CJsMom
Explorer
I came across a study that addresses this. In brief, cagrilintide can be brought up to its max dose (2.4mg) either over 4 weeks or over 16 weeks, and the gastrointestinal side effects did not differ in any meaningful way. That said, responses vary from person to person, so erring on the side of caution is wise.
“Lau et al.[7] had a faster titration regimen (up-titration to cagrilintide 2.4 mg by four weeks of therapy) compared to the study by Frias et al.[9] (up-titration to cagrilintide 2.4 mg by 16 weeks of treatment). We compared the gastrointestinal side effects among the two studies. The occurrence of gastrointestinal side effects was not significantly different among both the studies (rapid vs. slow up-titration of cagrilintide) [OR 2.08 (95% CI: 0.89, 4.88); P = 0..”
Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC11642503/
This appears in the safety section.
Even so, I intend to keep my own pace gradual, since 0.25mg clearly affected my RS’s appetite. I might stop titrating here.
“Lau et al.[7] had a faster titration regimen (up-titration to cagrilintide 2.4 mg by four weeks of therapy) compared to the study by Frias et al.[9] (up-titration to cagrilintide 2.4 mg by 16 weeks of treatment). We compared the gastrointestinal side effects among the two studies. The occurrence of gastrointestinal side effects was not significantly different among both the studies (rapid vs. slow up-titration of cagrilintide) [OR 2.08 (95% CI: 0.89, 4.88); P = 0..”
Source: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC11642503/
This appears in the safety section.
Even so, I intend to keep my own pace gradual, since 0.25mg clearly affected my RS’s appetite. I might stop titrating here.