Time to switch things up in the rotation!

Thee Oohwee

Explorer
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
What's good Peppers,

Time to switch up the rotation. Before making the move to Reta, I had been on Tirz at 10mg. This is my current pinning schedule:

1. Monday: Reta 8mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

2. Friday: Tirz 5mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

Food has been absolutely repulsive to me. Breakfast and lunch have to be forced down. From what I'd read about Reta, I figured I'd still need Tirz in the mix for extra food noise suppression. Nope, not at all - for me personally. Plus the Tuesdays and Wednesdays after my Reta shot have me feeling super tired. I'm fairly certain the Tirz is what I don't need at the moment.

On top of that, despite having an electrolyte drink daily and eating healthy carbs (potatoes, rice), I kept getting really dizzy when squatting for too long then standing up. To the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out. Could this GLP stack have been too much?

Still hitting the gym 4x/week for weighlifting. Aiming for at least 130-150g of protein daily. I think I need to take in some more - currently at 183lbs, and at this point I want to convert fat into muscle. Not really looking to weigh too much less.

Anyone else dealing with moving from Tirz to Reta? Or stacking both throughout the week? Please share what works great for y'all. I'm all ears.
 
Did your very first Reta injection come in at 8mg? Or was there a gradual ramp before reaching that point?

On top of that, you were also injecting 5mg of tirz, switching back and forth with 8mg of Reta? That adds up to 13mg total?

And weight loss isn't the goal for you?

From where I stand, that strikes me as a hefty amount of Reta. I strongly believe in beginning at a low dose and figuring out the smallest amount that still does the job.

My own Reta journey kicked off at the start of Feb, with 1mg/wk split. Bit by bit I increased until hitting 4mg split (only as of this week). Consistent training helped me drop 20lbs. There's still lots of room at this level, and once I'm about 15lbs lighter I'll reduce down to the lowest maintenance dose that works.

My strong suggestion would be to think about lowering it.
 
I'm on 3.5mg Tirz right now. I began at 2.5, 7 months back, and the highest I reached was 3.75 every 5 days. Next week I'm thinking about adding reta at 1.5mg for 4 weeks every 5 days, then moving to 2mg while lowering my Tirz to 2.5mg every 5 days. Honestly, I suspect that might still be too much, so yeah, I'd say cut back on the dosage of both!
 
Stacking tirz and reta together is just too much. Taper off tirz gradually and stick with reta alone. If needed, bump up the Reta dose—go as high as 12 mg, as seen in the studies.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

What's good Peppers,

Time to switch up the rotation. Before making the move to Reta, I had been on Tirz at 10mg. This is my current pinning schedule:

1. Monday: Reta 8mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

2. Friday: Tirz 5mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

Food has been absolutely repulsive to me. Breakfast and lunch have to be forced down. From what I'd read about Reta, I figured I'd still need Tirz in the mix for extra food noise suppression. Nope, not at all - for me personally. Plus the Tuesdays and Wednesdays after my Reta shot have me feeling super tired. I'm fairly certain the Tirz is what I don't need at the moment.

On top of that, despite having an electrolyte drink daily and eating healthy carbs (potatoes, rice), I kept getting really dizzy when squatting for too long then standing up. To the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out. Could this GLP stack have been too much?

Still hitting the gym 4x/week for weighlifting. Aiming for at least 130-150g of protein daily. I think I need to take in some more - currently at 183lbs, and at this point I want to convert fat into muscle. Not really looking to weigh too much less.

Anyone else dealing with moving from Tirz to Reta? Or stacking both throughout the week? Please share what works great for y'all. I'm all ears.
Just 3 words: the lowest dose that works.
 
Appreciate all the advice and shared experiences, everyone. I worked my dose up until I reached 8mg of Reta. My Tirz shot fell on another day.

As of right now, I'm cutting Tirz out completely and spending the remainder of this month reassessing Reta. Should the food aversion remain intense, dropping to 6mg is a possibility. My guess is things will improve once the Tirz has cleared.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

Appreciate all the advice and shared experiences, everyone. I worked my dose up until I reached 8mg of Reta. My Tirz shot fell on another day.

As of right now, I'm cutting Tirz out completely and spending the remainder of this month reassessing Reta. Should the food aversion remain intense, dropping to 6mg is a possibility. My guess is things will improve once the Tirz has cleared.
Your experience will likely differ — mine certainly did, and plenty of others have reported the same. Tirz and Reta don't affect your appetite in the same way at all. On Tirz, hunger just gets quieted down so effectively; on Reta, you still feel hunger (at times quite strong), yet you fill up unbelievably fast.

My starting point was Tirz, which I went up to 7.5mg on. While I was tapering Tirz down, I began cross-titrating Reta upward, starting @ 2mg.

Just like you, I wanted to test Reta on its own to see how it performed. Right now I'm at 6mg Reta (split dosed), and my final Tirz shot was April 3rd — it takes more than a month to fully clear your system (though that depends on the level you stopped at).

Hunger hits me 1-2x/day, but my meals are pretty tiny since 7-8 bites of anything nutritionally dense fills me up. I make sure I hit my numbers by drinking plenty of protein and fiber throughout the whole day, whether I'm hungry or not, and I take vitamins on top of that.

For the past month I've been comparing just Reta against Tirz or both together, and I'm confident I'll stay on this solo approach until I move to maintenance. At that point I'm not sure what I'll use for low dosage maint., but I'll deal with that when I get there.
 
Using Reta 3mg and Cagri .5mg. For roughly the past month, mid-workout I find myself halting and doubling over — completely lightheaded, dizzy, and on the verge of passing out. My BP has always run low, so elevated BP isn't the culprit. I've put in an order for electrolytes. I'm getting enough food, macros are decent-ish. Water intake has been sufficient. I've come across info that dizziness is a side effect of Reta. I'm really hoping this goes away.
 
SoCalGirl said:

Using Reta 3mg and Cagri .5mg. For roughly the past month, mid-workout I find myself halting and doubling over — completely lightheaded, dizzy, and on the verge of passing out. My BP has always run low, so elevated BP isn't the culprit. I've put in an order for electrolytes. I'm getting enough food, macros are decent-ish. Water intake has been sufficient. I've come across info that dizziness is a side effect of Reta. I'm really hoping this goes away.
What's your carb intake like? Is it on the low side?
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

SoCalGirl said:

Using Reta 3mg and Cagri .5mg. For roughly the past month, mid-workout I find myself halting and doubling over — completely lightheaded, dizzy, and on the verge of passing out. My BP has always run low, so elevated BP isn't the culprit. I've put in an order for electrolytes. I'm getting enough food, macros are decent-ish. Water intake has been sufficient. I've come across info that dizziness is a side effect of Reta. I'm really hoping this goes away.
What's your carb intake like? Is it on the low side?
Haha - nope - I eat whatever, no discrimination. My macros are nicely balanced. I do include a few weighed indulgences (sugar babies - do I even need to explain 🤣) plus quality protein and avocados.
 
Thee Oohwee said:

What's good Peppers,

Time to switch up the rotation. Before making the move to Reta, I had been on Tirz at 10mg. This is my current pinning schedule:

1. Monday: Reta 8mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

2. Friday: Tirz 5mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

Food has been absolutely repulsive to me. Breakfast and lunch have to be forced down. From what I'd read about Reta, I figured I'd still need Tirz in the mix for extra food noise suppression. Nope, not at all - for me personally. Plus the Tuesdays and Wednesdays after my Reta shot have me feeling super tired. I'm fairly certain the Tirz is what I don't need at the moment.

On top of that, despite having an electrolyte drink daily and eating healthy carbs (potatoes, rice), I kept getting really dizzy when squatting for too long then standing up. To the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out. Could this GLP stack have been too much?

Still hitting the gym 4x/week for weighlifting. Aiming for at least 130-150g of protein daily. I think I need to take in some more - currently at 183lbs, and at this point I want to convert fat into muscle. Not really looking to weigh too much less.

Anyone else dealing with moving from Tirz to Reta? Or stacking both throughout the week? Please share what works great for y'all. I'm all ears.
What you're describing sounds like postural hypotension — when your blood pressure doesn't rise enough to keep up with a change in position, so your brain gets less blood flow than it needs. That leads to dizziness, feeling faint, vision going grey, and so on. Fainting is a real possibility, so it's worth being cautious: if you sense a faint coming on, get your head down low right away.

I don't know whether you've dropped a lot of weight. That by itself can bring it on. Reta and tirz both lower blood pressure too. Fluid loss from weight loss can be a factor. Not taking in enough water, salt, or electrolytes can be a factor. Eating less means less salt and fewer electrolytes coming in. GLP drugs can blunt thirst, so you drink less. And when you exercise, blood gets redirected to your muscles, which can leave too little for your brain.

If you're not aiming to lose more weight and you're finding it hard to eat enough, then clearly one of the doses — tirz or reta — needs to come down, and it sounds like that's your plan. That may solve it, or you may need to pay closer attention to fluids and electrolytes, but guessing the right fix is difficult without more context.

Mine started 3 years ago during weight loss and it hasn't gone away, though in my case it's the weight loss itself — I've dropped 80kg.
 
SoCalGirl said:

Using Reta 3mg and Cagri .5mg. For roughly the past month, mid-workout I find myself halting and doubling over — completely lightheaded, dizzy, and on the verge of passing out. My BP has always run low, so elevated BP isn't the culprit. I've put in an order for electrolytes. I'm getting enough food, macros are decent-ish. Water intake has been sufficient. I've come across info that dizziness is a side effect of Reta. I'm really hoping this goes away.
Instead of simply pasting the earlier response again, the guidance stays the same, except the dosages come down. Getting anything more precise would need a lot more details. Still, when it comes to working out, proceed with caution, and if your body signals that you may pass out, don't brush it off, because you could actually faint, and the quickest fix is to position your head below the level of your heart. Years back, after lifting weights while dieting and barely eating that day, I passed out and threw up, so it's possible. Trying electrolytes sounds sensible, and maybe adjusting when you eat around exercise?
 
lessthanhalf said:

Thee Oohwee said:

What's good Peppers,

Time to switch up the rotation. Before making the move to Reta, I had been on Tirz at 10mg. This is my current pinning schedule:

1. Monday: Reta 8mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

2. Friday: Tirz 5mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

Food has been absolutely repulsive to me. Breakfast and lunch have to be forced down. From what I'd read about Reta, I figured I'd still need Tirz in the mix for extra food noise suppression. Nope, not at all - for me personally. Plus the Tuesdays and Wednesdays after my Reta shot have me feeling super tired. I'm fairly certain the Tirz is what I don't need at the moment.

On top of that, despite having an electrolyte drink daily and eating healthy carbs (potatoes, rice), I kept getting really dizzy when squatting for too long then standing up. To the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out. Could this GLP stack have been too much?

Still hitting the gym 4x/week for weighlifting. Aiming for at least 130-150g of protein daily. I think I need to take in some more - currently at 183lbs, and at this point I want to convert fat into muscle. Not really looking to weigh too much less.

Anyone else dealing with moving from Tirz to Reta? Or stacking both throughout the week? Please share what works great for y'all. I'm all ears.
What you're describing sounds like postural hypotension — when your blood pressure doesn't rise enough to keep up with a change in position, so your brain gets less blood flow than it needs. That leads to dizziness, feeling faint, vision going grey, and so on. Fainting is a real possibility, so it's worth being cautious: if you sense a faint coming on, get your head down low right away.

I don't know whether you've dropped a lot of weight. That by itself can bring it on. Reta and tirz both lower blood pressure too. Fluid loss from weight loss can be a factor. Not taking in enough water, salt, or electrolytes can be a factor. Eating less means less salt and fewer electrolytes coming in. GLP drugs can blunt thirst, so you drink less. And when you exercise, blood gets redirected to your muscles, which can leave too little for your brain.

If you're not aiming to lose more weight and you're finding it hard to eat enough, then clearly one of the doses — tirz or reta — needs to come down, and it sounds like that's your plan. That may solve it, or you may need to pay closer attention to fluids and electrolytes, but guessing the right fix is difficult without more context.

Mine started 3 years ago during weight loss and it hasn't gone away, though in my case it's the weight loss itself — I've dropped 80kg.
Agreed.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Thee Oohwee said:

What's good Peppers,

Time to switch up the rotation. Before making the move to Reta, I had been on Tirz at 10mg. This is my current pinning schedule:

1. Monday: Reta 8mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

2. Friday: Tirz 5mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

Food has been absolutely repulsive to me. Breakfast and lunch have to be forced down. From what I'd read about Reta, I figured I'd still need Tirz in the mix for extra food noise suppression. Nope, not at all - for me personally. Plus the Tuesdays and Wednesdays after my Reta shot have me feeling super tired. I'm fairly certain the Tirz is what I don't need at the moment.

On top of that, despite having an electrolyte drink daily and eating healthy carbs (potatoes, rice), I kept getting really dizzy when squatting for too long then standing up. To the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out. Could this GLP stack have been too much?

Still hitting the gym 4x/week for weighlifting. Aiming for at least 130-150g of protein daily. I think I need to take in some more - currently at 183lbs, and at this point I want to convert fat into muscle. Not really looking to weigh too much less.

Anyone else dealing with moving from Tirz to Reta? Or stacking both throughout the week? Please share what works great for y'all. I'm all ears.
What you're describing sounds like postural hypotension — when your blood pressure doesn't rise enough to keep up with a change in position, so your brain gets less blood flow than it needs. That leads to dizziness, feeling faint, vision going grey, and so on. Fainting is a real possibility, so it's worth being cautious: if you sense a faint coming on, get your head down low right away.

I don't know whether you've dropped a lot of weight. That by itself can bring it on. Reta and tirz both lower blood pressure too. Fluid loss from weight loss can be a factor. Not taking in enough water, salt, or electrolytes can be a factor. Eating less means less salt and fewer electrolytes coming in. GLP drugs can blunt thirst, so you drink less. And when you exercise, blood gets redirected to your muscles, which can leave too little for your brain.

If you're not aiming to lose more weight and you're finding it hard to eat enough, then clearly one of the doses — tirz or reta — needs to come down, and it sounds like that's your plan. That may solve it, or you may need to pay closer attention to fluids and electrolytes, but guessing the right fix is difficult without more context.

Mine started 3 years ago during weight loss and it hasn't gone away, though in my case it's the weight loss itself — I've dropped 80kg.
I appreciate the detailed reply!

After I first asked that question, I kept digging and digging and digging. Three changes helped my body settle down:

1. Adding more healthy carbs to my diet, like rice and potatoes.

2. Dropping Tirz entirely and staying on Reta alone.

3. Having electrolytes every day.

These days the dizziness is only short-lived, typically near my dosing day, and it is nothing like how severe it used to be. From what I gather, many people do not realize they should include some form of good carbohydrates while using Retatutride, and just like me, they end up concentrating almost entirely on protein. That can throw the body off quite a bit and boom, the dizziness gets worse.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Thee Oohwee said:

What's good Peppers,

Time to switch up the rotation. Before making the move to Reta, I had been on Tirz at 10mg. This is my current pinning schedule:

1. Monday: Reta 8mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

2. Friday: Tirz 5mg/week (week #2 at this dose)

Food has been absolutely repulsive to me. Breakfast and lunch have to be forced down. From what I'd read about Reta, I figured I'd still need Tirz in the mix for extra food noise suppression. Nope, not at all - for me personally. Plus the Tuesdays and Wednesdays after my Reta shot have me feeling super tired. I'm fairly certain the Tirz is what I don't need at the moment.

On top of that, despite having an electrolyte drink daily and eating healthy carbs (potatoes, rice), I kept getting really dizzy when squatting for too long then standing up. To the point where I felt like I was gonna pass out. Could this GLP stack have been too much?

Still hitting the gym 4x/week for weighlifting. Aiming for at least 130-150g of protein daily. I think I need to take in some more - currently at 183lbs, and at this point I want to convert fat into muscle. Not really looking to weigh too much less.

Anyone else dealing with moving from Tirz to Reta? Or stacking both throughout the week? Please share what works great for y'all. I'm all ears.
What you're describing sounds like postural hypotension — when your blood pressure doesn't rise enough to keep up with a change in position, so your brain gets less blood flow than it needs. That leads to dizziness, feeling faint, vision going grey, and so on. Fainting is a real possibility, so it's worth being cautious: if you sense a faint coming on, get your head down low right away.

I don't know whether you've dropped a lot of weight. That by itself can bring it on. Reta and tirz both lower blood pressure too. Fluid loss from weight loss can be a factor. Not taking in enough water, salt, or electrolytes can be a factor. Eating less means less salt and fewer electrolytes coming in. GLP drugs can blunt thirst, so you drink less. And when you exercise, blood gets redirected to your muscles, which can leave too little for your brain.

If you're not aiming to lose more weight and you're finding it hard to eat enough, then clearly one of the doses — tirz or reta — needs to come down, and it sounds like that's your plan. That may solve it, or you may need to pay closer attention to fluids and electrolytes, but guessing the right fix is difficult without more context.

Mine started 3 years ago during weight loss and it hasn't gone away, though in my case it's the weight loss itself — I've dropped 80kg.

WOW, 3 years down the line and it's still happening for you? DANG. I was really hoping this would be over with in a couple of weeks. For me it might be the weight loss. I don't ever step on a scale, but during my appointment at the Dr.'s recently, I saw that I was down roughly 10 pounds over 1 month. I assumed it came from no longer playing 3 hours of pickleball daily (stupid knee injury), and thought it was muscle disappearing, but perhaps it was simply more weight coming off.

Is there nothing you can do for the dizziness? Did electrolytes not make a difference?
 
Back
Top