Today I Got a Glimpse of How It Feels to Be Normal Again

Seasonal1 said:

Will people who were once obese end up behaving like ex-smokers? Harsher and quicker to judge anyone still carrying extra weight than the crowd that was never fat at all?
Doesn't apply to me. Fixating on my own skinniness, or anyone else's, has never been my thing; in my view, many bodies are gorgeous just as they are. If someone else prefers to carry more weight, I have zero issue with that. On the claim that fat people are a shared financial burden: if insurers are truly so strained by fat people, then they should cover the medications that fix the problem. Boom. Done.

What will be harder for me now is feeling sorrow for unhappy folks who could leave their food prisons behind if these meds were affordable to them. So close, and yet so maddeningly far. If I were in that spot, I'd be sooo frustrated. My hope is that some pathway exists for them to get the drugs, if those drugs are what they need in order to lose the weight they wish to lose (which is how it's been for me, since nothing else worked). Whether it's $450/month through Lilly or even $200/month through telehealth, that price doesn't solve things for people with tight budgets -- and there are a lot of them. Figuring out gray isn't something everyone has the wherewithal to do, and it isn't only those who can manage that deserve to weigh what they want.

And yet -- gasp -- there are people who are content in larger bodies! Some people find those bodies attractive, and when people are sexually satisfied, the world is better off. A sizable subset of thin people thinks the world envies them and wishes to resemble them; that's -- partly true, partly not, and less true than they imagine. Truly, honestly, hand over my heart: I don't envy your 20 BMI (or your BMW either, lol). The first time I spent time with people like that, my mind was blown. For one thing, they devoted a LOT of time to judging others, and they did a huge amount of projecting onto other people. They weirdly saw every conflict as, "they're just jealous." Maybe that's actually why there's a backlash against GLP1s: thin people guarding their advantage, terrified that now "just anyone" can reach their source of pride.

After my first shot, I understood that I'd want this calm permanently, so I began looking right away for an affordable long-term source. That search brought me here, among other places, and the board and individual people who lent a hand have helped me beyond anything I could have imagined. (Thanks everyone!)
 
Just A Cat said:

Seasonal1 said:

Will people who were once obese end up behaving like ex-smokers? Harsher and quicker to judge anyone still carrying extra weight than the crowd that was never fat at all?
Perhaps the reverse occurs: we end up resembling the mormans.

Hey—we’ve never met, but I saw your weight problem and felt like coming by, speaking with you, and saving you.

🤣
The Downsized is a youtube channel I follow. Laraine, who appears on that show, says she does this very thing. Yikes. To me, other people’s weight is not really my concern. It is their decision, and I am at ease with people of every size. Should anyone ask me, that’s no issue, but I do not need to wander around waiting to be smacked in the face.
 
Seasonal1 said:

Will people who were once obese end up behaving like ex-smokers? Harsher and quicker to judge anyone still carrying extra weight than the crowd that was never fat at all?
My judgment is reserved for a single crowd: those who pen awful verse and brief fiction about their brand-name coverage disappearing, then surrender because destiny supposedly destined them to be fat and nothing can change it. If it came down to it, I'd pursue Tirz with the same intensity as someone hooked on crack. I'd plead, borrow, steal, find another job, take on a second, add a THIRD, or crack the grey market/buy compound. That bunch is foolish. As for the rest, they're making the most of whatever facts they currently possess.
 
cldfront said:

Seasonal1 said:

Will people who were once obese end up behaving like ex-smokers? Harsher and quicker to judge anyone still carrying extra weight than the crowd that was never fat at all?
My judgment is reserved for a single crowd: those who pen awful verse and brief fiction about their brand-name coverage disappearing, then surrender because destiny supposedly destined them to be fat and nothing can change it. If it came down to it, I'd pursue Tirz with the same intensity as someone hooked on crack. I'd plead, borrow, steal, find another job, take on a second, add a THIRD, or crack the grey market/buy compound. That bunch is foolish. As for the rest, they're making the most of whatever facts they currently possess.
Fair point. On FB, I’m seeing compounded Tirz reach about $99 per month. For someone who’d rather not go grey, that doesn’t strike me as outrageous.
 
Seasonal1 said:

cldfront said:

Seasonal1 said:

Will people who were once obese end up behaving like ex-smokers? Harsher and quicker to judge anyone still carrying extra weight than the crowd that was never fat at all?
My judgment is reserved for a single crowd: those who pen awful verse and brief fiction about their brand-name coverage disappearing, then surrender because destiny supposedly destined them to be fat and nothing can change it. If it came down to it, I'd pursue Tirz with the same intensity as someone hooked on crack. I'd plead, borrow, steal, find another job, take on a second, add a THIRD, or crack the grey market/buy compound. That bunch is foolish. As for the rest, they're making the most of whatever facts they currently possess.
Fair point. On FB, I’m seeing compounded Tirz reach about $99 per month. For someone who’d rather not go grey, that doesn’t strike me as outrageous.
A rug pull would definitely spook me. That’s the very reason I went gray to begin with. And if compound were to stop, what then..
 
Back
Top