Tirz causing itchy rashes in a friend

Gr33dyOctopus said:

CandyCap said:

What gauge needle is being used?
5/16 31g easy touch
5/16 = 8 mm needs to go in at 45°; if not, you might strike a fascia, and that is genuinely bad.

Everyone else's replies make sense to me. (though not corticosteroids — they can hide an infection. Trust me on this: I've watched every single episode of House!)

You also want to lower how much liquid you inject. With the KwiPens, 0.6 ml comes out, and every time I ended up with a lump and a bruise. Splitting it into 2 shots of 0.3 ml each fixed it.

If we mix Tirz on our own, controlling the volume becomes simpler.

BAC NaCl is well tolerated by Tirz. An isotonic solution may be beneficial.
 
I also asked her about when it began, and she said it started after her dose went up from 2.5 to 5. So that would be over 2 vials? Her first one and then the next
 
eidos said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

CandyCap said:

What gauge needle is being used?
5/16 31g easy touch
5/16 = 8 mm needs to go in at 45°; if not, you might strike a fascia, and that is genuinely bad.

Everyone else's replies make sense to me. (though not corticosteroids — they can hide an infection. Trust me on this: I've watched every single episode of House!)

You also want to lower how much liquid you inject. With the KwiPens, 0.6 ml comes out, and every time I ended up with a lump and a bruise. Splitting it into 2 shots of 0.3 ml each fixed it.

If we mix Tirz on our own, controlling the volume becomes simpler.

BAC NaCl is well tolerated by Tirz. An isotonic solution may be beneficial.
That's really helpful, thanks.
 
Hey, I'm dealing with the exact same situation at the moment! It showed up on day 2 following my 3rd ever injection (I did it Friday morning, then Saturday there was some itching and I noticed it). It's still there, got a bit bigger by Sunday, but it only itches if I scratch at it. My tirz dose is 2.5mg. No reaction at all from the first 2 doses. I'll include a picture below so you can see. There's no way I'm quitting it. For the first time in YEARS I feel great and food isn't the center of my thoughts. Also I'm a woman, in case that's relevant, and I injected into the right side, directly on my belly. I'm really happy you posted about this, I'd been searching for others who had the same reaction I did.
 
Gr33dyOctopus said:

DjJoshua said:

Gr33dyOctopus said:

checked out the patches earlier today. Yikes, roughly 1 inch by 1 inch each, red and a bit raised. according to her, they itch. is that a histamine reaction? what is going on here? I have never had that happen or watched anyone else go through it.

any suggestions? might moving over to reta be of any help?
I'm unsure whether this would be beneficial or make things worse, but what about an oral antihistamine such as Cetirizine? Or perhaps something applied to the skin, like Hydrocortisone 1% cream.
hey buddy! as far as I can tell, we're going to switch her over to reta next and check whether that does the trick, though the things you mentioned could work too, thanks man!!! hope things are going well on your end! what line of work are you in, by the way?
I run a HVAC Tech company out in the desert, working as an hvac contractor lol.. Once summer hits, the call volume gets so crazy that I end up rejecting a ton of jobs That's the reason I keep my head shaved, otherwise I'd be yanking my hair out dealing with all that workload...
 
I've dealt with reactions that didn't happen where I injected - roughly 2 patches, each around 1 inch by .5 inches, and they showed up away from the shot location.

On top of that, I get (and got) itching that pops up randomly across different areas of my body, though it comes and goes quickly. It never became something that really made me lose my mind.

Those itchy skin patches have calmed down by now and barely cause me any trouble, yet I can still kind of make out some discoloration in those spots. BPI compounded tirzepatide with B6 is what I'm continuing to use, so the additive might have played a role, but my guess is it's simply my system responding to the tirz. Not severe enough to make me fear anaphylaxis or anything - just irritating.
 
I experienced a similar little patch on my neck. Cortizone cream helps a lot. If you stop scratching it, it'll clear up. That's what the Cortizone is for.
 
Back
Top