Tracking My Reta Experience

Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Winnipeg manitoba
Hey all! Just pinned Week 2 today.

I've decided this is the place to document my own progress.

Starting weight: 278lbs

Current weight: 275lbs

Goal weight: 160 lbs, though anything under 200 would make me happy.

I'm doing light weight training and gradually increasing it.
 
Alright, so I've hit week 2, day 1 with reta. 2mg.

SW 278

CW 273.4

GW 160

36 Female.

Appetite is basically gone, which is a win. Food just seems unappealing. Protein is something I know I need, so I brought along some high protein snacks, but honestly the lunch I've got to attend today feels like it's going to be rough.

Side effects are mild—just a little nausea, nothing more yet.
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

Alright, so I've hit week 2, day 1 with reta. 2mg.

SW 278

CW 273.4

GW 160

36 Female.

Appetite is basically gone, which is a win. Food just seems unappealing. Protein is something I know I need, so I brought along some high protein snacks, but honestly the lunch I've got to attend today feels like it's going to be rough.

Side effects are mild—just a little nausea, nothing more yet.
Lunch turned out better than I feared. Just a good salad plus chicken.
 
I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
 
BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
Honestly, at this stage I'll take whatever I can get. Just flush this water retention out of my system lol 🤪
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
Honestly, at this stage I'll take whatever I can get. Just flush this water retention out of my system lol 🤪
When you're just getting going, this is something everyone goes through. My own drop came to 2.2lbs each week, which is a solid pace. Going too fast isn't something you want, since it isn't good.
 
BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
Honestly, at this stage I'll take whatever I can get. Just flush this water retention out of my system lol 🤪
When you're just getting going, this is something everyone goes through. My own drop came to 2.2lbs each week, which is a solid pace. Going too fast isn't something you want, since it isn't good.
I figure my weekly drop comes out to roughly 2lbs too. Totally with you on the idea that shedding pounds too quickly isn't the goal. Somewhere between 1-2lbs each week is more than enough.
 
Rosco P. Coltrane said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
Honestly, at this stage I'll take whatever I can get. Just flush this water retention out of my system lol 🤪
When you're just getting going, this is something everyone goes through. My own drop came to 2.2lbs each week, which is a solid pace. Going too fast isn't something you want, since it isn't good.
I figure my weekly drop comes out to roughly 2lbs too. Totally with you on the idea that shedding pounds too quickly isn't the goal. Somewhere between 1-2lbs each week is more than enough.
Yeah, taking it slow really is the way to go. I was just thrilled because 275 hadn't budged all winter 🤣🤣
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

Rosco P. Coltrane said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
Honestly, at this stage I'll take whatever I can get. Just flush this water retention out of my system lol 🤪
When you're just getting going, this is something everyone goes through. My own drop came to 2.2lbs each week, which is a solid pace. Going too fast isn't something you want, since it isn't good.
I figure my weekly drop comes out to roughly 2lbs too. Totally with you on the idea that shedding pounds too quickly isn't the goal. Somewhere between 1-2lbs each week is more than enough.
Yeah, taking it slow really is the way to go. I was just thrilled because 275 hadn't budged all winter 🤣🤣
I checked out the numbers you posted, your goal included. It's completely doable — plenty of people in this community have dropped more than 100lbs.
 
BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

Rosco P. Coltrane said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

BNLFL said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

I'm back once more.

Roughly 3 days after my shot, the nausea showed up this morning. I really should be drinking more water and getting electrolytes in, but when I stepped on the scale — BAM, 7 lbs gone since I began.

SW 278

CW 270.6

GW 160

36 F
Probably just water weight.
Honestly, at this stage I'll take whatever I can get. Just flush this water retention out of my system lol 🤪
When you're just getting going, this is something everyone goes through. My own drop came to 2.2lbs each week, which is a solid pace. Going too fast isn't something you want, since it isn't good.
I figure my weekly drop comes out to roughly 2lbs too. Totally with you on the idea that shedding pounds too quickly isn't the goal. Somewhere between 1-2lbs each week is more than enough.
Yeah, taking it slow really is the way to go. I was just thrilled because 275 hadn't budged all winter 🤣🤣
I checked out the numbers you posted, your goal included. It's completely doable — plenty of people in this community have dropped more than 100lbs.
I'm staying optimistic. There's no deadline I'm aiming for, so I'm simply taking pleasure in the process.
 
Update.

Tomorrow is pin day, and I've made it to the day right before it! Compared to last week, my hunger and food noise have dropped a lot more. Yay half life. 😋. The fatigue hasn't gone anywhere, though dealing with insomnia before Reta certainly doesn't make it easier. Honestly, I took an amazing nap today.

I really need to increase how much protein I'm getting. I'm eating the same quantity of it as I used to, but overall it's nowhere near enough. Right now it's maybe 70g a day, if that. I'm still exercising, not in a gym but at home using weights and resistance bands. I walk every day and I'm trying to build the habit of a walk after dinner.

I'm really looking forward to pin day tomorrow because who isn't excited for pin day. What keeps pushing me forward is knowing that this is how I'm helping myself start making healthier, better choices. For years I've battled losing weight, putting it back on, and beginning the whole cycle again. The reason I love reta right now is that it's helping me keep the weight off and stay committed to these changes, because my body is now telling me to.

That's my story for now.
 
Update.

week 3 day 3.

While on reta, today brought the worst side effect I have had up to now. This morning nausea really took me down. Felt like a train had rolled right over me. It has hit me before, though nowhere near this intense. Right away I understood I clearly had to drink more fluids, and once I did, I felt much better.

At times I question whether that single vial I picked up prior to becoming part of this forum was a dud, but since I am noticing the effects, I figure I am simply impatient. Yeah yeah, I realize this is a slow patient marathon, but I am eager.

My new pack should show up soon... hopefully, and I cannot wait to try those out.

Thanks for reading so far!
 
undeniably_chaotic said:

Update.

week 3 day 3.

While on reta, today brought the worst side effect I have had up to now. This morning nausea really took me down. Felt like a train had rolled right over me. It has hit me before, though nowhere near this intense. Right away I understood I clearly had to drink more fluids, and once I did, I felt much better.

At times I question whether that single vial I picked up prior to becoming part of this forum was a dud, but since I am noticing the effects, I figure I am simply impatient. Yeah yeah, I realize this is a slow patient marathon, but I am eager.

My new pack should show up soon... hopefully, and I cannot wait to try those out.

Thanks for reading so far!
Could dehydration be what's triggering the nausea? Today was the first time I dealt with it, and I've been using reta for roughly 6 weeks - the past 3 of those at an unchanged dose. But wow, the nausea came on so suddenly and so intensely? It was unreal! That had never happened to me before. My guess was that it might be tied to what I ate before sleeping - I had that meal a bit later than my usual dinner time.

Tonight I'm going to skip dinner and watch whether it returns. Should it happen again, I may test eating a small amount of carbs before bed to see whether that makes a difference...
 
NarrowSparrow said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

Update.

week 3 day 3.

While on reta, today brought the worst side effect I have had up to now. This morning nausea really took me down. Felt like a train had rolled right over me. It has hit me before, though nowhere near this intense. Right away I understood I clearly had to drink more fluids, and once I did, I felt much better.

At times I question whether that single vial I picked up prior to becoming part of this forum was a dud, but since I am noticing the effects, I figure I am simply impatient. Yeah yeah, I realize this is a slow patient marathon, but I am eager.

My new pack should show up soon... hopefully, and I cannot wait to try those out.

Thanks for reading so far!
Could dehydration be what's triggering the nausea? Today was the first time I dealt with it, and I've been using reta for roughly 6 weeks - the past 3 of those at an unchanged dose. But wow, the nausea came on so suddenly and so intensely? It was unreal! That had never happened to me before. My guess was that it might be tied to what I ate before sleeping - I had that meal a bit later than my usual dinner time.

Tonight I'm going to skip dinner and watch whether it returns. Should it happen again, I may test eating a small amount of carbs before bed to see whether that makes a difference...
Based on everything I've looked into, nausea can result from dehydration along with insufficient electrolytes.
 
NarrowSparrow said:

undeniably_chaotic said:

Update.

week 3 day 3.

While on reta, today brought the worst side effect I have had up to now. This morning nausea really took me down. Felt like a train had rolled right over me. It has hit me before, though nowhere near this intense. Right away I understood I clearly had to drink more fluids, and once I did, I felt much better.

At times I question whether that single vial I picked up prior to becoming part of this forum was a dud, but since I am noticing the effects, I figure I am simply impatient. Yeah yeah, I realize this is a slow patient marathon, but I am eager.

My new pack should show up soon... hopefully, and I cannot wait to try those out.

Thanks for reading so far!
Could dehydration be what's triggering the nausea? Today was the first time I dealt with it, and I've been using reta for roughly 6 weeks - the past 3 of those at an unchanged dose. But wow, the nausea came on so suddenly and so intensely? It was unreal! That had never happened to me before. My guess was that it might be tied to what I ate before sleeping - I had that meal a bit later than my usual dinner time.

Tonight I'm going to skip dinner and watch whether it returns. Should it happen again, I may test eating a small amount of carbs before bed to see whether that makes a difference...

When I go without food, nausea tends to hit me. It typically happens if dinner is delayed, or if I wake up early and then don't eat for 6 hours (on weekends at home, I don't feel hungry).
 
Just sharing my experience - the side effects hit me hard for close to a month. I dealt with nausea, heartburn, stomach issues, food ick (eating felt like a chore), aversion to food (eggs were off the table for 3 months), terrible sleep, and extreme thirst. Here's what I think was happening with me.

1. Even though 2mg in a single pin works for a lot of people, for me it was far too high. Splitting the dose made a difference.

2. Adding electrolytes got rid of my nausea (or maybe I had already adjusted by the time I thought to try them, hard to say)

3. Eventually it all fades. Eggs still don't appeal to me much, but other than that I feel great.
 
Back
Top