TMS for Depression or ADHD: Any Personal Experiences?

dogmom

Explorer
Joined
Oct 6, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
TMS stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.

I've been looking into this treatment, and I'm not sure whether my insurance will pay for it. From what I can tell, the price can run into thousands of dollars if you don't have coverage. If you've gone through it, did your symptoms change in any meaningful way?
 
dogmom said:

TMS stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.

I've been looking into this treatment, and I'm not sure whether my insurance will pay for it. From what I can tell, the price can run into thousands of dollars if you don't have coverage. If you've gone through it, did your symptoms change in any meaningful way?
Hi Dogmom. The VA provided this treatment to me, targeting both depression and anxiety. Their pitch was convincing, yet I experienced zero benefit. It also consumed a great deal of my time—roughly a month, with appointments on several days each week.

In case it helps, a stellate ganglion block gave me some degree of relief, and I was given a Gama brand vagus nerve stimulator, which permits you to deliver shocks twice per 24 hour period. Whether either of those would help with ADHD, I cannot say.
 
AndyPanda said:

dogmom said:

TMS stands for Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.

I've been looking into this treatment, and I'm not sure whether my insurance will pay for it. From what I can tell, the price can run into thousands of dollars if you don't have coverage. If you've gone through it, did your symptoms change in any meaningful way?
Hi Dogmom. The VA provided this treatment to me, targeting both depression and anxiety. Their pitch was convincing, yet I experienced zero benefit. It also consumed a great deal of my time—roughly a month, with appointments on several days each week.

In case it helps, a stellate ganglion block gave me some degree of relief, and I was given a Gama brand vagus nerve stimulator, which permits you to deliver shocks twice per 24 hour period. Whether either of those would help with ADHD, I cannot say.

I appreciate you sharing your experience. The clinic I'm using keeps strongly promoting TMS therapy. I've looked into it quite a bit. From what I've come across, serious side effects don't seem common; the main complaint is that when it fails to help, it feels like a big loss of both time and money.
 
Back
Top