Tirz Restart After a Pause — Which Dose to Use?

darkstars

Explorer
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
London UK
I had been getting tirz from the pharmacy for a year, and my last dose was about 8 weeks back.

T60 is on its way to me shortly (my previous doses had reached 15mg).

My thought is to begin at 5mg for the first 2 weeks, checking how well I handle it, then move up through 7.5 and 10 each month if needed. Does that sound reasonable, or ought I to begin below 5mg?

Thanks!
 
My uncle was off for four months, then jumped back in at 7.5. That led to two enemas, him stripped down beside the road, and the greatest family reunion tale anyone can remember. If it were me, I'd begin with 2.5.
 
I paused for 1 month not long ago, then resumed at 5mg. The 1st round, effects showed up within 3 days at most. So I moved up fast. Likely 10mg by the following week.

Really annoying. Nothing registered until I was back at 15mg.

If you've read or followed what I've posted, it's 19.5mg each week in reality. A small dose on Thursday, then a large one on Saturday. (I'm still not losing weight since I'm overfed) Zoo-keeper🙄

Disclaimer - how you responded the 1st time is something only you can know. From what I've seen anecdotally, the 2nd round responds less. Studies show 7% where it does nothing whatsoever right from the start. Allow yourself sufficient time to confirm things are fine before moving to the next step.
 
Nausea, vomiting, and delayed stomach emptying are areas where tolerance genuinely develops with GLP medications, so losing some of that tolerance across 8 weeks is plausible. It also matters somewhat which side effects you experienced when you raised your tirz doses in the past.

Clearly, the lowest risk approach is to begin with small doses and slowly work back up. Should you prefer to raise doses faster than the standard schedule, the safest route is using smaller, more frequent doses. This keeps each blood level peak lower, and blood levels will return to pre-dose values in only 2 or 3 days, meaning dosing twice weekly or every second day. As a restarting dose, 2.5mg twice a week is less likely to trigger troublesome side effects than 5mg once a week. It also allows for small dose bumps more often, for example 2.5 to 3.5 mg twice a week within a week or two, but if side effects do appear, it is important to slow or halt dose increases until things settle. Once you reach the weekly dose you want, you can gradually raise one half of the doses while lowering the other half until you are back to once a week. Before doing this, though, you need to check out glp plotter so you understand the drug pharmacokinetics, and attempting this without prior GLP drug experience is not such a great idea. When I switched from semaglutide to tirz, I used this process to go from 1mg to 15mg/week in a month. Generally, the faster you push dose increases, the higher the chance of unpleasant side effects.
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

My uncle was off for four months, then jumped back in at 7.5. That led to two enemas, him stripped down beside the road, and the greatest family reunion tale anyone can remember. If it were me, I'd begin with 2.5.
man, that is killing me LOL
 
darkstars said:

I had been getting tirz from the pharmacy for a year, and my last dose was about 8 weeks back.

T60 is on its way to me shortly (my previous doses had reached 15mg).

My thought is to begin at 5mg for the first 2 weeks, checking how well I handle it, then move up through 7.5 and 10 each month if needed. Does that sound reasonable, or ought I to begin below 5mg?

Thanks!
Getting back on Tirz can work out fine, but begin with a small dose — 2.5mg, kept up for no less than 3 weeks. As other people have pointed out, a common observation among those who stop and then resume Tirz is that it works considerably less well on the second round. Should it seem to you that it is "not doing anything", stop taking it and switch to another medication. Frequently that alone is sufficient to get you going again on your journey. I assisted a friend with this problem after she had taken a four month break. For 2 months we used low dose Reta, then went back to Tirz, and she lost another 12lbs while remaining at a lower dose than the one she had been on previously.
 
Back
Top