Timing HGH doses while on Reta

Omxxl

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Europa
My HGH shot is 2 IU, and I take it just before sleep. Reta is also part of my routine at 2.5 mg/week.

I have a question: since Retatrutide slows gastric emptying, and I eat dinner at about 8 pm before getting into bed at roughly 10:30-11 pm, does that timing work? Or with Retatrutide, is that window not long enough?
 
Last night I ran into this exact situation. Reta is in my stack, and I have a CGM on.

Dinner was at 6:30pm. My plan was to pin my tesa at midnight, right before sleep, but the CGM was showing a glucose spike that then dropped off — meaning insulin was high.

So I figured I'd move the tesa to the morning instead. Then I accidentally woke up at 3am.

Glucose looked flat, so I went ahead and pinned the tesa, then went back to sleep.

Bottom line for me: from 6:30pm to past midnight equals elevated insulin, which isn't a good window for GH.
 
RadicalCrimson said:

Last night I ran into this exact situation. Reta is in my stack, and I have a CGM on.

Dinner was at 6:30pm. My plan was to pin my tesa at midnight, right before sleep, but the CGM was showing a glucose spike that then dropped off — meaning insulin was high.

So I figured I'd move the tesa to the morning instead. Then I accidentally woke up at 3am.

Glucose looked flat, so I went ahead and pinned the tesa, then went back to sleep.

Bottom line for me: from 6:30pm to past midnight equals elevated insulin, which isn't a good window for GH.
Was your dinner high in carbohydrates?
 
Omxxl said:

RadicalCrimson said:

Last night I ran into this exact situation. Reta is in my stack, and I have a CGM on.

Dinner was at 6:30pm. My plan was to pin my tesa at midnight, right before sleep, but the CGM was showing a glucose spike that then dropped off — meaning insulin was high.

So I figured I'd move the tesa to the morning instead. Then I accidentally woke up at 3am.

Glucose looked flat, so I went ahead and pinned the tesa, then went back to sleep.

Bottom line for me: from 6:30pm to past midnight equals elevated insulin, which isn't a good window for GH.
Was your dinner high in carbohydrates?
Yes, that's right.
 
RadicalCrimson said:

Omxxl said:

RadicalCrimson said:

Last night I ran into this exact situation. Reta is in my stack, and I have a CGM on.

Dinner was at 6:30pm. My plan was to pin my tesa at midnight, right before sleep, but the CGM was showing a glucose spike that then dropped off — meaning insulin was high.

So I figured I'd move the tesa to the morning instead. Then I accidentally woke up at 3am.

Glucose looked flat, so I went ahead and pinned the tesa, then went back to sleep.

Bottom line for me: from 6:30pm to past midnight equals elevated insulin, which isn't a good window for GH.
Was your dinner high in carbohydrates?
Yes, that's right.
Subcutaneous (SC) Half-Life: The hormone is eliminated quickly, yet serum concentrations reach their highest point between 3-6 hours
 
That insulin spike is why I've switched to injecting 2iu in the morning, on an empty stomach.

Water weight has crept up by a few pounds, no doubt about it. My rings are sitting noticeably tighter than before. I'll run bloodwork again in a few weeks, though at 2iu both my BP and glucose remain in check. I'm 44 years old and sitting at 19% body fat, with a few more percentage points still to drop.
 
With exogenous HGH, whether you're fasted is irrelevant. That concern only applies to GHRH's and GHRP's. Meal partitioning and the timing of administration can cause a minor uptick in insulin resistance, yet Reta wipes out those effects entirely.
 
badsr71 said:

That insulin spike is why I've switched to injecting 2iu in the morning, on an empty stomach.

Water weight has crept up by a few pounds, no doubt about it. My rings are sitting noticeably tighter than before. I'll run bloodwork again in a few weeks, though at 2iu both my BP and glucose remain in check. I'm 44 years old and sitting at 19% body fat, with a few more percentage points still to drop.
IT'S ONLY WATER WEIGHT!
 
Omxxl said:

My HGH shot is 2 IU, and I take it just before sleep. Reta is also part of my routine at 2.5 mg/week.

I have a question: since Retatrutide slows gastric emptying, and I eat dinner at about 8 pm before getting into bed at roughly 10:30-11 pm, does that timing work? Or with Retatrutide, is that window not long enough?
That gap is far too small — do your injection in the morning.
 
LabRatts said:

Omxxl said:

My HGH shot is 2 IU, and I take it just before sleep. Reta is also part of my routine at 2.5 mg/week.

I have a question: since Retatrutide slows gastric emptying, and I eat dinner at about 8 pm before getting into bed at roughly 10:30-11 pm, does that timing work? Or with Retatrutide, is that window not long enough?
That gap is far too small — do your injection in the morning.
If I pin fasted in the morning, how long should I hold off before eating? From what I keep reading, it takes roughly 3 hours before the liver converts it and IGF-1 goes up.
 
badsr71 said:


How long do you recommend waiting to eat when pinning fasted in the AM? I keep seeing it isn't converted in the liver to increase IGF-1 for around 3 hours.

Click to expand...
Look into this yourself, but keep in mind that when you're using Reta, stomach emptying slows down a lot, so waiting 4-6 hours might still not be long enough—meaning what you inject could essentially go to waste.

On the flip side, I've "heard" that working out in the morning on an empty stomach, then eating, leaves you GTG—but once again, your mileage may vary.

Happy researching!
 
Back
Top