Tirzepatide for 5 months: 67 lbs lost

dustinst22

Explorer
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
This medication has been incredible. My blood pressure used to sit around 135/90, and now it's normalized to roughly 115/75. The snoring is entirely gone. My resting heart rate is currently in the high 40s. I've dropped this amount of weight multiple times in the past, yet I always gained it back. For the first time, it seems like something I can maintain. I still need to lose about 10 lbs before reaching my target, and I'm also focusing on body recomposition. I had thought about making the switch to Reta, but once I learned about the problems involving a higher resting heart rate, I decided I'll stay on tirzepatide.
 
Nice work. That’s amazing progress. Would you be open to sharing what you’ve been doing for diet and exercise, apart from the Tirz?
 
r4000 said:

Nice work. That’s amazing progress. Would you be open to sharing what you’ve been doing for diet and exercise, apart from the Tirz?
My approach has been pretty simple. I centered my eating on whole foods with protein as the main focus, plus a good amount of Peloton power zone rides, walking, and a bit of calisthenics. These days I'm shifting toward building strength and flexibility through yoga. I've done a fair amount of reading on metabolic disorder, and the hard truth is that dropping weight by itself won't fix it — you have to add movement.
 
dustinst22 said:

This medication has been incredible. My blood pressure used to sit around 135/90, and now it's normalized to roughly 115/75. The snoring is entirely gone. My resting heart rate is currently in the high 40s. I've dropped this amount of weight multiple times in the past, yet I always gained it back. For the first time, it seems like something I can maintain. I still need to lose about 10 lbs before reaching my target, and I'm also focusing on body recomposition. I had thought about making the switch to Reta, but once I learned about the problems involving a higher resting heart rate, I decided I'll stay on tirzepatide.
Nice work, big guy... If it isn't broken, don't fix it. What dose are you taking??? Any plans to taper down on the Tirz??? Let us know how maintenance goes...
 
skeptick said:

dustinst22 said:

This medication has been incredible. My blood pressure used to sit around 135/90, and now it's normalized to roughly 115/75. The snoring is entirely gone. My resting heart rate is currently in the high 40s. I've dropped this amount of weight multiple times in the past, yet I always gained it back. For the first time, it seems like something I can maintain. I still need to lose about 10 lbs before reaching my target, and I'm also focusing on body recomposition. I had thought about making the switch to Reta, but once I learned about the problems involving a higher resting heart rate, I decided I'll stay on tirzepatide.
Nice work, big guy... If it isn't broken, don't fix it. What dose are you taking??? Any plans to taper down on the Tirz??? Let us know how maintenance goes...
7.5 mg is where I've landed. Since that amount worked well for me, there didn't seem to be any point in continuing to increase it.

After reaching my goal, my plan is likely to hold steady for around 2 months, then figure out whether to drop down to 5 mg or perhaps space doses out to once every 10 days.
 
This thread has an update:




10 months before ➡️ after (Tirzepatide)



49 years old ⚖️ 227 lbs → 143 lbs (-84 lbs) 📉 Body fat via Dexa Scan: ~37% → 12% 📊 BMI: 35.6 → 22.6 📏 Waist: 40" → 30" 👖 Pants: 38 → 28 👕 Shirt: XL → S/XS ❤️ Blood pressure: 155/90 → ~110/65 💊 No longer on blood pressure medication 🫀 Resting heart rate: 87 → ~50 🧬 DEXA biological age...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
@dustinst22 that works out to roughly 1.68 lbs weekly on average. Was your weight loss fairly steady from one week to the next? Or did it follow a stop-and-go pattern, where you dropped a lot in a single week and then saw little change for 2 or 3 weeks, making the decline uneven?
 
ChicagoFit said:

@dustinst22 that works out to roughly 1.68 lbs weekly on average. Was your weight loss fairly steady from one week to the next? Or did it follow a stop-and-go pattern, where you dropped a lot in a single week and then saw little change for 2 or 3 weeks, making the decline uneven?
Most of the loss came early, during the first 4 months; after that it slowed and then flattened out.
 
Back
Top