Tirzepatide and food noise: does anyone else still get cravings?

personally... my mind still goes to lunch and dinner plans. the difference is I can't settle on anything, since nothing appeals the way it used to. a few donuts used to be my "quick snack" right before bed. these days that idea doesn't even cross my mind.
 
indolent said:

NagChamp said:

Week 2 for me as well, at 2.5mg of Tirz.

Food noise used to have total control over me. Roughly every 2-3 hours a craving to eat would kick in, and if I went more than about an hour without getting food, brain fog would set in along with serious hanger. Keeping it in check was a struggle, and I'm sure I wasn't pleasant to be around because of it!

These days the difference is enormous. Food no longer runs my life. I still eat, but holding a small deficit isn't a battle. Portions have shrunk, and I'm not wandering the kitchen hunting for something to quiet that endless hunger.

That said, on day 6 this week the hanger came back! I was waiting on someone so we could go to lunch, and when I didn't eat within a reasonable window, the same brain fog and irritation showed up again. Next week I need to plan around this and remember it can still happen!
Should the Day 6 effect persist while you keep raising the dose according to the standard schedule, that suggests you may do well with injections every 5 days or every 3.5 days. Naturally, the dose would need to be adjusted on each occasion.

https://glp1plotter.com/ can show you various approaches and how they affect the levels in your body
Appreciate the advice! I'll bear that in mind as the next few weeks go by

(today is day 6... fingers crossed for me and everyone who has to put up with me 🤣)
 
onwuz1234 said:

I’m in week 2 of Tirzepatide, taking 5mg, and I honestly can’t say for sure whether the “food noise” has actually stopped or if I’m partly imagining it.

That said, my early response seems fairly positive.

Right now I’m following 16:8 intermittent fasting. When I eat my first meal around noon, I feel full on portions that would usually have me going back for more. Sometimes I really have no desire to eat. Even so, cravings do still pop up now and then — peanuts especially — and I can eat a couple handfuls without any problem. I had assumed Tirz would wipe out cravings/food noise entirely, so I’m wondering if other people still get some cravings even while doing well overall.

A few things I’ve noticed:

  • Down just over 2kg during week 1 (no idea how much is water weight versus fat loss)
  • No significant side effects
  • One day of sulphur burps, but much milder than some accounts I’ve seen, and they went away after I slept
  • My Fitbit resting heart rate looks a bit higher than usual, though I haven’t gotten any abnormal HR alerts

All in all I feel good, but I’m trying to figure out what a “normal” early response looks like. I’d like to hear from others:

  • Did your cravings go away completely?
  • How long until the appetite suppression/food noise reduction became clear?
  • Did anyone else see a small HR rise in the beginning?
Sounds like it's starting to work .

A handful of separate things get done to eating behaviour by these GLP drugs. Early satiation is one you have already noticed — feeling full on less food than it used to take to get that full. Myself, I do not think that had ever happened to me before; getting through even a modest plate of food was not something I managed once ozempic had started.

Food aversion is another thing it can bring on, which usually comes with nausea, where some foods you previously did feel like eating are just not appealing any more.

Hunger itself gets turned down straight out, so skipping meals for longer than before slides by without registering, until eventually the thought lands that food is overdue.

Thoughts about food stop coming as often, ( this is what I think people call food noise ) and cravings for high calorie foods come down. ( not sure it is possible to get rid of cravings totally )

Shopping habits shift too, on GLP's people buy healthier foods.

Heart rate goes up on tirzepatide especially early on, before drifting towards normal again over time. The rise is not as big as the one reta gives.

Suphur burps only lasted briefly for me on tirz I think, and the cause is genuinely unclear to me, microbiome changes presumably, hopefully yours go away.

Weight loss is too early to judge in that opening stretch of weeks or a month, since a lot of what shifts on that timescale is fluid anyway; a genuine read on fat loss rather than fluid may take 2-3 months.

If weight loss is the aim: peanuts are healthy, yes, but as a snack they are very calorie dense, 3 or 400 calories slide in without even trying, so maybe measure them out in 20 gram or 100 calorie bags, so you can keep a lid on extra calories. Fruit is my main snack food rather than these, most fruits are around 50 kcal/100 grams, unlike peanuts at 500kcal/100 grams, so too many calories from fruit is nearly impossible — 250 calories is half a kilo, so that much at a time is really hard to actually eat without feeling too full, whereas the same is easy with 100g of peanuts, several times day, and the weight comes on.

Each person's response differs when it comes to effects, side effects and their timing. The drug company dosing schedule is your main guide — and for tirz it is sensible — together with hunger levels, any side effects, and the rate at which weight comes off. My opinion: the target dose depends mostly on how much you are aiming to shift. Where it is a lot, say 20% body weight plus, then 15mg is probably where you land, while lower doses may work for lower weight loss targets.
 
For me, food noise meant lying in bed and suddenly wanting a snack, even right after a meal. If food was in front of me, I couldn't just leave it — I'd eat it, period. Whatever the serving size, my plate always ended up empty. Tirzepatide changed that: now I can pick whatever sounds best and is healthiest, rather than choosing based on which option would give me the biggest amount.
 
Back
Top