Time for a Reset

Sasquatch

Explorer
Joined
Nov 30, 2025
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Location
The River
Took all of April off. Planning to pick things back up on the 1st of the month.

I'd simply had enough of it. Being on a high dose doesn't stop me from pushing past it. My only real goal is eating without feeling sick. Just returned from a trip I actually enjoyed. Tirz wouldn't have been part of that. And I wasn't really dropping weight anyway.

Restarting at 19.5÷4=4.8mg. Should that prove too strong, I'll water it down further. Later
 
I'm wondering whether anyone else has thoughts or knowledge about this in relation to what you wrote. Yesterday I got to thinking about it after I came across something on reddit where the replies were basically piling on the person who posted, criticizing her for saying she'd quit the mounjaro her doctor prescribed (she was on 7.5mg) since it made her feel awful. They kept going after her, insisting she should never have stopped, that she'd be back at 2.5mg, and that it likely wouldn't even work anymore since her body had already adjusted, and so on. I'm trying to figure out how much of that is actually true and how much is the drug companies pushing it so they never lose someone who pays every month for the highest doses. If they admitted that tirz still works when people use it in a yo-yo pattern for weight control, for those who don't want to develop resistance or pay max-dose prices every month, they'd be out a lot of money.
 
amosmylove said:

I'm wondering whether anyone else has thoughts or knowledge about this in relation to what you wrote. Yesterday I got to thinking about it after I came across something on reddit where the replies were basically piling on the person who posted, criticizing her for saying she'd quit the mounjaro her doctor prescribed (she was on 7.5mg) since it made her feel awful. They kept going after her, insisting she should never have stopped, that she'd be back at 2.5mg, and that it likely wouldn't even work anymore since her body had already adjusted, and so on. I'm trying to figure out how much of that is actually true and how much is the drug companies pushing it so they never lose someone who pays every month for the highest doses. If they admitted that tirz still works when people use it in a yo-yo pattern for weight control, for those who don't want to develop resistance or pay max-dose prices every month, they'd be out a lot of money.
Whether my take gets quoted is up to you, but Facebook and reddit come across as nearly the opposite of reality.

For my part, I intend to see firsthand how things play out. Not overly concerned.

I'm personally acquainted with 2 people, 1 of them a doctor, who chose to cruise rather than ever reach the maximum dose. Put differently, they only inject when the mood strikes. The doctor and I began at a comparable weight, and had similar loss. He is, for want of a better term, of softer tissue. His job isn't outdoors, and his everyday work isn't physical. The upside is that before long I can turn a 30days supply into a 120days supply all at once. While still keeping dosage control across the whole span.
 
Sasquatch said:

amosmylove said:

I'm wondering whether anyone else has thoughts or knowledge about this in relation to what you wrote. Yesterday I got to thinking about it after I came across something on reddit where the replies were basically piling on the person who posted, criticizing her for saying she'd quit the mounjaro her doctor prescribed (she was on 7.5mg) since it made her feel awful. They kept going after her, insisting she should never have stopped, that she'd be back at 2.5mg, and that it likely wouldn't even work anymore since her body had already adjusted, and so on. I'm trying to figure out how much of that is actually true and how much is the drug companies pushing it so they never lose someone who pays every month for the highest doses. If they admitted that tirz still works when people use it in a yo-yo pattern for weight control, for those who don't want to develop resistance or pay max-dose prices every month, they'd be out a lot of money.
Whether my take gets quoted is up to you, but Facebook and reddit come across as nearly the opposite of reality.

For my part, I intend to see firsthand how things play out. Not overly concerned.

I'm personally acquainted with 2 people, 1 of them a doctor, who chose to cruise rather than ever reach the maximum dose. Put differently, they only inject when the mood strikes. The doctor and I began at a comparable weight, and had similar loss. He is, for want of a better term, of softer tissue. His job isn't outdoors, and his everyday work isn't physical. The upside is that before long I can turn a 30days supply into a 120days supply all at once. While still keeping dosage control across the whole span.
My outlook matches yours exactly. You're spot on that a lot of these sites are completely detached from reality. And on top of that, the pharmaceutical companies keep serving up the very koolaid they themselves are gulping down.
 
Sasquatch said:

Took all of April off. Planning to pick things back up on the 1st of the month.

I'd simply had enough of it. Being on a high dose doesn't stop me from pushing past it. My only real goal is eating without feeling sick. Just returned from a trip I actually enjoyed. Tirz wouldn't have been part of that. And I wasn't really dropping weight anyway.

Restarting at 19.5÷4=4.8mg. Should that prove too strong, I'll water it down further. Later

Research on cycling glp-1 medications is quite limited, so most of what we know comes from anecdotal reports. Still, across many posts I've come across, there are some striking accounts suggesting that picking glp-1s back up after a pause doesn't work as well. Often, larger doses are required to get the same effects. That said, this applies to situations where someone is actively trying to shed pounds, not to maintenance. My guess is that interruptions during maintenance would be less problematic.

A recent press release covers a study—though it's in rats—that hints at how stop-start patterns might reduce the effectiveness of glp-1s.



a5aac5e99e6874c8ff20380365c38b6f27075a82d323ca6eba4385a9ed66ed58.jpg




Stopping and Restarting Certain GLP-1s to Lose Weight May Make the Drug Less Effective | Newswise



According to a new preclinical study, using some GLP-1 weight-loss drugs inconsistently—such as Ozempic and Wegovy—might greatly diminish how well they work.

58dc75e691d06b30781997526bf6afdd780e633c6bb348d8d8a9ea25c735152e.png



www.newswise.com

I'm curious to hear how it goes for you as you move forward. Keep us posted.
 
Grogu said:

Sasquatch said:

Took all of April off. Planning to pick things back up on the 1st of the month.

I'd simply had enough of it. Being on a high dose doesn't stop me from pushing past it. My only real goal is eating without feeling sick. Just returned from a trip I actually enjoyed. Tirz wouldn't have been part of that. And I wasn't really dropping weight anyway.

Restarting at 19.5÷4=4.8mg. Should that prove too strong, I'll water it down further. Later

Research on cycling glp-1 medications is quite limited, so most of what we know comes from anecdotal reports. Still, across many posts I've come across, there are some striking accounts suggesting that picking glp-1s back up after a pause doesn't work as well. Often, larger doses are required to get the same effects. That said, this applies to situations where someone is actively trying to shed pounds, not to maintenance. My guess is that interruptions during maintenance would be less problematic.

A recent press release covers a study—though it's in rats—that hints at how stop-start patterns might reduce the effectiveness of glp-1s.



View attachment 10864



Stopping and Restarting Certain GLP-1s to Lose Weight May Make the Drug Less Effective | Newswise



According to a new preclinical study, using some GLP-1 weight-loss drugs inconsistently—such as Ozempic and Wegovy—might greatly diminish how well they work.

View attachment 10865


www.newswise.com

I'm curious to hear how it goes for you as you move forward. Keep us posted.
Granted, correlation doesn't prove causation, which leaves me curious about what led them to pause in the first place. If anything, my own experience has been the reverse.
 
amosmylove said:

I'm wondering whether anyone else has thoughts or knowledge about this in relation to what you wrote. Yesterday I got to thinking about it after I came across something on reddit where the replies were basically piling on the person who posted, criticizing her for saying she'd quit the mounjaro her doctor prescribed (she was on 7.5mg) since it made her feel awful. They kept going after her, insisting she should never have stopped, that she'd be back at 2.5mg, and that it likely wouldn't even work anymore since her body had already adjusted, and so on. I'm trying to figure out how much of that is actually true and how much is the drug companies pushing it so they never lose someone who pays every month for the highest doses. If they admitted that tirz still works when people use it in a yo-yo pattern for weight control, for those who don't want to develop resistance or pay max-dose prices every month, they'd be out a lot of money.
Since I hold Lilly stock, my vote is to set the heretic ablaze for missing a dose!
 
Sasquatch said:

Took all of April off. Planning to pick things back up on the 1st of the month.

I'd simply had enough of it. Being on a high dose doesn't stop me from pushing past it. My only real goal is eating without feeling sick. Just returned from a trip I actually enjoyed. Tirz wouldn't have been part of that. And I wasn't really dropping weight anyway.

Restarting at 19.5÷4=4.8mg. Should that prove too strong, I'll water it down further. Later
Have you thought about dividing your dose? Splitting the weekly amount into 2 shots, spaced 3-4 days apart, might ease the nausea.
 
Do whatever you feel is right for yourself. Some folks in this space put total faith in "Doctors" who are really chiropractors—people who can't even perform massages anymore—yet they spread their garbage on YouTube, and others swallow it completely.
 
myopicmystic said:

Sasquatch said:

Took all of April off. Planning to pick things back up on the 1st of the month.

I'd simply had enough of it. Being on a high dose doesn't stop me from pushing past it. My only real goal is eating without feeling sick. Just returned from a trip I actually enjoyed. Tirz wouldn't have been part of that. And I wasn't really dropping weight anyway.

Restarting at 19.5÷4=4.8mg. Should that prove too strong, I'll water it down further. Later
Have you thought about dividing your dose? Splitting the weekly amount into 2 shots, spaced 3-4 days apart, might ease the nausea.
My injections have been 15mg, followed 36hrs. later by another 4.5mg.

The nausea I'm dealing with isn't that type. This is what happens after running tirz. at high doses, when you eat anything beyond a kid's burger patty. Fasting wasn't permitted for me, even though I wanted to. Result: a constant, nagging sense of being overly full.

Starting over at 2.5mg is the plan. Still, I know the "feeling" I'm aiming for. Bumping up to 4.5 or 5mg is simple enough.

As I said. We shall see. Among all the explorers on this site, has nobody simply stopped for 30 days, seriously? I understand it. With a freezer stocked with assorted flavors, switching would be my first move.
 
Sasquatch said:

myopicmystic said:

Sasquatch said:

Took all of April off. Planning to pick things back up on the 1st of the month.

I'd simply had enough of it. Being on a high dose doesn't stop me from pushing past it. My only real goal is eating without feeling sick. Just returned from a trip I actually enjoyed. Tirz wouldn't have been part of that. And I wasn't really dropping weight anyway.

Restarting at 19.5÷4=4.8mg. Should that prove too strong, I'll water it down further. Later
Have you thought about dividing your dose? Splitting the weekly amount into 2 shots, spaced 3-4 days apart, might ease the nausea.
My injections have been 15mg, followed 36hrs. later by another 4.5mg.

The nausea I'm dealing with isn't that type. This is what happens after running tirz. at high doses, when you eat anything beyond a kid's burger patty. Fasting wasn't permitted for me, even though I wanted to. Result: a constant, nagging sense of being overly full.

Starting over at 2.5mg is the plan. Still, I know the "feeling" I'm aiming for. Bumping up to 4.5 or 5mg is simple enough.

As I said. We shall see. Among all the explorers on this site, has nobody simply stopped for 30 days, seriously? I understand it. With a freezer stocked with assorted flavors, switching would be my first move.
Honestly, aside from dividing it into 10mg doses taken two times a week, I’m not sure what else could be done in that situation — your experience with this is way deeper than mine. Fingers crossed the reset does the trick for you, and please fill us in on the outcome!

Whether a month off is wise probably comes down to where someone is in their journey. For a person still losing weight or with a long way to go before their goal, my guess is the main concern is that restarting afterward won’t be as effective. From what I’ve seen posted around here, that scenario usually leads to stacking another compound or switching medications. During maintenance, though, you do hear of folks stretching the interval between shots out to 2-3 weeks and holding steady just fine.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Do whatever you feel is right for yourself. Some folks in this space put total faith in "Doctors" who are really chiropractors—people who can't even perform massages anymore—yet they spread their garbage on YouTube, and others swallow it completely.
Or a pharmacist.
 
So on the 1st, I jumped back in at 2.5mg. Then after all that chatter, I went ahead and shot another 2.5mg the following day.

Hunger's under control, enough. And yes, the standard penalty for eating too much. I'm staying off the scale until the middle of the week.

What used to last me a week is now stretching a whole month. I'd gladly keep this up for the entire summer.
 
Adding to what myopic said; plenty of anecdotal reports suggest that cycling on and off GLP-1s can make the road to future weight loss harder. When I moved up to 10mg I went through the same thing you did, but I increased the dose too quickly (each month). I dropped back to 7.5 for about six weeks, and now I'm at 10 again since my food choices weren't great. Sounds like the trick is finding the dose that fits you… the lowest one you can tolerate while still losing weight steadily. Losing even 1/2 pound per week adds up to 26lbs gone over a year. It's a marathon
 
Alright, I'm calling it for now. Hit my target weight, so I'm pausing while I'm away traveling for a month. Was running 9mg's Tirz and dropped 65 lbs. Curious to find out what my relationship with food looks like, plus where my mood and drive for life land after 6 months on Tirz. Once I'm home I'll hop back on, planning to kick off at 2.5 and just watch what unfolds.
 
thatkatmat said:

Alright, I'm calling it for now. Hit my target weight, so I'm pausing while I'm away traveling for a month. Was running 9mg's Tirz and dropped 65 lbs. Curious to find out what my relationship with food looks like, plus where my mood and drive for life land after 6 months on Tirz. Once I'm home I'll hop back on, planning to kick off at 2.5 and just watch what unfolds.
Watch out! This is all about mindset. I'm surrounded by what I call a buffet culture. The usual spread is thick steaks, a salad bar, and potatoes loaded with cheese and onions. Add cocktails into the mix. Straight out of a sixties film. A lot of people smoke too! Barring a curse, we won't make it to 100. Damn straight, going back means the weight comes back. I was grinning while I painted that picture of the culture. It's pure indulgence. The reverse of a struggle. What I'm wrestling with now is the last 20lbs. My gut biome has always put up a fight and come out on top. GLP1's handed me ammunition. But the gut pushes back. No idea how this ends? 60lbs. down might be the end of it?
 
Back
Top