Tirz Side Effects?

lessthanhalf said:

Ozempic at a low dose of 0.8mg/week gave me terrible nausea and malaise for a whole year. In contrast, when I moved to tirz and raised it to 15mg/week within 1 month, side effects were barely present—occasional mild nausea and a single instance where my skin felt odd. My method involved taking smaller doses more often; I'm not suggesting others do the same, but it does appear that how each person reacts to side effects varies enormously.
How many separate doses do you divide the 15mg/week into?

I'm asking since I'm unsure whether an even division, or perhaps adding a bit more later in the week, works better.

I still haven't figured out which approach suits me. Thanks 😇
 
Since Ozempic gave me nausea, and I figured out that dosing on the second day cut it down somewhat, I simply stuck with that same routine, raising it slowly across a month. Initially I assumed tirz would only slightly improve the nausea and that I would require a far smaller dose, yet my nausea was dramatically reduced, which was a pleasant surprise. That said, the larger dose would have been far too expensive ( $690 Au/mo ), and fortunately I came across this forum around then. I am still dosing on the 2nd day, in part because a third day or twice weekly is simpler to get wrong, and in part out of laziness and because that pattern feels familiar; it likely does mean fewer side effects, and if I switched to weekly I would have to be cautious since I have no clue what a 15 mg dose would do to me, so I remain on tirz 4.5mg/2days plus 1.4mg reta every 2 days. Dosing more often really only helps to keep side effects down or when attempting to raise doses faster.
 
One more thing that might be a side effect: cigars no longer have the same taste. It's kind of similar to what I said about red wine; it isn't awful, but there's a strange flavor, and it doesn't match what I recall from 3 months ago when I had my last one.
 
I took 2.5mg of Zepbound across a 3 month span.

  • Appetite went down
  • Constipation
  • During week 2, diarrhea hit for a single day. (only that one time, likely because the medication shocked my system)
  • Fatigue was strong until I started making certain to get food and water, or water mixed with electrolyte powder.
Constipation stuck around the whole time until retatrutide became my switch. Somehow, I'm nearly on a regular schedule and my food intake is higher, yet the scale hasn't moved up. Reta rocks!
 
The usual nausea and constipation have shown up for me, though I've been able to keep them under control using medications and supplements. What I didn't anticipate at all was that tirzepatide would eliminate my long-standing neck pain and headaches. I feel incredibly grateful for that, but it's disappointing when the day before my next injection arrives, the drug's effects fade and the pain returns even worse than before.
 
Back
Top