Tirz appetite comes and goes

mangopeachyy

Explorer
Joined
Sep 16, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
massachusetts
I’ve been trying to figure out how tirz works for me. On certain days the appetite suppression is very obvious, while on other days I can eat about like usual and barely notice a change.

My routine hasn’t really shifted in any other way, so I’m curious whether this kind of up-and-down is common.

For anyone who’s been using tirz for a longer stretch, does the appetite effect remain steady for you, or does it fluctuate the same way?
 
mangopeachyy said:

I’ve been trying to figure out how tirz works for me. On certain days the appetite suppression is very obvious, while on other days I can eat about like usual and barely notice a change.

My routine hasn’t really shifted in any other way, so I’m curious whether this kind of up-and-down is common.

For anyone who’s been using tirz for a longer stretch, does the appetite effect remain steady for you, or does it fluctuate the same way?
Some days hunger shows up and I eat more, and strangely enough those days don't line up with the days the scale moves.

Averages are what matter to me.

While titrating, is the weight coming off?

During maintenance, is it creeping up?

That's the only thing I'd pay attention to..

If food noise is loud, rather than plain hunger, a dose bump might be needed.

Your post doesn't give much to work with about where you are in your process..
 
Keep in mind that tirz has a half-life of roughly 5 days — so is what you're describing the typical dip in effect around day 5-7 as the medication fades, or is it something different?

For my part, at around the 9-month mark I've had days where my appetite spikes with no clear explanation, and other days where I genuinely forget to eat much at all. Neither pattern lines up with what the scale shows. The human body is an imperfect, complicated creature — it doesn't always follow thermodynamics, or even plain logic.
 
In my experience this is pretty normal. Overall tirz continues to work well for me, but day-to-day appetite control isn't consistent. I look at the week as a whole rather than focusing on any single day, and I only consider adjusting the dose if the louder days begin to pile up.
 
How long have you been on tirz now?

In my case, food noise and apatite fluctuate all the time....even so, my stomach never feels less than half full...which means any time I eat, the portion ends up way smaller before I hit full and stop caring about finishing it..

If I'm at work or out running around and some food noise shows up, it's nothing like the old days of gotta get food right now....more often than not, just thinking about hunting down a restaurant and knowing it;ll be too much....plus remembering there's a leftover pork chop waiting in the fridge is plenty to kill the food thought..

If that doesn't match what you're experiencing, my take is you might want to titrate up...That's what I would do/did....gl
 
Flash-BCR said:

How long have you been on tirz now?

In my case, food noise and apatite fluctuate all the time....even so, my stomach never feels less than half full...which means any time I eat, the portion ends up way smaller before I hit full and stop caring about finishing it..

If I'm at work or out running around and some food noise shows up, it's nothing like the old days of gotta get food right now....more often than not, just thinking about hunting down a restaurant and knowing it;ll be too much....plus remembering there's a leftover pork chop waiting in the fridge is plenty to kill the food thought..

If that doesn't match what you're experiencing, my take is you might want to titrate up...That's what I would do/did....gl
That's exactly right!
 
plant_lady said:

At home, my appetite seems bigger than when I'm away from the house. My guess is that boredom drives me to eat. Just throwing that out there.
When I'm at home and hunger starts to hit, a little bit of nuts or goldfish usually does the trick — after that I don't even think about eating anymore...

If your hunger is stronger than that...might be time to titrate up....gl.... 👍
 
Flash-BCR said:

How long have you been on tirz now?

In my case, food noise and apatite fluctuate all the time....even so, my stomach never feels less than half full...which means any time I eat, the portion ends up way smaller before I hit full and stop caring about finishing it..

If I'm at work or out running around and some food noise shows up, it's nothing like the old days of gotta get food right now....more often than not, just thinking about hunting down a restaurant and knowing it;ll be too much....plus remembering there's a leftover pork chop waiting in the fridge is plenty to kill the food thought..

If that doesn't match what you're experiencing, my take is you might want to titrate up...That's what I would do/did....gl
I've only been on it for 3 months, but my experience has been more or less identical. Hunger can show up, and I'll start picturing a big cheese burger, feeling pleased about it, then get nauseous, and end up picking a smaller, healthier option instead. The food noise is still gone, but what I have to focus on these days is genuine hunger. And my body is now able to register it. Some days I need more. Some days I don't really want anything at all. I'm grateful for both.
 
Flash-BCR said:

When I'm at home and hunger starts to hit, a little bit of nuts or goldfish usually does the trick — after that I don't even think about eating anymore...

If your hunger is stronger than that...might be time to titrate up....gl.... 👍
Titrating up is likely the correct move, I agree. My hesitation comes from the fact that going higher eats into my stash. Silly as that may sound.
 
plant_lady said:

Titrating up is likely the correct move, I agree. My hesitation comes from the fact that going higher eats into my stash. Silly as that may sound.
there aren't any other fixes for that 😀

joking aside..

Wait for your body to signal when it's time to titrate, and take pleasure in what this miracle invention gives you!
 
mangopeachyy said:

I’ve been trying to figure out how tirz works for me. On certain days the appetite suppression is very obvious, while on other days I can eat about like usual and barely notice a change.

My routine hasn’t really shifted in any other way, so I’m curious whether this kind of up-and-down is common.

For anyone who’s been using tirz for a longer stretch, does the appetite effect remain steady for you, or does it fluctuate the same way?

22 months on tirzepatide for me, and in all that time not one bite of food 🤣 — obviously I'm joking.

The way this medication works, it fluctuates, that's just how it is. There will be days when eating is the last thing you want, and other days when you feel hungry. That said, my intake has dropped enormously since I began tirzepatide. Take pizza: before, finishing 1/2 of a large one by myself in a single sitting was no problem. Over these 22 months, I've never gone past 2 slices. So if what you call "normal" eating is actually a large amount, titrating your dose up might be what's needed.
 
Back
Top