Tirzepatide plus Reta: when does it kick in, and is it wise?

DazDillinger

Explorer
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Right now I'm running Reta at 6mg, and the plan is holding up fine. In the past I've gone as high as 10.5 without anything beyond sensitive skin. Instead of pushing the dose higher, I'm considering stacking 2.5 of tirz for its anti-inflammatory effects and hunger control. My thinking was to hold off until vacation, so I wouldn't need to pack anything. How soon should the extra appetite suppression from tirz show up, and does this seem like a smart move? Thanks!
 
I went the other direction: reta was stacked onto my tirzepatide. Tirz was never high for me — 5 mg was my ceiling. Once I put 2.5 of reta into the mix, the final 10 lbs came off and I hit my goal weight, though the combination gave me a handful of hypoglycemic episodes. The scariest glucose number I saw was 45 md/dL; across the time I was on both, my readings sat around 75-85 mg/dL on average. As for tirz, the claim is that appetite suppression appears by 12h post-injection, but for me it arrives closer to 4h. One more thing worth knowing: with Tirz, dehydration becomes more likely and blood pressure can drop afterward, since it dampens thirst alongside appetite.
 
When does your vacation start?

Once you add 2.5mg of Tirz, it needs roughly ~24 hours before reaching peak, though the appetite-quieting effect may take a couple-few days to kick in when you're just beginning. It doesn't act especially quickly, particularly when there's no existing baseline in your system.

If this is going to become a regular, ongoing thing, what's the reason for waiting instead of starting today?

Cagri might work better as a PRN-style appetite suppressor, but even then it can take most of a day before your appetite flattens out (I haven't tried it myself).
 
I went straight from Tirz over to Reta without tapering. Even though the hunger-curbing effect got weaker, my preference is to allow the glucagon to work on its own rather than dilute it by adding another glp.
 
I'm running both at the same time. I split the doses. My appetite has basically disappeared. I'm still able to eat, and I do want to eat, but deciding when and what to eat has gotten a lot simpler.
 
woundcarping said:

When does your vacation start?

Once you add 2.5mg of Tirz, it needs roughly ~24 hours before reaching peak, though the appetite-quieting effect may take a couple-few days to kick in when you're just beginning. It doesn't act especially quickly, particularly when there's no existing baseline in your system.

If this is going to become a regular, ongoing thing, what's the reason for waiting instead of starting today?

Cagri might work better as a PRN-style appetite suppressor, but even then it can take most of a day before your appetite flattens out (I haven't tried it myself).
I'm heading out for February break, only 5 days, so my plan was to take the tirz dose right before departure. With cagri, both attempts left me feeling terrible — serious fatigue, even at .25. It did kill my appetite, sure, but I'm not about to spend a vacation feeling that way.
 
In my opinion, sema would be the better choice. I'd like to give that a try, since cagri no longer does anything for me.
 
Gohengrin said:

In my opinion, sema would be the better choice. I'd like to give that a try, since cagri no longer does anything for me.
My apologies. Given the GIP component, wouldn't tirzepatide be the stronger option?
 
Back
Top