Purpletree
Explorer
Okay, I need to start with some context: luck has never been on my side. I'm also short — 161cm — and I grew up in a very poor household where there wasn't much food. Because of that, whenever food appeared I ate it, whether I was hungry or not. On top of that, my father would eat food that was meant for my sister and me, which meant we ended up eating more than we needed. I also had intense food noise, especially since I gave birth nearly 5 years ago.
Before I started tirz, I was completely certain that the route to being fit, skinny, and everything else I wanted was to tally every single calorie. I'd been doing that for about the last 4 ish years, to the point where I could roughly count calories in a food just by assessing what was in it. And since awful food noise was something I dealt with, I was well aware of the reason I wasn't losing weight: my daily eating included 2-3000kcals worth of binges.
That's why I'm utterly fed up with counting calories. I know I should keep doing it, but it sets me off. Now that the food noise has finally quieted, I can actually live without tracking every bite. I still do the math in my head, but it's nothing like the obsessive way I did before tirz. Today I had a huge AHA! Moment. I asked my husband — 194cm/99kgs, someone who has stayed fit all his life — why he doesn't constantly think about food or what he'll eat next. He told me that once he's full, he can be offered pizza or dessert and he'll turn it down, because if he isn't physically hungry, he won't eat it. I was stunned. I remember, back before tirz, eating huge amounts of ANYTHING until I felt sick, then 20 minutes later opening the fridge for another snack. Apparently their minds just don't work like that??? He can be full from some boring meal, be offered KFC, and say no simply because he just ate???? Lol my flabbers were gasted….
Anyway… I feel that way now too, so right now I have the luxury of not weighing or counting my calories. I realize some people get this by default… for free… and I'm honestly surprised and a bit jealous haha. I just love being normal. I also know obesity is a disease that needs lifetime support to prevent relapse, and I'm gradually accepting that I'll never stop this stuff ever again. I'll be on it for the rest of my life. I'm only 26, so I like to think that will be a long time (hopefully, lol), and it makes me feel at peace with myself.
Before I started tirz, I was completely certain that the route to being fit, skinny, and everything else I wanted was to tally every single calorie. I'd been doing that for about the last 4 ish years, to the point where I could roughly count calories in a food just by assessing what was in it. And since awful food noise was something I dealt with, I was well aware of the reason I wasn't losing weight: my daily eating included 2-3000kcals worth of binges.
That's why I'm utterly fed up with counting calories. I know I should keep doing it, but it sets me off. Now that the food noise has finally quieted, I can actually live without tracking every bite. I still do the math in my head, but it's nothing like the obsessive way I did before tirz. Today I had a huge AHA! Moment. I asked my husband — 194cm/99kgs, someone who has stayed fit all his life — why he doesn't constantly think about food or what he'll eat next. He told me that once he's full, he can be offered pizza or dessert and he'll turn it down, because if he isn't physically hungry, he won't eat it. I was stunned. I remember, back before tirz, eating huge amounts of ANYTHING until I felt sick, then 20 minutes later opening the fridge for another snack. Apparently their minds just don't work like that??? He can be full from some boring meal, be offered KFC, and say no simply because he just ate???? Lol my flabbers were gasted….
Anyway… I feel that way now too, so right now I have the luxury of not weighing or counting my calories. I realize some people get this by default… for free… and I'm honestly surprised and a bit jealous haha. I just love being normal. I also know obesity is a disease that needs lifetime support to prevent relapse, and I'm gradually accepting that I'll never stop this stuff ever again. I'll be on it for the rest of my life. I'm only 26, so I like to think that will be a long time (hopefully, lol), and it makes me feel at peace with myself.