Travelling (Flights)

Ryty2266 said:

Thanks everyone! After going through all these replies, I feel much less worried overall about bringing my reconstituted peptides along, since it doesn’t appear to be a major issue.
If US customs pulls you for a random check, there's a chance you won't be allowed in. The ones who made it through customs weren't selected for screening. When it's just a GLP1 pen and you've got a script, I doubt there'd be any trouble—but other peps could become a problem if they decide to single you out.

TSA only handles domestic travel inside the US and won't give you any grief; US customs, on the other hand, is waging a war on drugs, particularly right now.
 
nitetrak said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

The catch is that customs selection is random. Sure, you sail through unobserved and enter the country with nobody the wiser about what's in your bag that shouldn't be.

I get picked for extra screening far too often to risk smuggling anything through anyone's border. Being refused entry is the last thing I want, so I put the question to AI. What it says matches the border patrol shows I've watched.

Sort out a prescription before you cross any border.

US: An unapproved research compound such as retatrutide, or tirzepatide, imported with no valid authorisation or prescription can breach FDA import rules and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act covering introduction of unapproved drugs; CBP alongside the FDA routinely seizes detains such misbranded or unapproved GLP-1 products and may refuse entry (for small personal amounts with no intent to distribute, criminal or civil referral is uncommon). FDA2

UK: Tirzepatide brought in without a prescription, or an unlicensed research drug such as retatrutide, can breach the Human Medicines Regulations (import/supply of unlicensed medicines) and MHRA rules; UK Border Force/MHRA can seize and detain the goods, refuse importation and—where there's evidence of supply or a serious breach—pursue regulatory enforcement or prosecution.
That's logical. Still, I'm curious whether there's any method for them to determine it's tirz, particularly when it's inside a pen. Or whether they could test for insulin, assuming that's what you say it is.
There was a single case I came across where a swab test was done, it tested negative for anything dangerous, yet the item was still forwarded to a hospital for additional testing — it felt like they were targeting somebody. I can't recall the outcome.

Having no official label on a vial would definitely raise suspicion, though I figure carrying an Rx would cover you if anyone asks questions. If this were insulin, wouldn't the factory label be on it? You'd need a solid explanation ready. --"I prefer to use my pen" could work well enough.
😲 Yeah, they're obviously targeting somebody. How much did that individual have on them, I wonder.

nitetrak said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

The catch is that customs selection is random. Sure, you sail through unobserved and enter the country with nobody the wiser about what's in your bag that shouldn't be.

I get picked for extra screening far too often to risk smuggling anything through anyone's border. Being refused entry is the last thing I want, so I put the question to AI. What it says matches the border patrol shows I've watched.

Sort out a prescription before you cross any border.

US: An unapproved research compound such as retatrutide, or tirzepatide, imported with no valid authorisation or prescription can breach FDA import rules and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act covering introduction of unapproved drugs; CBP alongside the FDA routinely seizes detains such misbranded or unapproved GLP-1 products and may refuse entry (for small personal amounts with no intent to distribute, criminal or civil referral is uncommon). FDA2

UK: Tirzepatide brought in without a prescription, or an unlicensed research drug such as retatrutide, can breach the Human Medicines Regulations (import/supply of unlicensed medicines) and MHRA rules; UK Border Force/MHRA can seize and detain the goods, refuse importation and—where there's evidence of supply or a serious breach—pursue regulatory enforcement or prosecution.
That's logical. Still, I'm curious whether there's any method for them to determine it's tirz, particularly when it's inside a pen. Or whether they could test for insulin, assuming that's what you say it is.
There was a single case I came across where a swab test was done, it tested negative for anything dangerous, yet the item was still forwarded to a hospital for additional testing — it felt like they were targeting somebody. I can't recall the outcome.

Having no official label on a vial would definitely raise suspicion, though I figure carrying an Rx would cover you if anyone asks questions. If this were insulin, wouldn't the factory label be on it? You'd need a solid explanation ready. --"I prefer to use my pen" could work well enough.
Buying insulin in vials tends to cost less. There must be folks who move their insulin into pens.

On my first international flight after becoming an adult, I came across advice to carry a doctor-signed copy of your medication list. So I requested one from my doctor, and she gave me a look like I'd lost my mind. Meds causing trouble at customs was completely new to her.
 
nitetrak said:

Ryty2266 said:

Thanks everyone! After going through all these replies, I feel much less worried overall about bringing my reconstituted peptides along, since it doesn’t appear to be a major issue.
If US customs pulls you for a random check, there's a chance you won't be allowed in. The ones who made it through customs weren't selected for screening. When it's just a GLP1 pen and you've got a script, I doubt there'd be any trouble—but other peps could become a problem if they decide to single you out.

TSA only handles domestic travel inside the US and won't give you any grief; US customs, on the other hand, is waging a war on drugs, particularly right now.
Many people bring only the amount they'll need while away, then discard whatever remains, which lets them skip bringing it through US customs.
 
cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

The catch is that customs selection is random. Sure, you sail through unobserved and enter the country with nobody the wiser about what's in your bag that shouldn't be.

I get picked for extra screening far too often to risk smuggling anything through anyone's border. Being refused entry is the last thing I want, so I put the question to AI. What it says matches the border patrol shows I've watched.

Sort out a prescription before you cross any border.

US: An unapproved research compound such as retatrutide, or tirzepatide, imported with no valid authorisation or prescription can breach FDA import rules and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act covering introduction of unapproved drugs; CBP alongside the FDA routinely seizes detains such misbranded or unapproved GLP-1 products and may refuse entry (for small personal amounts with no intent to distribute, criminal or civil referral is uncommon). FDA2

UK: Tirzepatide brought in without a prescription, or an unlicensed research drug such as retatrutide, can breach the Human Medicines Regulations (import/supply of unlicensed medicines) and MHRA rules; UK Border Force/MHRA can seize and detain the goods, refuse importation and—where there's evidence of supply or a serious breach—pursue regulatory enforcement or prosecution.
That's logical. Still, I'm curious whether there's any method for them to determine it's tirz, particularly when it's inside a pen. Or whether they could test for insulin, assuming that's what you say it is.
There was a single case I came across where a swab test was done, it tested negative for anything dangerous, yet the item was still forwarded to a hospital for additional testing — it felt like they were targeting somebody. I can't recall the outcome.

Having no official label on a vial would definitely raise suspicion, though I figure carrying an Rx would cover you if anyone asks questions. If this were insulin, wouldn't the factory label be on it? You'd need a solid explanation ready. --"I prefer to use my pen" could work well enough.
😲 Yeah, they're obviously targeting somebody. How much did that individual have on them, I wonder.

nitetrak said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

The catch is that customs selection is random. Sure, you sail through unobserved and enter the country with nobody the wiser about what's in your bag that shouldn't be.

I get picked for extra screening far too often to risk smuggling anything through anyone's border. Being refused entry is the last thing I want, so I put the question to AI. What it says matches the border patrol shows I've watched.

Sort out a prescription before you cross any border.

US: An unapproved research compound such as retatrutide, or tirzepatide, imported with no valid authorisation or prescription can breach FDA import rules and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act covering introduction of unapproved drugs; CBP alongside the FDA routinely seizes detains such misbranded or unapproved GLP-1 products and may refuse entry (for small personal amounts with no intent to distribute, criminal or civil referral is uncommon). FDA2

UK: Tirzepatide brought in without a prescription, or an unlicensed research drug such as retatrutide, can breach the Human Medicines Regulations (import/supply of unlicensed medicines) and MHRA rules; UK Border Force/MHRA can seize and detain the goods, refuse importation and—where there's evidence of supply or a serious breach—pursue regulatory enforcement or prosecution.
That's logical. Still, I'm curious whether there's any method for them to determine it's tirz, particularly when it's inside a pen. Or whether they could test for insulin, assuming that's what you say it is.
There was a single case I came across where a swab test was done, it tested negative for anything dangerous, yet the item was still forwarded to a hospital for additional testing — it felt like they were targeting somebody. I can't recall the outcome.

Having no official label on a vial would definitely raise suspicion, though I figure carrying an Rx would cover you if anyone asks questions. If this were insulin, wouldn't the factory label be on it? You'd need a solid explanation ready. --"I prefer to use my pen" could work well enough.
Buying insulin in vials tends to cost less. There must be folks who move their insulin into pens.

On my first international flight after becoming an adult, I came across advice to carry a doctor-signed copy of your medication list. So I requested one from my doctor, and she gave me a look like I'd lost my mind. Meds causing trouble at customs was completely new to her.
lol. My wife was convinced we needed that list plus a doctor's signature when we flew to Japan recently. When I asked my doctor, he told me he'd never heard of such a thing — and in our area, tons of people travel to Japan. Turns out nobody inspected any of our prescription bottles….
 
Gt3294a said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

The catch is that customs selection is random. Sure, you sail through unobserved and enter the country with nobody the wiser about what's in your bag that shouldn't be.

I get picked for extra screening far too often to risk smuggling anything through anyone's border. Being refused entry is the last thing I want, so I put the question to AI. What it says matches the border patrol shows I've watched.

Sort out a prescription before you cross any border.

US: An unapproved research compound such as retatrutide, or tirzepatide, imported with no valid authorisation or prescription can breach FDA import rules and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act covering introduction of unapproved drugs; CBP alongside the FDA routinely seizes detains such misbranded or unapproved GLP-1 products and may refuse entry (for small personal amounts with no intent to distribute, criminal or civil referral is uncommon). FDA2

UK: Tirzepatide brought in without a prescription, or an unlicensed research drug such as retatrutide, can breach the Human Medicines Regulations (import/supply of unlicensed medicines) and MHRA rules; UK Border Force/MHRA can seize and detain the goods, refuse importation and—where there's evidence of supply or a serious breach—pursue regulatory enforcement or prosecution.
That's logical. Still, I'm curious whether there's any method for them to determine it's tirz, particularly when it's inside a pen. Or whether they could test for insulin, assuming that's what you say it is.
There was a single case I came across where a swab test was done, it tested negative for anything dangerous, yet the item was still forwarded to a hospital for additional testing — it felt like they were targeting somebody. I can't recall the outcome.

Having no official label on a vial would definitely raise suspicion, though I figure carrying an Rx would cover you if anyone asks questions. If this were insulin, wouldn't the factory label be on it? You'd need a solid explanation ready. --"I prefer to use my pen" could work well enough.
😲 Yeah, they're obviously targeting somebody. How much did that individual have on them, I wonder.

nitetrak said:

cheaperseeker said:

nitetrak said:

The catch is that customs selection is random. Sure, you sail through unobserved and enter the country with nobody the wiser about what's in your bag that shouldn't be.

I get picked for extra screening far too often to risk smuggling anything through anyone's border. Being refused entry is the last thing I want, so I put the question to AI. What it says matches the border patrol shows I've watched.

Sort out a prescription before you cross any border.

US: An unapproved research compound such as retatrutide, or tirzepatide, imported with no valid authorisation or prescription can breach FDA import rules and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act covering introduction of unapproved drugs; CBP alongside the FDA routinely seizes detains such misbranded or unapproved GLP-1 products and may refuse entry (for small personal amounts with no intent to distribute, criminal or civil referral is uncommon). FDA2

UK: Tirzepatide brought in without a prescription, or an unlicensed research drug such as retatrutide, can breach the Human Medicines Regulations (import/supply of unlicensed medicines) and MHRA rules; UK Border Force/MHRA can seize and detain the goods, refuse importation and—where there's evidence of supply or a serious breach—pursue regulatory enforcement or prosecution.
That's logical. Still, I'm curious whether there's any method for them to determine it's tirz, particularly when it's inside a pen. Or whether they could test for insulin, assuming that's what you say it is.
There was a single case I came across where a swab test was done, it tested negative for anything dangerous, yet the item was still forwarded to a hospital for additional testing — it felt like they were targeting somebody. I can't recall the outcome.

Having no official label on a vial would definitely raise suspicion, though I figure carrying an Rx would cover you if anyone asks questions. If this were insulin, wouldn't the factory label be on it? You'd need a solid explanation ready. --"I prefer to use my pen" could work well enough.
Buying insulin in vials tends to cost less. There must be folks who move their insulin into pens.

On my first international flight after becoming an adult, I came across advice to carry a doctor-signed copy of your medication list. So I requested one from my doctor, and she gave me a look like I'd lost my mind. Meds causing trouble at customs was completely new to her.
lol. My wife was convinced we needed that list plus a doctor's signature when we flew to Japan recently. When I asked my doctor, he told me he'd never heard of such a thing — and in our area, tons of people travel to Japan. Turns out nobody inspected any of our prescription bottles….
In many places, such as Mexico, you can buy most medications without a prescription. Dubai, on the other hand, may ban certain drugs and enforces its rules very strictly. It makes me question whether customs departments operate with ticketing targets, using fines to pad their budgets. Personally, I prefer to have my paperwork in order since I get flagged for extra screening by customs (and TSA PreCheck) far more often than most people. When that happens, officers go through every single thing in my luggage and press me for explanations if anything strikes them as odd. The exception has been AUS: only on my very first trip there did I actually have to speak with an agent and account for every reason behind my visit, though they didn't search my bags. These days, arriving in Brisbane means I simply use facial recognition and stroll through with no interaction at all. Plenty of nations have laws like this on the books, but whether they get applied, and who gets picked in a so-called "random" selection, comes down to the individual customs officer.

I'm not a lawyer, but looking up a country's drug import regulations is just a Google search away, and yes, any medication carried across any border counts as a drug import.
 
I'm not going to tell anyone whether they should or shouldn't do something, since you never know when an agent might be having a rough day or a fresh procedure could put them on edge. A handful of domestic trips with my Tirz have gone smoothly for me, no problems at all.

Today I came across these on Peppy Niimbot, so I ran off a batch to have ready for upcoming trips.





bdffd56d62db5feda9ba45ef0577b1390a8594501f1a484579d545a49a361b0a.webp
 
Not long ago I went to the USA and South America. I had a pouch containing needles, alcohol pads, and 2 vials of reconstituted reta. No one questioned me about any of it. Naturally, luck plays a part as well — if you're selected for an inspection, the outcome could be quite different.
 
Back
Top