can prescribe enclomiphene at all, or whether I would have to go straight down the TRT route. Is going to an MD worth it at all? My worry is that a doctor will only normalise my T-level. But if I am going the TRT route anyway, why not push past that to a higher-than-normal level, like some bodybuilders do?

I hope somebody can help me with these questions - I am kind of stuck and do not know what to do.
Is it a little extra weight, or a lot? Past a certain point, plenty of things about your health start suffering for it.

Do you actually suspect low testosterone, or did you get blood analysed? Without that, you are guessing.

So what if the results land in a national database - statistics is all that is for. Put a doctor in charge of TRT for life and he needs bloodwork regardless.

Provided it sits in a normal range and kids are still on the cards, I would stay away from TRT.

Unfortunately, it is quite a lot. And yeah, I am working on it - which is part of why I suspect my level might be low. So this is really just my own read on my current situation; I have never actually been to a lab or a doctor to get my blood analysed.

Right now I have no idea how long the data sits in that national database, or who can access it. It could turn into a problem if I ever want to change my insurance policy. I am privately insured at the moment, and any chronic "issue" can push the cost up. Lying to them about my health status could cause problems too. That is why I would rather have no records of my health data at all. And no - the data is not stored anonymously as a statistic; it is tied to my name and national ID number.

So there would need to be a real, significant benefit before I even get the test done. And I am not sure whether to go this route at all, or just wait and hope my T-level comes back once I lose the excess weight.

In that case I would get on GLP-1 as soon as possible. Tirzepatide or Retatrutide will both do the trick. If you want nobody to know, you could consider going grey from the very first pin.

Just make sure you educate yourself before you do. You do not want to end up in a hospital.

And then keep reading 😌

My very first pin of Mounjaro was life changing. Getting good nutrition in place became possible, the early weight loss lifted my mood, which gave me the energy to move more, and so on.

A couple of months in, and after a whole lot of reading, I began researching some other peptides.

Me now: 57yo, down from 118kg to 89kg since mid-October '25. Still 20kg off my goal weight, but already in the best shape I have been in for decades.
Currently on Reta, 3 weeks in. Plus a lot of reading. Stack: SS-31, 5-Amino-1MQ, GHK-Cu, (+Semax and Selank).

And yes, I have already dropped some kg. There is still a long way to go though. What worries me is losing muscle mass. Yeah, I am eating my 1g of Protein per kg.

But a few days ago I watched a video from a doc who also talked about TRT as a way to get the hormones in order. That is why I started considering TRT or Enclomiphene too. I do not even know if Enclomiphene can be prescribed here. It is available on the grey market, but at a relatively high price.
 
Kyli said:

BBA1969 said:

Kyli said:

BBA1969 said:

Kyli said:

Hey everyone, I could use some advice.

I am 42 right now, and TBH I suspect my testosterone is low - partly because of some excess weight. I do not have children yet, but I would like to one day. The problem is I am not sure how to approach it.

One complication: where I live, every lab has to send test results to a national database, so there is a "Big Brother" element to think about.

Does seeing a doctor for TRT even make sense? And if so, what comes next? I have no idea whether a doctor here can prescribe enclomiphene at all, or whether I would have to go straight down the TRT route. Is going to an MD worth it at all? My worry is that a doctor will only normalise my T-level. But if I am going the TRT route anyway, why not push past that to a higher-than-normal level, like some bodybuilders do?

I hope somebody can help me with these questions - I am kind of stuck and do not know what to do.
Is it a little extra weight, or a lot? Past a certain point, plenty of things about your health start suffering for it.

Do you actually suspect low testosterone, or did you get blood analysed? Without that, you are guessing.

So what if the results land in a national database - statistics is all that is for. Put a doctor in charge of TRT for life and he needs bloodwork regardless.

Provided it sits in a normal range and kids are still on the cards, I would stay away from TRT.

Unfortunately, it is quite a lot. And yeah, I am working on it - which is part of why I suspect my level might be low. So this is really just my own read on my current situation; I have never actually been to a lab or a doctor to get my blood analysed.

Right now I have no idea how long the data sits in that national database, or who can access it. It could turn into a problem if I ever want to change my insurance policy. I am privately insured at the moment, and any chronic "issue" can push the cost up. Lying to them about my health status could cause problems too. That is why I would rather have no records of my health data at all. And no - the data is not stored anonymously as a statistic; it is tied to my name and national ID number.

So there would need to be a real, significant benefit before I even get the test done. And I am not sure whether to go this route at all, or just wait and hope my T-level comes back once I lose the excess weight.

In that case I would get on GLP-1 as soon as possible. Tirzepatide or Retatrutide will both do the trick. If you want nobody to know, you could consider going grey from the very first pin.

Just make sure you educate yourself before you do. You do not want to end up in a hospital.

And then keep reading 😌

My very first pin of Mounjaro was life changing. Getting good nutrition in place became possible, the early weight loss lifted my mood, which gave me the energy to move more, and so on.

A couple of months in, and after a whole lot of reading, I began researching some other peptides.

Me now: 57yo, down from 118kg to 89kg since mid-October '25. Still 20kg off my goal weight, but already in the best shape I have been in for decades.
Currently on Reta, 3 weeks in. Plus a lot of reading. Stack: SS-31, 5-Amino-1MQ, GHK-Cu, (+Semax and Selank).

And yes, I have already dropped some kg. There is still a long way to go though. What worries me is losing muscle mass. Yeah, I am eating my 1g of Protein per kg.

But a few days ago I watched a video from a doc who also talked about TRT as a way to get the hormones in order. That is why I started considering TRT or Enclomiphene too. I do not even know if Enclomiphene can be prescribed here. It is available on the grey market, but at a relatively high price.
Looks like you have the right idea, and that stack is a good one 🙂

Lifting raises your hormones and keeps the muscle you have. Isometrics are growing on me since the joints complain less. That plus one heavy ass kettlebell.
 
The part of your post about hiding lab work from insurers to keep prices down leaves me scratching my head. Surely a health plan expects routine preventive bloodwork at some point? A hormone panel might be off the table, but if they can already see treatment records, they know you carry extra weight — so what exactly are you trying to keep from them, and what would it cost you later if they found out?

That said, you clearly understand the rules and market conditions where you live far better than any of us do, so this has to be your call.

The one thing I can tell you is that testing your levels is the unavoidable starting point, and repeat bloodwork is not optional for any long-term protocol built around T / enclo / the rest. So anyone heading down this path needs to accept ongoing lab draws, no way around it.

In my area, the standard of care demands 2 separate low-T draws before TRT can begin. Whether Bulgaria works the same way I can't say, but if it does, that first panel on its own won't get you treated right away.

My own situation is fairly comparable — an earlier visit showed my T sitting well below range, but I was just about to begin tirzepatide for weight loss and wanted to find out whether the number would climb on its own. I've dropped 40 pounds and I'm going back for a fresh set of labs to compare. Should nothing change, I'll likely start treatment. And if you're still early into losing weight, that's one more reason to lock in baseline labs right away.

Should you still be planning on children, enclo could be a route worth exploring — but I'd push hard for a baseline draw first, a look at how your current stack behaves, and a plan for ongoing labs if you add anything new.
 
fatjacked said:

The part of your post about hiding lab work from insurers to keep prices down leaves me scratching my head. Surely a health plan expects routine preventive bloodwork at some point? A hormone panel might be off the table, but if they can already see treatment records, they know you carry extra weight — so what exactly are you trying to keep from them, and what would it cost you later if they found out?

That said, you clearly understand the rules and market conditions where you live far better than any of us do, so this has to be your call.

The one thing I can tell you is that testing your levels is the unavoidable starting point, and repeat bloodwork is not optional for any long-term protocol built around T / enclo / the rest. So anyone heading down this path needs to accept ongoing lab draws, no way around it.

In my area, the standard of care demands 2 separate low-T draws before TRT can begin. Whether Bulgaria works the same way I can't say, but if it does, that first panel on its own won't get you treated right away.

My own situation is fairly comparable — an earlier visit showed my T sitting well below range, but I was just about to begin tirzepatide for weight loss and wanted to find out whether the number would climb on its own. I've dropped 40 pounds and I'm going back for a fresh set of labs to compare. Should nothing change, I'll likely start treatment. And if you're still early into losing weight, that's one more reason to lock in baseline labs right away.

Should you still be planning on children, enclo could be a route worth exploring — but I'd push hard for a baseline draw first, a look at how your current stack behaves, and a plan for ongoing labs if you add anything new.

Sort of, yes — my insurer is aware I carry extra weight. The contract I signed put me somewhere near 105 kg while the paperwork itself says 100 kg, which already counts as overweight. All they did when the policy began was ask a handful of questions by phone, nothing more. Since then, at every doctor visit, I've taken care that nothing like an obesity or adiposity label made it into my file. Plenty of times I simply handed over cash and kept the insurer out of it entirely.

Who knows — perhaps another lab, or a lab in a different country, will hand me results without a name attached.

After working the whole question through with an AI, I settled on going a different way. To my mind the problem isn't that my body fails to make T. It's that stored fat is turning testosterone into E2, and that in turn pulls T production down.

The plan I landed on is adding Kisspeptin-10 to what I already take, injected twice a day. Among biohackers there's also a trick for holding aromatase conversion back, using high-dose zinc and DIM, or else a pharmaceutical aromatase inhibitor — though that road risks crashing your E2 hard. Regardless, this is the path I intend to follow. Rounding up everything I need should take roughly 2–3 weeks, during which another 5 kg ought to come off. And I'll have lab results to look at.
 
Back
Top