Tracking a Package After It Clears US Customs?

BlueDog55

Explorer
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Location
South Mississippi
I'm wondering whether there's any method to keep tracking my package once it has cleared customs here in the USA. I ran it through 17Track, and the updates showed it passing through Chicago, then arriving in Dallas on 5/17, then departing Dallas on 5/17 — and after that, nothing new for 11 days now. I've heard USPS has gotten bad, but 11 days without any fresh scans... any thoughts? Thanks
 
BlueDog55 said:

I'm wondering whether there's any method to keep tracking my package once it has cleared customs here in the USA. I ran it through 17Track, and the updates showed it passing through Chicago, then arriving in Dallas on 5/17, then departing Dallas on 5/17 — and after that, nothing new for 11 days now. I've heard USPS has gotten bad, but 11 days without any fresh scans... any thoughts? Thanks
Who is the carrier? As long as it isn't USPS. The vendors I buy from rely on the standard major shipping companies.
 
CNCCurrency said:

BlueDog55 said:

I'm wondering whether there's any method to keep tracking my package once it has cleared customs here in the USA. I ran it through 17Track, and the updates showed it passing through Chicago, then arriving in Dallas on 5/17, then departing Dallas on 5/17 — and after that, nothing new for 11 days now. I've heard USPS has gotten bad, but 11 days without any fresh scans... any thoughts? Thanks
Who is the carrier? As long as it isn't USPS. The vendors I buy from rely on the standard major shipping companies.
I'm not sure which carrier picked it up in Dallas — USPS or a different one. I'll check with the Rep I placed the order with tonight, though I doubt they'd have that information either.
 
BlueDog55 said:

CNCCurrency said:

BlueDog55 said:

I'm wondering whether there's any method to keep tracking my package once it has cleared customs here in the USA. I ran it through 17Track, and the updates showed it passing through Chicago, then arriving in Dallas on 5/17, then departing Dallas on 5/17 — and after that, nothing new for 11 days now. I've heard USPS has gotten bad, but 11 days without any fresh scans... any thoughts? Thanks
Who is the carrier? As long as it isn't USPS. The vendors I buy from rely on the standard major shipping companies.
I'm not sure which carrier picked it up in Dallas — USPS or a different one. I'll check with the Rep I placed the order with tonight, though I doubt they'd have that information either.
Typically, 17Track displays which carrier is handling the package
 
A lot of the time, when no Fedex tracking number is provided, USPS ends up handling the delivery. Recently, though, I've seen that not every scan gets posted, so stretches of several days can pass with no new info. Signing up for USPS Informed Delivery is worth doing—it sends you notifications about parcels headed your way.
 
CNCCurrency said:

BlueDog55 said:

CNCCurrency said:

BlueDog55 said:

I'm wondering whether there's any method to keep tracking my package once it has cleared customs here in the USA. I ran it through 17Track, and the updates showed it passing through Chicago, then arriving in Dallas on 5/17, then departing Dallas on 5/17 — and after that, nothing new for 11 days now. I've heard USPS has gotten bad, but 11 days without any fresh scans... any thoughts? Thanks
Who is the carrier? As long as it isn't USPS. The vendors I buy from rely on the standard major shipping companies.
I'm not sure which carrier picked it up in Dallas — USPS or a different one. I'll check with the Rep I placed the order with tonight, though I doubt they'd have that information either.
Typically, 17Track displays which carrier is handling the package
Alright, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks
 
Pep_Hobbyist said:

A lot of the time, when no Fedex tracking number is provided, USPS ends up handling the delivery. Recently, though, I've seen that not every scan gets posted, so stretches of several days can pass with no new info. Signing up for USPS Informed Delivery is worth doing—it sends you notifications about parcels headed your way.
Appreciate it, I'll get registered for that and with any luck locate it there.
 
I went through something comparable. The final tracking update I got was customs clearance, yet the parcel still showed up at my door. Take a look around your house or wherever packages usually get left. Hopefully it's not sitting in some bush or hidden spot—that's happened to me before.
 
Back
Top