Tirzepatide's PROVEN beneficial side effects, per Dr. Joseph

diplomat

Explorer
Joined
Jan 31, 2026
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
A YouTube analysis that is both wide ranging and prescient has just come out from Dr. Kevin Joseph, covering what are PROVEN to be beneficial 'side effects' of GLP1s - and of Tirzepatide especially.

Tirz benefits.

The many seriously beneficial effects he raises left me astounded - anyone with more depth and time in this field than me may already know all this, but my flabber has never been so gasted!
 
Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
 
Shittersfull said:

Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
Basically the answer is both. What newer research shows is inflammation falling, organ fat being lost, and other improvements beyond what comparable weight loss on its own would give.
 
TooGood76 said:

Shittersfull said:

Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
Basically the answer is both. What newer research shows is inflammation falling, organ fat being lost, and other improvements beyond what comparable weight loss on its own would give.
That is truly incredible. This research is something I will go looking for, to see how it was determined and by whom? Was it put out by the people profiting from it? Probably, and that on its own does not invalidate the info. It does, however, make me question it. My trust in a very untrustworthy system is set rather low.
 
Ok. The last few hours went on trying to read things far beyond my understanding. Plus plenty that are essentially summarised versions. Great stuff is in there. A believer is what I am becoming. My wife has never had much of an appetite. One day, I hope, a peptide turns up that does all of this without suppressing appetite, for the 1% of people who would want it.
 
diplomat said:

A YouTube analysis that is both wide ranging and prescient has just come out from Dr. Kevin Joseph, covering what are PROVEN to be beneficial 'side effects' of GLP1s - and of Tirzepatide especially.

Tirz benefits.

The many seriously beneficial effects he raises left me astounded - anyone with more depth and time in this field than me may already know all this, but my flabber has never been so gasted!
Being inclusive of all the evidence is not the aim here - any attempt at that would run far longer.

On the subject of proven benefits, a few caveats apply. Prospective clinical trials prove that Sema and Tirz both deliver benefits in humans beyond weight or diabetes, but for now only in particular groups of patients. Where diabetes or pre existing cardiovascular disease is present, they cut the risk of heart attack, stroke and diabetes development, and improve lipids, blood pressure and certain kinds of heart failure. In arthritis the outcomes improve both through losing weight and through mechanisms that are independent of weight.

Still unproven, though fairly likely, is whether the same benefits appear in lower risk general populations who simply have obesity - such people do not get sick often enough for reliable data unless a study is enormous or runs for decades. Nor will that change soon, since prospective trials of that kind would simply cost too much.

There are 2 further kinds of evidence: population based studies, which show a huge array of benefits for GLP drugs, and animal studies showing even more - suggestive and preliminary, but not to the standard of proven.
 
Shittersfull said:

Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
That's a solid question, and it's the one worth asking. The brief version: both are almost certainly at play, and the data keeps tilting toward genuine effects that don't depend on weight, rather than "losing fat just repairs everything."

The heart failure evidence is where the case is strongest. In the SUMMIT trial (NEJM), obese HFpEF patients were randomized to tirz or placebo, and over roughly 2 years there were actual reductions in the composite of CV death/worsening HF. What's relevant to your question, though, is this: multiple GLP-1/GIP mechanistic reviews note that tirzepatide lowers pericardial and epicardial fat, reduces cardiac inflammation, and improves chamber compliance in ways exceeding what body weight alone would predict. GLP-1 receptors are also expressed directly in heart tissue, brain, kidney, and gut, so a plausible direct-signaling route exists that doesn't need the scale to budge at all.

As for your non-responder question, that is in fact the cleanest natural experiment available to us. Should people who don't drop meaningful weight on tirz still demonstrate improvements in blood pressure, lipids, or inflammatory markers, that would be strong support for a weight-independent mechanism. In these communities, anecdotal reports from low/non-responders do include some blood pressure and triglyceride improvement, yet at a clearly smaller magnitude, consistent with a model in which weight loss carries much of the load but isn't the entire story.

The study design you propose (matched caloric restriction without the drug vs. drug-driven weight loss) is essentially what some rodent pair-feeding studies have used, and even in those, drug groups continue to show benefits beyond what pair-fed calorie-matched controls receive. So this isn't merely theoretical, actual pair-feeding literature exists suggesting a genuine independent drug effect, at least in animal models. Human RCTs that isolate the two variables are as difficult as you described, which is precisely why the field relies on these indirect approaches instead.
 
bananablack said:

Shittersfull said:

Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
That's a solid question, and it's the one worth asking. The brief version: both are almost certainly at play, and the data keeps tilting toward genuine effects that don't depend on weight, rather than "losing fat just repairs everything."

The heart failure evidence is where the case is strongest. In the SUMMIT trial (NEJM), obese HFpEF patients were randomized to tirz or placebo, and over roughly 2 years there were actual reductions in the composite of CV death/worsening HF. What's relevant to your question, though, is this: multiple GLP-1/GIP mechanistic reviews note that tirzepatide lowers pericardial and epicardial fat, reduces cardiac inflammation, and improves chamber compliance in ways exceeding what body weight alone would predict. GLP-1 receptors are also expressed directly in heart tissue, brain, kidney, and gut, so a plausible direct-signaling route exists that doesn't need the scale to budge at all.

As for your non-responder question, that is in fact the cleanest natural experiment available to us. Should people who don't drop meaningful weight on tirz still demonstrate improvements in blood pressure, lipids, or inflammatory markers, that would be strong support for a weight-independent mechanism. In these communities, anecdotal reports from low/non-responders do include some blood pressure and triglyceride improvement, yet at a clearly smaller magnitude, consistent with a model in which weight loss carries much of the load but isn't the entire story.

The study design you propose (matched caloric restriction without the drug vs. drug-driven weight loss) is essentially what some rodent pair-feeding studies have used, and even in those, drug groups continue to show benefits beyond what pair-fed calorie-matched controls receive. So this isn't merely theoretical, actual pair-feeding literature exists suggesting a genuine independent drug effect, at least in animal models. Human RCTs that isolate the two variables are as difficult as you described, which is precisely why the field relies on these indirect approaches instead.
That's quite a reaction — I appreciate it. You picked up on my argument and answered it head-on, which I respect, particularly the part where you said "it's almost certainly both". Once you've studied fasting, you understand what a powerful approach it can be. Carnivore plus intermittent fasting is how I dropped a significant amount of weight, and that was before I knew anything about glp's. To me it's clear that fasting is far more difficult to research, yet it still delivers results. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
 
Shittersfull said:

bananablack said:

Shittersfull said:

Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
That's a solid question, and it's the one worth asking. The brief version: both are almost certainly at play, and the data keeps tilting toward genuine effects that don't depend on weight, rather than "losing fat just repairs everything."

The heart failure evidence is where the case is strongest. In the SUMMIT trial (NEJM), obese HFpEF patients were randomized to tirz or placebo, and over roughly 2 years there were actual reductions in the composite of CV death/worsening HF. What's relevant to your question, though, is this: multiple GLP-1/GIP mechanistic reviews note that tirzepatide lowers pericardial and epicardial fat, reduces cardiac inflammation, and improves chamber compliance in ways exceeding what body weight alone would predict. GLP-1 receptors are also expressed directly in heart tissue, brain, kidney, and gut, so a plausible direct-signaling route exists that doesn't need the scale to budge at all.

As for your non-responder question, that is in fact the cleanest natural experiment available to us. Should people who don't drop meaningful weight on tirz still demonstrate improvements in blood pressure, lipids, or inflammatory markers, that would be strong support for a weight-independent mechanism. In these communities, anecdotal reports from low/non-responders do include some blood pressure and triglyceride improvement, yet at a clearly smaller magnitude, consistent with a model in which weight loss carries much of the load but isn't the entire story.

The study design you propose (matched caloric restriction without the drug vs. drug-driven weight loss) is essentially what some rodent pair-feeding studies have used, and even in those, drug groups continue to show benefits beyond what pair-fed calorie-matched controls receive. So this isn't merely theoretical, actual pair-feeding literature exists suggesting a genuine independent drug effect, at least in animal models. Human RCTs that isolate the two variables are as difficult as you described, which is precisely why the field relies on these indirect approaches instead.
That's quite a reaction — I appreciate it. You picked up on my argument and answered it head-on, which I respect, particularly the part where you said "it's almost certainly both". Once you've studied fasting, you understand what a powerful approach it can be. Carnivore plus intermittent fasting is how I dropped a significant amount of weight, and that was before I knew anything about glp's. To me it's clear that fasting is far more difficult to research, yet it still delivers results. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Good that it connected. What you're getting at is genuine — with fasting studies, the very same confounding issue exists, only it's been around longer. In animal work where variables are simpler to control, researchers examine mTOR suppression, increased autophagy, and the insulin-sensitivity improvements that come with prolonged fasting, yet once humans are involved, everything gets mixed together with that identical calorie-deficit/weight-loss confound you called out regarding tirz. Running a rigorous RCT on "consume nothing across 18 hours" is more difficult than giving a person a once-weekly shot, which means the fasting body of work depends on mechanistic and animal evidence to an even greater degree than GLP-1 research does.

It's notable that carnivore plus IF produced those results for you well before any GLP-1 entered the picture — you were effectively already conducting your own personal version of that natural experiment.
 
bananablack said:

Shittersfull said:

bananablack said:

Shittersfull said:

Your meaning comes across loud and clear. Early in my own education (not long ago at all) I watched that guy's reta video. Much the same pitch - "it's way better than just wight loss" - and it opened my eyes. So I began researching, and everywhere people say the same: "helps with all kinds of great things"

Which probably explains why few people have replied to this thread - the information is already sitting here. A search will find it.

What I question, though, is whether tirz is responsible for all these great things, or the weight loss is - with tirz merely being the tool that makes the weight loss possible?

Proving it realistically, I do not think, is possible. Two options occur to me:

1. A group of people would have to eat as if on tirz, but without it. Cheating would have to be impossible, which means an inpatient study is the only route. Then compare against the tirz group.

2. Take a group on tirz and have them eat as though they were not on it. Compare them with people not on tirz who eat identically. Who would sign up for that? It sounds nearly impossible.

And what of all the non- responders? Where tirz does not curb their appetite, do the other benefits still arrive?

There's some tirz non responders here. Perhaps they can chime in? I think I know the answer, but I hope I'm wrong...
That's a solid question, and it's the one worth asking. The brief version: both are almost certainly at play, and the data keeps tilting toward genuine effects that don't depend on weight, rather than "losing fat just repairs everything."

The heart failure evidence is where the case is strongest. In the SUMMIT trial (NEJM), obese HFpEF patients were randomized to tirz or placebo, and over roughly 2 years there were actual reductions in the composite of CV death/worsening HF. What's relevant to your question, though, is this: multiple GLP-1/GIP mechanistic reviews note that tirzepatide lowers pericardial and epicardial fat, reduces cardiac inflammation, and improves chamber compliance in ways exceeding what body weight alone would predict. GLP-1 receptors are also expressed directly in heart tissue, brain, kidney, and gut, so a plausible direct-signaling route exists that doesn't need the scale to budge at all.

As for your non-responder question, that is in fact the cleanest natural experiment available to us. Should people who don't drop meaningful weight on tirz still demonstrate improvements in blood pressure, lipids, or inflammatory markers, that would be strong support for a weight-independent mechanism. In these communities, anecdotal reports from low/non-responders do include some blood pressure and triglyceride improvement, yet at a clearly smaller magnitude, consistent with a model in which weight loss carries much of the load but isn't the entire story.

The study design you propose (matched caloric restriction without the drug vs. drug-driven weight loss) is essentially what some rodent pair-feeding studies have used, and even in those, drug groups continue to show benefits beyond what pair-fed calorie-matched controls receive. So this isn't merely theoretical, actual pair-feeding literature exists suggesting a genuine independent drug effect, at least in animal models. Human RCTs that isolate the two variables are as difficult as you described, which is precisely why the field relies on these indirect approaches instead.
That's quite a reaction — I appreciate it. You picked up on my argument and answered it head-on, which I respect, particularly the part where you said "it's almost certainly both". Once you've studied fasting, you understand what a powerful approach it can be. Carnivore plus intermittent fasting is how I dropped a significant amount of weight, and that was before I knew anything about glp's. To me it's clear that fasting is far more difficult to research, yet it still delivers results. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Good that it connected. What you're getting at is genuine — with fasting studies, the very same confounding issue exists, only it's been around longer. In animal work where variables are simpler to control, researchers examine mTOR suppression, increased autophagy, and the insulin-sensitivity improvements that come with prolonged fasting, yet once humans are involved, everything gets mixed together with that identical calorie-deficit/weight-loss confound you called out regarding tirz. Running a rigorous RCT on "consume nothing across 18 hours" is more difficult than giving a person a once-weekly shot, which means the fasting body of work depends on mechanistic and animal evidence to an even greater degree than GLP-1 research does.

It's notable that carnivore plus IF produced those results for you well before any GLP-1 entered the picture — you were effectively already conducting your own personal version of that natural experiment.
To be honest, when I was doing strict carnivore with just 1 meal a day, the weight came off quicker than it does now. These days I'm on reta, not quite as strict with carnivore, and I slip up every now and then. Still, this approach is simpler and I can keep it going long term.

I get what you're saying. You're sharp.
 
Back
Top