Tirzepatide no longer effective

Grogu said:

5byfive said:

I don't mean to come across as combative, yet my position hasn't changed. These trials aren't built to fine-tune the protocol; their aim is FDA clearance and media coverage. Everyone gets pushed upward fast to a set dose, then it stops there. As additional research comes out, my guess is we'll see that if diet is accounted for and the dose is raised according to weight loss rather than a calendar, people will climb doses more gradually and the medication will keep working for a longer stretch. Any specific dose will probably lose some punch as the body adjusts, but it defies logic that it would quit entirely, even when the dose goes up. In my view, a person who adjusts their diet and moves up in dose more slowly, guided by results and pounds lost, won't fare much worse than someone who doesn't do that and simply keeps raising the dose to shed weight. That also means the slower escalator has more room left to go up later, so they won't run into a ceiling on effectiveness at roughly the 1-year mark. Seems fairly sound to me. Eventually there will be more detailed studies that dissect this and either confirm or refute it, but I'm sticking with that take.

Good-faith disagreement is healthy, and everyone is allowed to hold their own views, myself included. I'll freely acknowledge that my perspective is shaped by my own circumstances: I was someone who had 100+ pounds to shed, which amounted to 39% of the weight I started at. And honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I wish the scenario you're describing were how things actually work. Yet when it comes to people with severe obesity, slow titration paired with low doses strikes me as a recipe where a lot of people simply never reach their target.

Take a relative of mine: she dropped 50 pounds without ever exceeding 2mg. She sits 3 pounds away from her goal and never once increased her dose. That said, she has only been on tirzepatide for roughly 9 months. Still, I suspect she wouldn't even have been eligible for the drug under the conventional criteria, since her BMI never went above 30 and she had no other medical conditions.

So if you (or anybody who reads this later) resemble my relative, then fine, sure, start low and move slowly. But when someone has a serious amount of weight to lose, that approach strikes me as illogical.

As of right now, I've dropped 115#s, which is 34% of my starting body weight. Plainly, I've sailed way beyond what the clinical trials predicted I would lose. My titration was fast and furious. I never sat around waiting through month-long stalls to decide my next dose. It's established that larger doses of every one of these medications produce the greatest weight loss, and that's the bottom line.
That was a pretty blunt reality check.

Grogu said:

5byfive said:

I don't mean to come across as combative, yet my position hasn't changed. These trials aren't built to fine-tune the protocol; their aim is FDA clearance and media coverage. Everyone gets pushed upward fast to a set dose, then it stops there. As additional research comes out, my guess is we'll see that if diet is accounted for and the dose is raised according to weight loss rather than a calendar, people will climb doses more gradually and the medication will keep working for a longer stretch. Any specific dose will probably lose some punch as the body adjusts, but it defies logic that it would quit entirely, even when the dose goes up. In my view, a person who adjusts their diet and moves up in dose more slowly, guided by results and pounds lost, won't fare much worse than someone who doesn't do that and simply keeps raising the dose to shed weight. That also means the slower escalator has more room left to go up later, so they won't run into a ceiling on effectiveness at roughly the 1-year mark. Seems fairly sound to me. Eventually there will be more detailed studies that dissect this and either confirm or refute it, but I'm sticking with that take.

Good-faith disagreement is healthy, and everyone is allowed to hold their own views, myself included. I'll freely acknowledge that my perspective is shaped by my own circumstances: I was someone who had 100+ pounds to shed, which amounted to 39% of the weight I started at. And honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I wish the scenario you're describing were how things actually work. Yet when it comes to people with severe obesity, slow titration paired with low doses strikes me as a recipe where a lot of people simply never reach their target.

Take a relative of mine: she dropped 50 pounds without ever exceeding 2mg. She sits 3 pounds away from her goal and never once increased her dose. That said, she has only been on tirzepatide for roughly 9 months. Still, I suspect she wouldn't even have been eligible for the drug under the conventional criteria, since her BMI never went above 30 and she had no other medical conditions.

So if you (or anybody who reads this later) resemble my relative, then fine, sure, start low and move slowly. But when someone has a serious amount of weight to lose, that approach strikes me as illogical.

As of right now, I've dropped 115#s, which is 34% of my starting body weight. Plainly, I've sailed way beyond what the clinical trials predicted I would lose. My titration was fast and furious. I never sat around waiting through month-long stalls to decide my next dose. It's established that larger doses of every one of these medications produce the greatest weight loss, and that's the bottom line.
This is the way.

researchpeptideturk said:

Hi everyone,

I've been on Tirzepatide for some time, and for roughly 6 months I've also been including Cagritilinde. Each week I use 3mg of Tirzepatide along with 0.5mg of Cagritilinde. Lately, I've started to sense that it's stopped doing its job in some way; my appetite is still reduced, yet the urges to eat have returned, and I'm able to consume large amounts once more. What should I do next?
From memory, 3mg sounds like too small an amount. I'd raise it to 5mg, either increasing gradually or adding a smaller Reta dose all at once. It comes down to how much weight you still need to drop.
 
My tirz dose hit 5 mg during week 2 rather than month 2. That came from a prescribed, aggressive titration plan — perhaps written by a quack, though in this case a local, board-certified internist who treats plenty of patients with GLPs.

anhydrous said:

How much rate matters varies from person to person. It's clear that in trials they enroll extremely ill subjects and push doses up very fast, aiming to demonstrate the highest rate across the largest number of people within a set timeframe. Other approaches will be needed that prioritize things like comfort, adherence, and dropout rate more heavily.
Right — certain individuals are super responders (think 1-mg reta users still shedding weight after months at that dose), while others require 20 mg of tirz merely to hold steady. The majority of us land somewhere between those poles. Beyond that, there are genuine non-responders: people who have not truly dropped any weight regardless of dose.
 
Don't increase your dose. I needed to pause it for 6 weeks because of anesthesia for a procedure. Once I restarted it (with my doctor watching over it), it hit me like a freight train.

My suggestion: take some time off first, then resume from the starting dose.

My situation is the opposite — at 2.5/5/7 I dropped 10 lbs/month without fail. Funny enough, 10 was where I got stuck, and my doc had me space my injections out to 10-14 days, which oddly led to more loss. Right now I'm grey and back down at 7.5, still losing.
 
researchpeptideturk said:

Hi everyone,

I've been on Tirzepatide for some time, and for roughly 6 months I've also been including Cagritilinde. Each week I use 3mg of Tirzepatide along with 0.5mg of Cagritilinde. Lately, I've started to sense that it's stopped doing its job in some way; my appetite is still reduced, yet the urges to eat have returned, and I'm able to consume large amounts once more. What should I do next?
Raise your Tirz dose to 5mg, and if results still aren't coming, go to 7.5. At those higher Tirz levels, Cag won't be necessary whatsoever
 
researchpeptideturk said:

Hi everyone,

I've been on Tirzepatide for some time, and for roughly 6 months I've also been including Cagritilinde. Each week I use 3mg of Tirzepatide along with 0.5mg of Cagritilinde. Lately, I've started to sense that it's stopped doing its job in some way; my appetite is still reduced, yet the urges to eat have returned, and I'm able to consume large amounts once more. What should I do next?
Is your appetite up across the board, or does it mainly spike just before the next shot is due?
 
researchpeptideturk said:

Hi everyone,

I've been on Tirzepatide for some time, and for roughly 6 months I've also been including Cagritilinde. Each week I use 3mg of Tirzepatide along with 0.5mg of Cagritilinde. Lately, I've started to sense that it's stopped doing its job in some way; my appetite is still reduced, yet the urges to eat have returned, and I'm able to consume large amounts once more. What should I do next?
To stay at the lowest dose of tirz that still works, I've always gone by this titration flow chart.
aaa23a82993c28fccb35562defa1b50641d81923e929b0a125cc7f974e41932f.webp
 
claiming it's ineffective at 3mg isn't right. there's still room to go 5x higher than that 🙂 your receptors adapt to the dose, which is exactly why titration upward is possible 😀
 
TazaTaza said:

Don't increase your dose. I needed to pause it for 6 weeks because of anesthesia for a procedure. Once I restarted it (with my doctor watching over it), it hit me like a freight train.

My suggestion: take some time off first, then resume from the starting dose.

My situation is the opposite — at 2.5/5/7 I dropped 10 lbs/month without fail. Funny enough, 10 was where I got stuck, and my doc had me space my injections out to 10-14 days, which oddly led to more loss. Right now I'm grey and back down at 7.5, still losing.
What were your starting and goal weights, if you don't mind me asking?
 
Back
Top