Timing of injection during the day

Powerslide

Explorer
Joined
Mar 8, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Tulsa
The first dose I took around the middle of the day, somewhere between 1 and 3, though I can't recall the exact time. For the second, I aimed for a bit sooner, between 11 and 12. Today I'm considering administering it just before I go to sleep. The headache has seemed tolerable (I'm only on 1mg), yet on both occasions I had trouble sleeping on the first day and possibly the second. I'm just wondering what other research rats have observed or experimented with.
 
Since the start of the year I've been injecting, and whether I do it in the morning or at night, I haven't seen any change. That said, I also haven't experienced headaches, changes in heart rate, or trouble sleeping while on it.
 
I do my injections Monday evening and Friday morning.

I haven't pulled any data out of my wearables to check for patterns.
 
I usually take my shot on Friday mornings at about 10. Next week that won't work, since I'm flying out early Thursday morning and returning late Sunday night. I'll come up with a plan.
 
1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
 
each person responds differently, so make your choices around YOUR own situation, and take every other piece of advice as well-meaning people handing you fruitcake — something you're glad to receive but will never actually eat, since it isn't meant for YOU.

What they went through counts for zip, zero, nada when it comes to yours.
 
Powerslide said:

The first dose I took around the middle of the day, somewhere between 1 and 3, though I can't recall the exact time. For the second, I aimed for a bit sooner, between 11 and 12. Today I'm considering administering it just before I go to sleep. The headache has seemed tolerable (I'm only on 1mg), yet on both occasions I had trouble sleeping on the first day and possibly the second. I'm just wondering what other research rats have observed or experimented with.
With the number of injections I do, it ends up being morning, midday, and evening.
 
birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
 
FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
Any idea what causes that? Women are supposed to get over 2g a day. A banana provides only around 200mg.
 
Worth keeping in mind that GLP peptides get absorbed quite slowly — not identical, but somewhere in the 12 to 48 hour window after dosing to reach peak blood levels, or roughly 24 hours on average. Side effects tend to max out when blood levels max out, and because uptake is so gradual, that peak ends up stretched across a fairly wide span. That means the hour you choose for a dose probably shapes how you feel the following day more than the same day. Some folks do report feeling something just a few hours after injecting, so it's unclear whether that's placebo, nocebo, or simply worse when drug levels are climbing.
 
birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
Any idea what causes that? Women are supposed to get over 2g a day. A banana provides only around 200mg.
I really don't know. All I can say is that when I attempted potassium for the purpose of dissolving kidney stones, I had to quit right away—after only 1 dose—since it pushed my level up too far. That's incredibly annoying.
 
FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
Any idea what causes that? Women are supposed to get over 2g a day. A banana provides only around 200mg.
I really don't know. All I can say is that when I attempted potassium for the purpose of dissolving kidney stones, I had to quit right away—after only 1 dose—since it pushed my level up too far. That's incredibly annoying.
My initial suspicion is that you're low on sodium. Sodium and potassium work against each other in a sense—if your sodium intake is low, your tolerance for potassium drops too. Normally I skip bringing this up, given that the typical American puts away 2.3 large Pizza Hut pizzas every day.

When I asked the AI about it, it suggested magnesium deficiency as another possible culprit, or maybe an out-of-balance copper-to-zinc ratio.

Going without magnesium is unthinkable to me. If I were limited to a single supplement, peptide, or medication for life, magnesium would win. Quit it for about three weeks and my body falls apart. Doctors Best and Now Foods both make excellent magnesium glycinate.

Copper and zinc are two more I've dealt with personally. Taking zinc (plus molybdenum, which shows up in certain NAC products) can strip your copper down. I spent years on zinc ignoring the cautionary labels, and the resulting copper deficiency gave me MCAS. That first 2.5mg dose of chelated copper hit me like a high. These days the deficiency is fixed, so I take zinc on most days, then pause and take copper instead (since zinc blocks copper's update).

If you're not already on one, a trace mineral supplement gets my strong recommendation. Zinc, copper, selenium, boron—all geeat stuff.
 
birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
Any idea what causes that? Women are supposed to get over 2g a day. A banana provides only around 200mg.
I really don't know. All I can say is that when I attempted potassium for the purpose of dissolving kidney stones, I had to quit right away—after only 1 dose—since it pushed my level up too far. That's incredibly annoying.
My initial suspicion is that you're low on sodium. Sodium and potassium work against each other in a sense—if your sodium intake is low, your tolerance for potassium drops too. Normally I skip bringing this up, given that the typical American puts away 2.3 large Pizza Hut pizzas every day.

When I asked the AI about it, it suggested magnesium deficiency as another possible culprit, or maybe an out-of-balance copper-to-zinc ratio.

Going without magnesium is unthinkable to me. If I were limited to a single supplement, peptide, or medication for life, magnesium would win. Quit it for about three weeks and my body falls apart. Doctors Best and Now Foods both make excellent magnesium glycinate.

Copper and zinc are two more I've dealt with personally. Taking zinc (plus molybdenum, which shows up in certain NAC products) can strip your copper down. I spent years on zinc ignoring the cautionary labels, and the resulting copper deficiency gave me MCAS. That first 2.5mg dose of chelated copper hit me like a high. These days the deficiency is fixed, so I take zinc on most days, then pause and take copper instead (since zinc blocks copper's update).

If you're not already on one, a trace mineral supplement gets my strong recommendation. Zinc, copper, selenium, boron—all geeat stuff.
Every day I have magnesium glycinate, and I also get no fewer than 1 serving of either LMNT or drip drop electrolytes. Copper comes my way through GLOW, which I use daily. Salt was never something I consumed in large amounts, so a shortage is conceivable, yet my labs haven’t reflected it—the only value that keeps coming back abnormal is potassium.

Perhaps I should switch to having more LMNT and less drip drop. That stuff is really heavy on salt..
 
FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
Any idea what causes that? Women are supposed to get over 2g a day. A banana provides only around 200mg.
I really don't know. All I can say is that when I attempted potassium for the purpose of dissolving kidney stones, I had to quit right away—after only 1 dose—since it pushed my level up too far. That's incredibly annoying.
My initial suspicion is that you're low on sodium. Sodium and potassium work against each other in a sense—if your sodium intake is low, your tolerance for potassium drops too. Normally I skip bringing this up, given that the typical American puts away 2.3 large Pizza Hut pizzas every day.

When I asked the AI about it, it suggested magnesium deficiency as another possible culprit, or maybe an out-of-balance copper-to-zinc ratio.

Going without magnesium is unthinkable to me. If I were limited to a single supplement, peptide, or medication for life, magnesium would win. Quit it for about three weeks and my body falls apart. Doctors Best and Now Foods both make excellent magnesium glycinate.

Copper and zinc are two more I've dealt with personally. Taking zinc (plus molybdenum, which shows up in certain NAC products) can strip your copper down. I spent years on zinc ignoring the cautionary labels, and the resulting copper deficiency gave me MCAS. That first 2.5mg dose of chelated copper hit me like a high. These days the deficiency is fixed, so I take zinc on most days, then pause and take copper instead (since zinc blocks copper's update).

If you're not already on one, a trace mineral supplement gets my strong recommendation. Zinc, copper, selenium, boron—all geeat stuff.
Every day I have magnesium glycinate, and I also get no fewer than 1 serving of either LMNT or drip drop electrolytes. Copper comes my way through GLOW, which I use daily. Salt was never something I consumed in large amounts, so a shortage is conceivable, yet my labs haven’t reflected it—the only value that keeps coming back abnormal is potassium.

Perhaps I should switch to having more LMNT and less drip drop. That stuff is really heavy on salt..
Zinc could be worth including. Still, that's strange. To me it doesn't necessarily point to a mineral imbalance — more like something particular to how your body works or your daily habits. At least you've figured that out!

Getting what amounts to basic table salt through LMNT costs a fortune. Dropping table salt into water gives you the same result. The remaining "electrolytes" serve mostly as decoration; your diet and a magnesium supplement already supply plenty of them, while sodium and potassium do the actual hydrating.
 
birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

FlowerFairy said:

birdwhacker said:

1mg shouldn't be causing you headaches. Take a look at your nutrition, and take a look at your electrolytes. Every day should begin with 500mg-1g of potassium

Morning and afternoon work fine for me. I used to take it before bed so it would kick in the next morning, but it always ended up too strong. My preference is morning or afternoon, because then I get moderate suppression during the day and very strong suppression the following day.
My potassium levels rise too easily, so I’m unable to consume that quantity. Even having 2 bananas in a day is too much for me.
Any idea what causes that? Women are supposed to get over 2g a day. A banana provides only around 200mg.
I really don't know. All I can say is that when I attempted potassium for the purpose of dissolving kidney stones, I had to quit right away—after only 1 dose—since it pushed my level up too far. That's incredibly annoying.
My initial suspicion is that you're low on sodium. Sodium and potassium work against each other in a sense—if your sodium intake is low, your tolerance for potassium drops too. Normally I skip bringing this up, given that the typical American puts away 2.3 large Pizza Hut pizzas every day.

When I asked the AI about it, it suggested magnesium deficiency as another possible culprit, or maybe an out-of-balance copper-to-zinc ratio.

Going without magnesium is unthinkable to me. If I were limited to a single supplement, peptide, or medication for life, magnesium would win. Quit it for about three weeks and my body falls apart. Doctors Best and Now Foods both make excellent magnesium glycinate.

Copper and zinc are two more I've dealt with personally. Taking zinc (plus molybdenum, which shows up in certain NAC products) can strip your copper down. I spent years on zinc ignoring the cautionary labels, and the resulting copper deficiency gave me MCAS. That first 2.5mg dose of chelated copper hit me like a high. These days the deficiency is fixed, so I take zinc on most days, then pause and take copper instead (since zinc blocks copper's update).

If you're not already on one, a trace mineral supplement gets my strong recommendation. Zinc, copper, selenium, boron—all geeat stuff.
Every day I have magnesium glycinate, and I also get no fewer than 1 serving of either LMNT or drip drop electrolytes. Copper comes my way through GLOW, which I use daily. Salt was never something I consumed in large amounts, so a shortage is conceivable, yet my labs haven’t reflected it—the only value that keeps coming back abnormal is potassium.

Perhaps I should switch to having more LMNT and less drip drop. That stuff is really heavy on salt..
Zinc could be worth including. Still, that's strange. To me it doesn't necessarily point to a mineral imbalance — more like something particular to how your body works or your daily habits. At least you've figured that out!

Getting what amounts to basic table salt through LMNT costs a fortune. Dropping table salt into water gives you the same result. The remaining "electrolytes" serve mostly as decoration; your diet and a magnesium supplement already supply plenty of them, while sodium and potassium do the actual hydrating.
A friend picked it up, disliked it, and passed it along to me. Should I ever feel I absolutely need it — I don't — there's a homemade recipe I could follow. Drip Drop is what I actually reach for; for the last 10 years I've had to take electrolytes while doing yard work or I come down with heat sickness, and Drip Drop wins on taste and delivers a solid electrolyte dose.

Having a body that refuses to act like everyone else's has frustrated and baffled me for as long as I can remember.
 
I haven't found any distinction. I've taken it both early in the day and very late at night. No change stood out to me…
 
I prefer taking my dose at night. I inject and then go straight to sleep, and when I wake up there's no headache, no strange foggy sensation, and no kidney discomfort. This is going to become my new routine.
 
I've been raising my dose gradually and I'm now at 3mg. During the first several shots, though, I was at 1mg and took them in the evening, right before going to sleep. About 24 hours afterward I'd feel wired, and my sleep suffered because of it. So I switched to dosing right after waking up, and the sleep problems I'd been having went away. I'm still increasing slowly, since I'd rather not hurry and end up with too many side effects.
 
Back
Top