Time passing by even more quickly

Elgordoboy

Explorer
Joined
Feb 26, 2026
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Fl
#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
 
Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
 
Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
 
Flash-BCR said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
By the numbers, things look favorable for us, yet that doesn't make the days pass any slower.
 
Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
A roll of toilet paper is a lot like life...As you get nearer to the end, it unrolls faster... 76 years old, male.
 
That's exactly why you should schedule things you find rewarding. The clock itself hasn't sped up — only how you perceive it has. Stay present, and appreciate that you're out of harm's way, that you have meals to eat, and that you're in good health.
 
For me, the sensation grows stronger with each passing year. It isn’t so much that any particular moment drags or races — rather, I’ll abruptly notice that “wow, X years just flew by”. I suspect this is just how things go: once you’re older, work routines and similar structures take hold, and daily life settles into a far more predictable shape than it had when I was 20. If there’s one thing I genuinely long for, it’s the days when I saw my friends every single day.
 
Now that I'm retired, dates completely escape me. My mental calendar just splits each month into a start, a middle, and a finish. The one thing I never lose track of is the day, since every week seems to hold 7 Saturdays. 😉
 
Based on studies I've gone through—and my own experience matches this—you have to vary your activities more frequently, otherwise time feels squeezed together. The memory only takes the trouble to store things that stand out as interesting or novel; when each day looks too much like the last, it doesn't see much worth keeping, which makes it feel as though time is flying by at high speed.
 
Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
I'm in complete agreement with you and Flashbulb. I figure you both already realized that.

Flash-BCR said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
🤣That's for sure. How about we create a section for old guys? 🤣
 
BNLFL said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
I'm in complete agreement with you and Flashbulb. I figure you both already realized that.

Flash-BCR said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
🤣That's for sure. How about we create a section for old guys? 🤣
Don't include me in that...it would just be a group of old guys hanging out burping and scratching...I visit here for the 'fun girls' as much as anything else 😎 Every other interest-specific board I use is a 'guy board' where it is only a bunch of old dudes that....sit around burping and scratching...😳😳
 
Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
I'm in complete agreement with you and Flashbulb. I figure you both already realized that.

Flash-BCR said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
🤣That's for sure. How about we create a section for old guys? 🤣
Don't include me in that...it would just be a group of old guys hanging out burping and scratching...I visit here for the 'fun girls' as much as anything else 😎 Every other interest-specific board I use is a 'guy board' where it is only a bunch of old dudes that....sit around burping and scratching...😳😳
Somebody ought to give that a checkup. 😁 The odd part is, in my head I'm not old — yet the calendar disagrees. My wife and I will walk into a place, I'll spot a couple at the bar and wonder out loud what those two old folks are up to, and she just tells me to go find a mirror.
 
Seasonal1 said:

Now that I'm retired, dates completely escape me. My mental calendar just splits each month into a start, a middle, and a finish. The one thing I never lose track of is the day, since every week seems to hold 7 Saturdays. 😉
When my dad retired, someone gave him one of these.


https://www.amazon.com/DayClocks-Classic-Week-Retirement-Gift/dp/B0019FBLC6


He got a laugh out of it when he unwrapped it, yet afterward he genuinely made use of it.
 
I wish the clock would move faster so I can hit my goal, since watching how far I’ve come is addictive 😅
 
Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
I'm in complete agreement with you and Flashbulb. I figure you both already realized that.

Flash-BCR said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
🤣That's for sure. How about we create a section for old guys? 🤣
Don't include me in that...it would just be a group of old guys hanging out burping and scratching...I visit here for the 'fun girls' as much as anything else 😎 Every other interest-specific board I use is a 'guy board' where it is only a bunch of old dudes that....sit around burping and scratching...😳😳

belching and itching... haha
 
BNLFL said:

Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
I'm in complete agreement with you and Flashbulb. I figure you both already realized that.

Flash-BCR said:

Chili777 said:

Elgordoboy said:

#1 Chili777: [[Q1]]
It's age, and it gets faster and faster. Each day is a smaller fraction of your entire life. Wait until you're in your late 60s. I feel like I'm having breakfast every few hours.

It might just be a side effect tied to the bigger Anhedonia problem, but my injection that used to come once a week now seems to arrive every other day. Maybe if I did a broader range of things, I'd be better able to tell one day apart from the next as they all merge together? Still, I'm as content as I could be. I think. I'm fairly certain. That said, I'm aware that I, along with plenty of others, may have willingly but without realizing it walked right into the plot of Brave New World or something along those lines. Then again, it could just be getting older, and I'm 50+, plus the way time seems to pass subjectively at something close to an exponential rate.
That's just aging, and the pace keeps increasing. Every single day represents a tinier share of the life you've lived. Just wait until you hit your late 60s. For me, it seems like breakfast comes around every couple of hours.
Hold on, what?...Does that mean I've already landed in the bad place? 😳
🤣That's for sure. How about we create a section for old guys? 🤣
Don't include me in that...it would just be a group of old guys hanging out burping and scratching...I visit here for the 'fun girls' as much as anything else 😎 Every other interest-specific board I use is a 'guy board' where it is only a bunch of old dudes that....sit around burping and scratching...😳😳
Somebody ought to give that a checkup. 😁 The odd part is, in my head I'm not old — yet the calendar disagrees. My wife and I will walk into a place, I'll spot a couple at the bar and wonder out loud what those two old folks are up to, and she just tells me to go find a mirror.
It's almost this thing like a "Self Perception" that stays hidden from us (particularly when you've dropped a lot of weight too).

Sort of like Body Dis-morphia, except it's tied to Age?

I'll be chatting with someone, assuming we're around the same age, and then it hits me that I'm 20 years older than they are... Woops... 😅😅😇😇😆😆

So then I joke, "don't listen to me, I'm a fat old guy... what do I know?"
 
Once you're retired, pick up a part-time role at a place like Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot. That'll make time slow right down.
 
AllCourtTENNIS said:

Seasonal1 said:

Now that I'm retired, dates completely escape me. My mental calendar just splits each month into a start, a middle, and a finish. The one thing I never lose track of is the day, since every week seems to hold 7 Saturdays. 😉
When my dad retired, someone gave him one of these.


https://www.amazon.com/DayClocks-Classic-Week-Retirement-Gift/dp/B0019FBLC6


He got a laugh out of it when he unwrapped it, yet afterward he genuinely made use of it.
Yeah, that's the truth. I've been retired for more than 2 years now, and I honestly can't keep track of what day it is. When the neighbors head out around 7:30, I catch myself asking where they're off to — then my wife reminds me it's Monday and they're going to work.
 
Calm Logic said:

Once you're retired, pick up a part-time role at a place like Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot. That'll make time slow right down.
I considered the Ace Hardware nearby, only a 1/4mile up the main road. I'm not prepared at this point, and working evenings is something I'd never do.
 
Back
Top