Tirzepatide Combined With B12: Possible Safety Concerns

This type of nonsense is exactly why I switched to the grey market originally. My compounded triz (B6) worked well for me since my HSA covered it and I still spent less. Now that results are showing, though, there’s a risk it gets pulled. A couple years back, I was given the option of a moujaro prescription, but the cost was too high for me.

The convenience of the compounding pharmacy appeals to me, but worrying it might disappear has led me to stockpile research supplies for three years.
 
Turbo-Farmer said:

This type of nonsense is exactly why I switched to the grey market originally. My compounded triz (B6) worked well for me since my HSA covered it and I still spent less. Now that results are showing, though, there’s a risk it gets pulled. A couple years back, I was given the option of a moujaro prescription, but the cost was too high for me.

The convenience of the compounding pharmacy appeals to me, but worrying it might disappear has led me to stockpile research supplies for three years.
Thinking back to when I got my very first freezer 😂
 
It’s quite possible that tirzepatide bound to b12 poses no harm, yet absent real testing, there’s no way to confirm whether that’s true. At the same time, it can’t be ruled out that a toxicity exists which doesn’t show up right away—so what level of risk would be acceptable? Inherently, injecting compounds whose properties are entirely unknown is unsafe. To test this properly, you’d need at minimum solid in vitro work and animal studies, and likely human trials before it could be called truly safe. You’d also need research into how much, how frequently, and under what conditions this reaction takes place. Compounders won’t pay for that. It really does look like they combine when mixed, and this isn’t a rare, isolated occurrence. There’s simply no way compounders would be aware this was happening unless testing after compounding was done with the appropriate assays. I can picture them sending their Chinese-sourced peptides to an independent lab before mixing them for sale, but I don’t see any reason they’d repeat testing after combining with a common molecule that has no known history of reacting in that way. Large pharmaceutical companies do examine their formulations extremely carefully—the last thing they want is something unforeseen emerging later, damaging their reputation and possibly costing billions—but compounders don’t operate anywhere near that scale. They will not keep using b12 with GLP drugs; the risk and potential liability are simply too great.
 
Back
Top