Tirzepatide has cut my electricity costs.

ochoseis

Explorer
Joined
Mar 22, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Besides spending less on groceries after I began tirzepatide, this billing period's power bill came in $95 below the same period 1 year ago.

Back when I weighed 235lbs, the moment it warmed up outside I'd drop the thermostat to 65-68° and the unit would grind away the whole summer. For the last 2 months the AC has stayed off; I leave windows open overnight and barely give it a thought.

When we got back from work this evening, my boyfriend asked what was happening in this house, were we in a sauna?! I asked what he meant. The house was 74° and it hadn't even crossed my mind. 🤣

I know this will ruffle some feathers on both sides of the thermostat, but I did open a few windows, it's now 70° in here, and I've just pulled out my Snuggie.
 
I haven't done a power bill comparison, but one change I've noticed is that 72° feels fine to me these days, whereas during the warm season last year I needed 68°. When winter came around, I used to let the house drop to 62°.

At a venue this weekend I felt cold and found myself wanting a long sleeve or a hoodie,

This works for me, and I'm eager to find out whether working outdoors this summer becomes more pleasant because of it.
 
LOL yes!

the AC in my car no longer groans in fear beneath me and my appetite for freezing air each summer.. and that's before the grocery bill.. 100s less..
 
Cold has always been my normal. Getting fat was a shock — I had no idea I'd run that hot. I still can't sleep without a fan or something going, otherwise I overheat, and I'm comfortably inside HWP. Thanks menopause.
 
I haven't laid eyes on the power bill so far, though spring is coming where I live in the NE.

Last summer, a 75ºF bedroom left me feeling awful. A few nights back, the room was 75ºF at bedtime, and it actually felt quite pleasant.

I can't wait for a summer that's easier to get through!

Then again, the winter just past was rough. Work kept me away for most of it (3 mo's gone), and whatever part I was around for got eaten up by the wood stove: hauling wood, chopping wood, stoking the fire, dragging the recliner closer and closer...
 
Back
Top